New Orleans Pelicans Fire Head Coach Stan Van Gundy

J-ALL-DAY

Roster construction for this team is awful. Can’t have a statue like Adams there when you have a player like Zion to go with Bledsoe. The spacing on that team was just non existent. Trading Adams should be on top of the to do list. Then just put shooters around Zion and Ingram. 

I know Hart said he wanted a fresh start elsewhere but that’s someone I would talk into staying 

• Like 1

Just now, Leader said:

They should hire the MKE HC after he gets dumped :)

Another NBA coaching re-tread? No thanks. We've seen a lot of younger assistants like Snyder, Spo, Nurse, etc have success. Most of these retread coaches are out of jobs for a reason. 

Bryant spent 6 years on Quin's staff and was huge in our player development with guys like Mitchell, Hayward, and Gobert. He was just hired as the Knicks associate head coach last off-season and then you saw guys like Randle and Barrett make a jump. 

6 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Another NBA coaching re-tread? No thanks. We've seen a lot of younger assistants like Snyder, Spo, Nurse, etc have success. Most of these retread coaches are out of jobs for a reason. Bryant spent 6 years on Quin's staff and was huge in our player development with guys like Mitchell, Hayward, and Gobert. He was just hired as the Knicks associate head coach last off-season and then you saw guys like Randle and Barrett make a jump. 

The :) was to indicate I was kidding. Dont have a dog in the hunt of who they hire.

Once I read about the players were starting to clash with him I knew it was over for him.  Best bet for them is to hire a young up and coming assistant who can develop players and connect with the team. 

WITH THAT BEING IN MIND, PLEASE HIRE JASON KIDD!

3 hours ago, agarcia34 said:

I know Hart said he wanted a fresh start elsewhere but that’s someone I would talk into staying 

Interesting that Lonzo and Hart are both likely to leave. When guys are RFA are they eligible for a S&T? I know that the Knicks are interested in both guys. Not really sure what they could get back though. A Lonzo package to the Pacers for Myles Turner would be nice for the Pelicans. 

6 hours ago, MookieMonstah said:

I dont think roster construction is all that bad. Adams is fine because he provides a lot of "spacing" with his screens. Bledsoe was the worse fit, NAW clearly a better player and SVG kind of dug his own grave forcing Bledsoe to play. 

We have two guys on the entire roster that actually excel at 3 pt shooting/spotting up. It really isn't that complicated to figure out the kind of guys you'd want around Zion, we don't have good offensive chemistry or the supporting cast talent to overcome the fit issues. I like Adams fine but you need to be able to interchange him with someone that can space the floor, even just a good rim runner would make more sense offensively.

not a fan of SVG but playoffs was always going to be questionable, especially when Redick fell off a cliff

26 minutes ago, amac said:

We have two guys on the entire roster that actually excel at 3 pt shooting/spotting up. It really isn't that complicated to figure out the kind of guys you'd want around Zion, we don't have good offensive chemistry or the supporting cast talent to overcome the fit issues. I like Adams fine but you need to be able to interchange him with someone that can space the floor, even just a good rim runner would make more sense offensively.

not a fan of SVG but playoffs was always going to be questionable, especially when Redick fell off a cliff

Hayes is the stretch 5 of the future for sure. Lonzo, NAW, Ingram are all plus 3point shooters. Definitely need to add more, the bigger issue was playing Bledsoe so much. He absolutely sucked.