New Orleans Pelicans Fire Head Coach Stan Van Gundy

J-ALL-DAY

Thank god we ended that failure of a hire before it was too late. Gotta nail this hire and reconstruct the roster, mainly Bledsoe. I don't think Adams was as much of a problem as people say, in fact I don't think he was a problem at all. It's not like good stretch 5s grow on trees, which would obviously be a better fit if we could get one. Bledsoe though was awful, he couldn't even bother to have a good regular season for us like he did in Milwaukee.

On 6/17/2021 at 3:26 PM, MookieMonstah said:

Hayes is the stretch 5 of the future for sure. Lonzo, NAW, Ingram are all plus 3point shooters. 

Hayes has made 7 3's in 2 seasons, Lonzo is a career 35% 3p shooter, and NAW shot 34% from 3 last season. Not sure I'd call either of those guys plus 3 point shooters. 

5 hours ago, NYRaider said:

Hayes has made 7 3's in 2 seasons, Lonzo is a career 35% 3p shooter, and NAW shot 34% from 3 last season. Not sure I'd call either of those guys plus 3 point shooters. 

Need to be able to project bro. Hayes has a smooooth jumper. Lonzo is a good shooter now, don’t really care that he struggled early in his career. Pelicans also have the actual jump shot guru so theyre only going to get better. 

20 hours ago, NYRaider said:

Lonzo is a much better shooter than those career numbers show, he started awful. His 2 years in NOLA after working with the GOAT shooting coach Fred Vinson have been great. 

Hayes and NAW TBD. Hayes has a good FT stroke so he has the potential to develop the 3 ala Brook Lopez but we'll see. 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Spartica4Real said:

Lonzo is a much better shooter than those career numbers show, he started awful. His 2 years in NOLA after working with the GOAT shooting coach Fred Vinson have been great. 

Hayes and NAW TBD. Hayes has a good FT stroke so he has the potential to develop the 3 ala Brook Lopez but we'll see. 

Lonzo has improved but he's still a 37% 3P shooter and a 40% shooter overall.

38 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Lonzo has improved but he's still a 37% 3P shooter and a 40% shooter overall.

He shoots 37% but on a crazy amount of attempts. He's a legitimately good shooter. 

Yeah he can't score near the rim at all, part of why I think that - contrary to what a lot of people say - he's not a good fit with Zion. He can't run a halfcourt offense to save his life. 

7 hours ago, Spartica4Real said:

He shoots 37% but on a crazy amount of attempts. He's a legitimately good shooter. 

Yeah he can't score near the rim at all, part of why I think that - contrary to what a lot of people say - he's not a good fit with Zion. He can't run a halfcourt offense to save his life. 

He's a perfect fit if they continue to play him like they did last year. He's more of a wing in the modern NBA than a PG.

NAW
Lonzo
Ingram
Zion
Hayes

That should really be what they're trying to build this year. Hayes will be a good stretch 5/rim protector which is the perfect C in todays NBA.

8 hours ago, MookieMonstah said:

He's a perfect fit if they continue to play him like they did last year. He's more of a wing in the modern NBA than a PG.

NAW
Lonzo
Ingram
Zion
Hayes

That should really be what they're trying to build this year. Hayes will be a good stretch 5/rim protector which is the perfect C in todays NBA.

Yeah, the only way Lonzo works with Zion is as a 2 guard, just there to catch and shoot in the half court + feast as a ball handler in transition. No reason the Pels shouldn't be the best transition team in the league with Zo running the break and Zion/Hayes running the floor. 

I'm salivating and dreaming at the thought of the Pels winning the lottery again, somehow, someway. Cade would be a better fit on this team than most other teams in the lottery. They just need a PG who can run a halfcourt and shoot. We also need lots and lots of defense. 

Feels like Charles Lee is who we're going to hire. If not him then it has to be another assistant that's still in the playoffs. Only reason I can think of for Griff to be dragging his feet.

Edited by JMG5