Ranking The Roster - #6

TitanLegend

Who is 6th the best player on the Titans roster?  

22 members have voted

1. 1. Who is 6th the best player on the Titans roster?

• Taylor Lewan
    • Kevin Byard
    • Rodger Saffold
    • Ben Jones
    • Nate Davis
    • Bud Dupree
    • Denico Autry
    • Janoris Jenkins
    • Brett Kern
    • Jayon Brown

With the acquisition of Julio Jones, it was decided to place him at 3rd on the overall list, bringing the potential that the offense could be even more potent than it was last year.

E39CcMaWUAc1TQv?format=jpg&name=4096x409

Joining him as a winner from what was our #4 poll(now #5 with Julio's arrival) is one of the few bright spots from the defense last year, Jeffery Simmons. If the retooled defense plays as well as we hope, Simmons' dominance will become even more apparent.

NoeMD4E8.jpg

List so far:

1. Derrick Henry
  2. AJ Brown
  3. Julio Jones
  4. Ryan Tannehill
  5. Jeffery Simmons

Lewan and Byard here. Lewan falls for injury and suspension, Byard for sub par play on the field. Lewan has the better excuse.

Byard wasn’t used correctly last season, but the same dummy is coordinating the defense this year too, so I don’t expect drastic improvements.

20 minutes ago, ttitansfan4life said:

I’ll go with Lewan but nasty Nate should be coming up soon. Underrated by the NFL and our own fanbase. Dude is one of the best young interior OL in the whole league.

As a run blocker, he's one of the best, but he's a pretty average pass blocker IMO.

23 minutes ago, Daniel said:

As a run blocker, he's one of the best, but he's a pretty average pass blocker IMO.

I feel as though his improvement from awful to above average has kind of led to him being a bit overrated by the fan base. He’s still our fourth best OL. Though obviously he’s much younger than the top three.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, titans0021 said:

I feel as though his improvement from awful to above average has kind of led to him being a bit overrated by the fan base. He’s still our fourth best OL. Though obviously he’s much younger than the top three.

Fourth best might be a stretch, especially for the upcoming season.  I'd put him over Jones even last year, but it's close, and that's a reasonable ranking your way.  But he's young, and both Saffold and Jones are getting older.  I'd be really surprised if he's not better than at least one of them this season.  If not both.

Then again, Radunz may come in as one of the top players right off the bat.

But I'm also not voting for any of them over Jayon Brown, Kevin Byard, Brett Kern, or maybe Janoris Jenkins.  I'm still not sure the order of those four, but they're probably the next for me.  After that, it's a really tough call between the remaining OLs, Bud Dupree, and Harold Landry.

5 minutes ago, Mesa_Titan said:

Lewan. Will be voting Kern next, tbqh. 

I always forget Kern.  I might have to flip a coin between him and Byard next.

57 minutes ago, Daniel said:

Fourth best might be a stretch, especially for the upcoming season.  I'd put him over Jones even last year, but it's close, and that's a reasonable ranking your way.  But he's young, and both Saffold and Jones are getting older.  I'd be really surprised if he's not better than at least one of them this season.  If not both.

Then again, Radunz may come in as one of the top players right off the bat.

But I'm also not voting for any of them over Jayon Brown, Kevin Byard, Brett Kern, or maybe Janoris Jenkins.  I'm still not sure the order of those four, but they're probably the next for me.  After that, it's a really tough call between the remaining OLs, Bud Dupree, and Harold Landry.

I always forget Kern.  I might have to flip a coin between him and Byard next.

Kern is just always Kern. If it wasn’t for last year Byard would top him for me, but after that disaster of a season for Byard I’ll go with the tried and true. 
People like to say that Byard’s season last year was all due to scheme, and I could get behind that if he wasn’t a garbage tackler along with the coverage last year. Scheme has nothing to do with tackling and he was real bad at it last year.