You are now a Board Member....vote and discuss....

vegas492

Board Member Vote....  

44 members have voted

1. 1. As a Board Member, I vote to.....

• Can Murphy to get Rodgers back into the organization. Choosing Rodgers over Murphy.
    • Choosing Murphy over Rodgers.
    • Neither. As a Board Member, I'm too busy with 8 different mom's of posters from this site to be bothered.

56 minutes ago, Joe said:

Read this forum long enough and you'll know....anyone legitimately criticizes Love or defends Aaron and it's pitchforks and torches for some. They'll go to QAnon lengths just to defend their point by rebuking trustworthy resources - it's gotten pretty bad here some of the time.

I couldn't type until I was done chuckling there......

Why do you play the victim?  People get their own opinion. Trustworthy resources? Who decides those?

Just how long is a QAnon length?

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Dubz41 said:

I couldn't type until I was done chuckling there......

Why do you play the victim?  People get their own opinion. Trustworthy resources? Who decides those?

Just how long is a QAnon length?

whoever said I was talking about myself? There have been several open battles amongst small groups of posters(2-3 people generally) about the Rodgers vs. Love debate regardless of how we feel about the talents and abilities of either player. I'm not playing any sort of victim at all here, just stating what has happened.

Edited by Joe

On 6/17/2021 at 8:24 AM, {Family Ghost} said:

No player is so big that they should be able to get a GM, team president, or coach fired just because that's what he wants.  In this case neither Murphy or Gute deserves to be canned. 

There was that one time with Elway and Reeves…

Here's my two cents.  Has Rodgers came right out and say, he wants Murphy gone or Gute?  I think he has stated again and again, that he wants the Packers to go all in.  In  our eyes, we think they have.  In his, they haven't.  The Packers haven't gone out and got him that 3rd marque weapon.  Would Julio Jones made a good or great #3 weapon?

With adjusting Rodgers contract and resigning Adams, could they have been able to squeeze Jones into the team.  My answer would be yes, if there's a will, there's a way.  This is what I think Rodgers is pissed about.  If the Packers would have had that marque #3 weapon for Rodgers, would they have still lost the past two NFC Championship games?  We will never know, that is Rodgers point I think.  I have to agree with him.

So, with that being said.  Is Rodgers becoming another Brett in the locker room?  If so, then let's move on.  Let's get the Draft picks and a starter or two from the Raiders or Denver.  A package like 2022 #1 and #2 picks, 2023 #1,  Henry Ruggs Jr. WR and Maxx Crosby DE from the Raiders.  Same draft picks, Noah Fants TE and Dalton Risner OL from the Broncos.  Boyles is the #2 QB behind Love, we don't need Carr or Lock.

Every employee should be held accountable for their productivity, agreed?  If you went to your boss and said, fire employee X or I am leaving.  Well, you and I would be shown the door.  Sure, maybe some of us would get the boss to say, hey, we don't want you to go, but we will not fire employee X.  Employee X has done a good job for the company, and so have you, but X is staying.  So, with that said, Murphy and Gute should not be fired.

12 minutes ago, jleisher said:

Here's my two cents.  Has Rodgers came right out and say, he wants Murphy gone or Gute?  I think he has stated again and again, that he wants the Packers to go all in.  In  our eyes, we think they have.  In his, they haven't.  The Packers haven't gone out and got him that 3rd marque weapon.  Would Julio Jones made a good or great #3 weapon?

He wanted Jimmy Graham, he got Jimmy Graham, then did not throw Jimmie Graham the ball.

He has an elite WR, a run blocking TE, a true TE, a deep threat and two RB's that compliment each other.

The guy has enough weapons.  No doubt about it.

Not sure what to do about Julio.  We know he is regressing.  He's older and had a bigger contract.  Who yah gonna let go for Julio?  

I mean, the Packers did everything they could to run it back, so to say.  If Rodgers really wanted another weapon, maybe he should have accepted the restructured contract.  

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

He wanted Jimmy Graham, he got Jimmy Graham, then did not throw Jimmie Graham the ball.

He has an elite WR, a run blocking TE, a true TE, a deep threat and two RB's that compliment each other.

The guy has enough weapons.  No doubt about it.

Not to mention that for the bulk of his career his protection/OL has been very good as well. 

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Mr Bad Example said:

Not to mention that for the bulk of his career his protection/OL has been very good as well. 

Big time yes on this front.  It odd, though.  Bulaga was a first round pick.  Outside of that?  GB has drafted, developed then paid their o-lineman from later draft picks.  Whoever it is that scouts o-linemen should get a raise.  

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

Big time yes on this front.  It odd, though.  Bulaga was a first round pick.  Outside of that?  GB has drafted, developed then paid their o-lineman from later draft picks.  Whoever it is that scouts o-linemen should get a raise.  

And coaches them up!

5 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

And coaches them up!

That I'm not positive about.  We've drafted and developed O-lineman for a long time, with multiple OC's and OL coaches.  I love me some Stenny.  But something tells me that we are just good at evaluating o-line talent, so we end up giving that coach a lot to work with.

Stenny, Campen, Philbin, Beightol.  And dang, Campen was our O-line coach for a really, really long time.  

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 6/17/2021 at 1:01 PM, Rainmaker90 said:

There’s going to be a day when GB doesn’t have all-pro caliber QB play and if this is the reaction to Rodgers then this place will be miserable when it happens .

This

So much delusion, esp when QB has never been more important.