2022 where we finally are rebuilt draft thread

3. Kayvon Thibodeaux EDGE Oregon simply bpa. Considered stingley but with the lack of proven edges brought it in makes edge an early favorite

35. Zion Nelson OT Miami-Fl Taylor is average at best

67. Jahleel Billingsley TE Alabama move te

103. Cade Mays OG Tennessee potential starting g/c

135. Malaesala Aumavae-Laulu OT Oregon tackle depth

146. Jaxson Kirkland OG Washington ol depth

167. Will Mallory TE Miami-Fl TE competition

198. Mohamed Ibrahim RB Minnesota RB depth

• 1 month later...
20 hours ago, Uncle Buck said:

Any elite TE prospects coming out for the draft next year?  That's probably our weakest position.

First look thru it's a solid crop but it's still early. 

But I have a counterpoint why we don't need an elite te.   When has urban ever developed an elite te in college.  I can't think of any that went on to do anything of note besides Hernandez

On 8/7/2021 at 12:17 PM, LinderFournette said:

But I have a counterpoint why we don't need an elite te.   When has urban ever developed an elite te in college.  I can't think of any that went on to do anything of note besides Hernandez

How many college coaches have coached more talent at TE than Hernandez, Trey Burton, and Jordan Reed?

16 minutes ago, pwny said:

How many college coaches have coached more talent at TE than Hernandez, Trey Burton, and Jordan Reed?

How about Iowa's Kirk ferentz. 

Take a nice hard gander there sir. 

How about Larry coker sneaking in there with Bubba Franks, Jeremy shockey, Kellen Winslow, Greg Olsen. 

8 minutes ago, LinderFournette said:

How about Iowa's Kirk ferentz. 

Take a nice hard gander there sir. 

How about Larry coker sneaking in there with Bubba Franks, Jeremy shockey, Kellen Winslow, Greg Olsen. 

So very few, is what you’re saying?

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/8/2021 at 10:16 PM, pwny said:

https://www.jacksonville.com/article/20100916/SPORTS/801244659

article from 2010 going over how Urban’s view on Tight Ends changed over time.

His view might have changed but at the end of the day ACTIONS speak louder then WORDS. 

Trades away injury-prone te with upside for a conditional pick. 

Signs a blocking te. 

Drafts a te in round 5 over an arguebly better te prospect atleast according to the media big boards. 

32 minutes ago, LinderFournette said:

His view might have changed but at the end of the day ACTIONS speak louder then WORDS. 

Trades away injury-prone te with upside for a conditional pick. 

Signs a blocking te. 

Drafts a te in round 5 over an arguebly better te prospect atleast according to the media big boards. 

You mean actions like how his offenses featured TEs heavily after that point?

It’s still amazing that you’re arguing that Urban’s offense doesn’t need a TE because it’s been so great without them in the college game, but also being very mad that they traded away an injury prone player who has done literally nothing in his career and didn’t overpay for a player. 

23 hours ago, pwny said:

You mean actions like how his offenses featured TEs heavily after that point?

It’s still amazing that you’re arguing that Urban’s offense doesn’t need a TE because it’s been so great without them in the college game, but also being very mad that they traded away an injury prone player who has done literally nothing in his career and didn’t overpay for a player. 

It would be nice to have a te that can be a solid weapon for Lawrence. 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.baltimorebeatdown.com/platform/amp/2021/8/13/22623140/josh-oliver-continues-to-impress-and-make-the-most-of-his-opportunities-mark-andrews-nick-boyle

By all accounts Oliver is looking good and we traded him for a single peanut yet he was considered garbage cuz of his injury history. He looked on the path last year in camp but then the injury bug bite him again.  10/10 would rather have him then a conditional 7th round pick. 

I kinda hope the eagles waive/injured Tyree Jackson and claim and ir him but I'm sure we won't

7 hours ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

How are you this hung up on a guy that has 3 receptions in 2 years?

Because he has just about as many NFL catches as our te 1.   

It's stupid to give up an upside te who flashed the off-season before for a conditional 7th when he'd probably beat James out for te. 

I'm also calling it #becauseJags but this seems like the kinda move that hurts u in the long run.