You are now a Board Member....vote and discuss....

vegas492

Board Member Vote....  

44 members have voted

1. 1. As a Board Member, I vote to.....

• Can Murphy to get Rodgers back into the organization. Choosing Rodgers over Murphy.
    • Choosing Murphy over Rodgers.
    • Neither. As a Board Member, I'm too busy with 8 different mom's of posters from this site to be bothered.

6 hours ago, vegas492 said:

Let's just say that Love isn't "just fine".  Let's say, for the sake of argument, that he's average to below average in his first year.

Funny.  Early on, this Rodgers saga was all about the selection of Love.  Then Rodgers says it isn't.  If we are to believe Rodgers, this was coming to a head this year even had we drafted someone not named Love.  

Rodgers was 6-10 his first year.  Love will take time to develop regardless of when he starts.

Rodgers says it isn't about Jordan Love.  

Translation:  It isn't about Jordan Love the person, its about the selection of a QB.  (Jordan Love).

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Rainmaker90 said:

There’s going to be a day when GB doesn’t have all-pro caliber QB play and if this is the reaction to Rodgers then this place will be miserable when it happens .

This place is miserable when Rodgers is playing at all-pro caliber, it'll just be legit whining in the future. 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Rainmaker90 said:

There ya go. 

There’s a ton of business people to do Murphy’s job. 

It’s a false choice but in no way is Mark Murphy more valuable than AR and if that is the line in the sand for AR, then I’d say goodbye Murph. 

If you’re more concerned about the business end more than winning a SB, which I’m CONVINCED you are, then idk , have fun. 

If you want to continue to "have" the GB Packers who has no billionaire owner, you NEED somebody that knows both business and football.  To think having just a business man or woman only running the organization is simply goofy.  Dollars are needed to be generated more than ever when there isn't an owner with deep pockets.  The prisoners don't run the jail and if it does ... there's riots.  So far, Murphy has done both pretty well; not easy by any means.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Rainmaker90 said:

There’s going to be a day when GB doesn’t have all-pro caliber QB play and if this is the reaction to Rodgers then this place will be miserable when it happens .

Younger Packer fans have been spoiled terribly the past 20+ years with Favre and Rodgers.  Old guy fans like myself DO remember when this Packers were miserable for years.  There can be a combo of both ...     

20 hours ago, NFLGURU said:

The board got involved to determine Lombardis contract issues after he retired from coaching and was the Packer GM and wanted to leave for Washington.

The Board really started getting involved in football operations after the Hadl trade fiasco by Devine.  

When Lombardi was first hired team president Dominic Olejniczak gave Vince a list of all the things the BOD wanted him to do.  Vince basically told him to pound sand saying now that he is HC and GM he was in charge from now on.  Up until then the Board was involved with football operations even when Lambeau was around.  It wasn't until Harlan became team President that the Board let the GM run the club without interference.  Murphy should stay out of it too even tho he was a player and a collegiate athletic director before.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, coachbuns said:

If you want to continue to "have" the GB Packers who has no billionaire owner, you NEED somebody that knows both business and football.  To think having just a business man or woman only running the organization is simply goofy.  Dollars are needed to be generated more than ever when there isn't an owner with deep pockets.  The prisoners don't run the jail and if it does ... there's riots.  So far, Murphy has done both pretty well; not easy by any means.

Yeah .. he's a high quality football man.  He's done it all in the league.  The next guy up, Ed Policy, is highly thought of as well, but doesn't have quite the diverse background that Murphy possesses.

21 hours ago, packfanfb said:

I don't think "firing" Murphy is required for Rodgers to come back or frankly, even a topic on Rodgers' mind. That being said, I couldn't care less if Murphy is fired tomorrow. 

I suspect Rodgers beef might be with Gute more than Murphy but who knows?

44 minutes ago, FinneasGage said:

i don't side with either, but I like Aaron and don't really like Mark Murphy as the CEO of the team I root for even though he seems like a great guy. the sooner we can move on from murphy in that role, the better. 

I don’t have personal feelings about Murphy one way or another, but I just think the GM should be the sole/lead face of the front office. That’s the way I like it, and I think Murphy, Ball, and Gute being this 3 headed thing doesn’t sit well with me. I have no real evidence to go on, it’s just not my preferred NFL team structure. I liked the way it was with Thompson. 

• Like 1

On 6/21/2021 at 6:54 PM, Cpdaly23 said:

Who is having trouble grasping this?

Read this forum long enough and you'll know....anyone legitimately criticizes Love or defends Aaron and it's pitchforks and torches for some. They'll go to QAnon lengths just to defend their point by rebuking trustworthy resources - it's gotten pretty bad here some of the time.