You are now a Board Member....vote and discuss....

vegas492

Board Member Vote....  

44 members have voted

1. 1. As a Board Member, I vote to.....

• Can Murphy to get Rodgers back into the organization. Choosing Rodgers over Murphy.
    • Choosing Murphy over Rodgers.
    • Neither. As a Board Member, I'm too busy with 8 different mom's of posters from this site to be bothered.

In this alternate reality, everyone registered on this board is a Packer Board Member.

You've watched the Rodgers Saga.  You've been informed of every detail from your employees.  Murphy.  Ball.  Gute.  MLF.  Presumably also from Rodgers' agent.  You've also heard from MLF about how Love has performed at the camps.

And we have reached this point.  Either Murphy is removed from the organization, or Rodgers will never play for GB again.  Rodgers wants nothing more than Murphy to be removed.  No new contract, nothing else.  That is what it has come down to.  A Rodgers trade is a possibility in this scenario.

How do you vote?  

I don't have a problem with Murphy. Assuming he did tell Rodgers "not to be the problem", that's fair given they chose Rodgers over McCarthy, but the biggest issue was them butting heads. I'm sure Rodgers didn't like it, but it was fair. If that's a grievance, it's a petty one and Rodgers is proving it was a fair warning.

The "complicated" statement... At this point they KNOW. I am going by the assumption that the OPs scenario is correct. The organization knows Rodgers flat out wants gone. I see a ton of reasons that it's better he either show up or sit out at this point. A trade can happen after the season when there are enough bidders to get a solid price. If you know he's dug in like that, and being that petty, why not poke the bear and push him to the point where he is going to sit the season? Instead of the cap situation by trading him now, you recoup signing bonus too.

I think they know more than we do and have no problem with anything Murphy has done or said.

16 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

In this alternate reality, everyone registered on this board is a Packer Board Member.

You've watched the Rodgers Saga.  You've been informed of every detail from your employees.  Murphy.  Ball.  Gute.  MLF.  Presumably also from Rodgers' agent.  You've also heard from MLF about how Love has performed at the camps.

And we have reached this point.  Either Murphy is removed from the organization, or Rodgers will never play for GB again.  Rodgers wants nothing more than Murphy to be removed.  No new contract, nothing else.  That is what it has come down to.  A Rodgers trade is a possibility in this scenario.

How do you vote?  

No player is so big that they should be able to get a GM, team president, or coach fired just because that's what he wants.  In this case neither Murphy or Gute deserves to be canned. 

• Like 2

How about a 4th choice....can both.

If voted to keep Murphy and can Rodgers....not that I think Murphy is great, but you cannot let a player run an organization.  I think when everything finally gets out there we will find that Murphy has a tendency to step in his own **** occasionally.  Example, in one moment he is saying the less said about the situation the better, then about 2 or 3 weeks later when he is speaking publicly to a group of business people, he opens his own mouth and says something about it.  He just cannot help himself sometimes.

Edited by minnypackerfan
  • Like 1

I side with Murphy.   If Rodgers was in his 5th year I might feel a little different but not much.  Hes been here 16 years.  He's got another 2-3 years left , but it isn't worth the headaches and power struggles he brings.  If he had 3-4 Super Bowls in his resume I might look at it differently.

Bottom line:  If we can't get to the SB with you, we can also not get there without you, we can save $37 and $40 million to use elsewhere, and get a decent haul in draft picks.  

This organization has dozens of HOFs in its proud history.  There will be more when you are gone.  No player is bigger than the organization.

We rode this guy and got the best out of him over 16 years.  Time to get a new car.

Rodgers has passive aggressive issues.  He spent the offseason playing "Everybody look at Me" games with coded statements.  He'll get to camp and say "Why is everybody looking at me?".    He created a circus this offseason, and the Packers are playing along FOR NOW.  

Edited by NFLGURU

15 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

There is no reason to move on from Murphy

There are a LOT of reasons to move on from Rodgers

easy choice

I’d argue the opposite. 

I too think this is a false choice but there’s a lot of people who can do Mark Murphy’s job.

People. Lets let it rest. This crap is consuming us and frankly we're beginning to act like we're both bored to death and also addicted to this BS.
Lets wait till there's actually something to consider. Eventually there will be. That day will come.

Great player, HOF first ballot, but if your organizations goal is to win Super Bowls, where are we at the past 10 years?

Rodgers might end up being like Andy Reid in Philly.  Couldn't get it done there, but may need to go elsewhere to do it.  Great coach, but Philly also got it done after he left.