Los Angeles Clippers Fear SF Kawhi Leonard Has Torn ACL

J-ALL-DAY

2 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Hawks lost Deandre Hunter and even Trae is banged up.

Donte was definitely a loss but other teams have dealt with more. I mean every year teams lose key contributors but if you lose your best or second player, you are usually f'd. You can make up for a loss like Donte's.

BK, LAL, LAC, PHO, DEN etc have dealt with bigger losses. 

Thank you lol

Just now, J-ALL-DAY said:

Hawks lost Deandre Hunter and even Trae is banged up.

Donte was definitely a loss but other teams have dealt with more. I mean every year teams lose key contributors but if you lose your best or second player, you are usually f'd. You can make up for a loss like Donte's.

BK, LAL, LAC, PHO, DEN etc have dealt with bigger losses. 

Oh dear god, you guys are comical. I'm not a ******* idiot and I know that losing Kawhi/Conley/Murray/Davis/Irving isn't the same as losing Donte. That's not the ******* point. It's the glossing over the loss of Donte as if it's inconsequential and we're not dealing with anything.

Just now, beekay414 said:

Oh dear god, you guys are comical. I'm not a ******* idiot and I know that losing Kawhi/Conley/Murray/Davis/Irving isn't the same as losing Donte. That's not the ******* point. It's the glossing over the loss of Donte as if it's inconsequential and we're not dealing with anything.

I was just pointing out that while Donte is a loss (and he definitely is), the Bucks are still in a much better position than other teams. I'm assuming that is what the conversation was about. If not, my bad. 

2 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

Nobody said this. Maybe your reading comprehension is the one that is lacking.

Just now, TheRealMcCoy said:

Nobody said this. Maybe your reading comprehension is the one that is lacking.

I went hyperbole there because I'm emphasizing a point. I'm not, nor ever was, comparing losing Donte to stars. I even stated my case as to why it was a huge loss for us and you then went the semantics route because I used the word huge lol.

It's like the Warriors losing Iggy. That's Donte's role. That's not just something you overcome in a day or series. 

3 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

I was just pointing out that while Donte is a loss (and he definitely is), the Bucks are still in a much better position than other teams. I'm assuming that is what the conversation was about. If not, my bad. 

Nah, apparently it's about semantics and my use of the word huge. 

I'm just saying, we may be "better off" health wise but we're definitely not better off on the sidelines LOL. I'm just saying, with someone as fickle as Budenholzer, losing someone like Donte throws a massive wrench into how the Bucks operate. We lose one of the few secondary ballhandlers we have, an integral part of our ability to switch on defense, an excellent rebounding 2 guard, and a secondary playmaker. Donte's impact on this team is vital. I don't think people really understand how important he is. Especially considering our lack of depth in the backcourt.

7 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

He's on the Lakers lol. If he was on the Grizzlies, he ain't getting any clout. 

You blind.

Impact measurements actually grade him out to be one of the best defenders in the NBA. 

17 minutes ago, Bullet Club said:

Impact measurements actually grade him out to be one of the best defenders in the NBA. 

Which ones? Honestly curious because these individual defensive ratings are all over the place. 

EDIT - Also, I know Caruso is a good defender. Point still stands. A dude averaging 6 points per game, playing great defense, won't get any type of clout if he was on the Grizzlies or Thunder. He gets a **** ton of clout because he plays 1) in LA and 2) with LeBron.

Edited by beekay414

Just now, beekay414 said:

Which ones? Honestly curious because these individual defensive ratings are all over the place. 

The Best NBA Players, According To RAPTOR | FiveThirtyEight

13th in the NBA, 3rd amongst guards/wings

LEBRON Database - Basketball Index (bball-index.com)

8th in NBA, Highest graded non-C in the NBA, Projected All NBA D 1st Team

Players Defense | Stats | NBA.com

6th in the NBA amongst rotation players (40+ games), best rated non-Jazz guard in the NBA

My work computer blocks me from viewing the data but RAPM and PIPM have him graded out near the top too. Even Basketball reference which uses metrics that rely more on stls/blks than actual defensive ability has him graded out highly. If there is one thing Caruso does it's defend at a high level.

• Like 3

29 minutes ago, beekay414 said:
30 minutes ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

Caruso got All NBA Defense votes and should’ve been in the running for one of the spots.

You sleep.

He's on the Lakers lol. If he was on the Grizzlies, he ain't getting any clout. 

You blind.

Donte is 3rd team here so maybe I'm underrating him a little bit. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Bullet Club said:

The Best NBA Players, According To RAPTOR | FiveThirtyEight

13th in the NBA, 3rd amongst guards/wings

LEBRON Database - Basketball Index (bball-index.com)

8th in NBA, Highest graded non-C in the NBA, Projected All NBA D 1st Team

Players Defense | Stats | NBA.com

6th in the NBA amongst rotation players (40+ games), best rated non-Jazz guard in the NBA

My work computer blocks me from viewing the data but RAPM and PIPM have him graded out near the top too. Even Basketball reference which uses metrics that rely more on stls/blks than actual defensive ability has him graded out highly. If there is one thing Caruso does it's defend at a high level.

For sure but how strong are these in taking team defense into account? RAPTOR, for instance, almost every Laker had really good defensive scores. That's not surprising at all. I mean, Harrell had like a +2 RAPTOR and he was unplayable in the playoffs because of his defense. 

Metrics are great but defensive metrics have their issues. For one, who are these guys guarding? How good is their team defense? What pace are they playing at? Just a **** ton of questions around defensive individual metrics.

• Like 1