You are now a Board Member....vote and discuss....

vegas492

Board Member Vote....  

44 members have voted

1. 1. As a Board Member, I vote to.....

• Can Murphy to get Rodgers back into the organization. Choosing Rodgers over Murphy.
    • Choosing Murphy over Rodgers.
    • Neither. As a Board Member, I'm too busy with 8 different mom's of posters from this site to be bothered.

45 minutes ago, Rainmaker90 said:

There ya go. 

There’s a ton of business people to do Murphy’s job. 

It’s a false choice but in no way is Mark Murphy more valuable than AR and if that is the line in the sand for AR, then I’d say goodbye Murph. 

If you’re more concerned about the business end more than winning a SB, which I’m CONVINCED you are, then idk , have fun. 

Ummmm......the only QB Rodgers has defeated in the NFCCG is named Caleb Haney.  I'm surprised you guys have so much faith in him winning a Superb Owl when he is starting to be known more for choking it off in the big games.  Plus, @Outpost31will tell you- we have no chance with his salary cap number over the top.  He is assuring our failure by his greed and now he wants more.

It's deja vu for Packer Fans.

We should be referring to him as Brent Jr.

Edited by Dubz41
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, Dubz41 said:

Ummmm......the only QB Rodgers has defeated in the NFCCG is named Caleb Haney.  I'm surprised you guys have so much faith in him winning a Superb Owl when he is starting to be known more for choking it off in the big games.  Plus, @Outpost31will tell you- we have no chance with his salary cap number over the top.  He is assuring our failure by his greed and now he wants more.

It's deja vu for Packer Fans.

We should be referring to him as Brent Jr.

There’s going to be a day when GB doesn’t have all-pro caliber QB play and if this is the reaction to Rodgers then this place will be miserable when it happens .

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Dubz41 said:

I'm holding out for one of your mom's nightgowns........

According to Murphy, Rodgers is under  contract for 2021 at 37 million, 2022 for 40 million, and 2023 for 28 million.  This is the current business agreement between the front office of the Breen Bay Packers and Aaron Rodgers.  If Aaron Rodgers does not live up to his contract then fines kick in and if it goes long enough the contract moves year and would end in 2024 instead of 2023. There is no trade clause in Rodgers current contract so he does not have to approve of the team the Packers may trade him too. 

1 minute ago, Isherwood said:

I have no particular fondness for Murphy, but if this really is the ultimatum, I’m ready for Love. Even if it makes us worse in the short term. 

I'm ready for the Jordan Love era anyway.  It seems inevitable that Rodgers is a short-timer in GB, and it's not going to do Love any good to sit behind Rodgers for another season.  It's go time for Jordan Love.  He'll be just fine.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, {Family Ghost} said:

I'm ready for the Jordan Love era anyway.  It seems inevitable that Rodgers is a short-timer in GB, and it's not going to do Love any good to sit behind Rodgers for another season.  It's go time for Jordan Love.  He'll be just fine.

Let's just say that Love isn't "just fine".  Let's say, for the sake of argument, that he's average to below average in his first year.

It wouldn't "sting" me even a little bit if that happened.  I believe our defense can step up.  It may be time for them to carry a team for once.  And regarding Love, it would be nice to really root hard for a young QB again.

Funny.  Early on, this Rodgers saga was all about the selection of Love.  Then Rodgers says it isn't.  If we are to believe Rodgers, this was coming to a head this year even had we drafted someone not named Love.  So really, the selection of Love is really our saving grace here, or we would have absolutely no idea what the future holds in regards to the QB in Green Bay.

So....All.  Hail.  GUTE!

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

This just in....Moms are catching up to Murphy in the vote!  They'd be ahead had I just put @Norm's mom in the poll.  

I went to Google, did a search for Norm's Mom pic, this is the first picture it sent back to me.

NC mom's LinkedIn headshot ignites debate over workplace norms during  COVID-19 – WSOC TV

Sort of terrifying that the right one is not terribly far off

• Like 1

The only reason people don't like Mark Murphy is because his role doesn't have visibility, fans do not grow an emotional attachment to him, and he's important enough to blame if there's anything wrong. So that combination of not being emotionally invested in him and the ease of not having to think about what he actually does leads to the lazy criticism of him.

Not that he cares, I'm sure. He's bright enough to understand all of this, too. It's just annoying to see it happen here.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Rainmaker90 said:

There’s going to be a day when GB doesn’t have all-pro caliber QB play and if this is the reaction to Rodgers then this place will be miserable when it happens .

But Rain........two of the last three years he didn't perform at All Pro level.  That's what prompted the selection of Love.  Do you really think he can keep it up?  As soon as ONE player thinks he's above the team...it's over.  Just because the national sports wonks kiss his a** doesn't mean they have a clue.  He got outsmarted by Gute and Ball, he's having a hissy fit.  The former players in the media will turn on him (it's already starting).  He's overplayed his hand.  He is not the clutch player that open-mouth-kid-kisser Brady is, that's the hard truth.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Dubz41 said:

But Rain........two of the last three years he didn't perform at All Pro level.  That's what prompted the selection of Love.  Do you really think he can keep it up?  As soon as ONE player thinks he's above the team...it's over.  Just because the national sports wonks kiss his a** doesn't mean they have a clue.  He got outsmarted by Gute and Ball, he's having a hissy fit.  The former players in the media will turn on him (it's already starting).  He's overplayed his hand.  He is not the clutch player that open-mouth-kid-kisser Brady is, that's the hard truth.

There’s a lot to unpack here that I’m not getting into . 

A lot of people are overreacting to this. Yes, there’s a disconnect . But the whole ‘he’s not coming back ‘ is crap. He hasn’t even requested a trade lol. 

• Like 1