Bears make offer to buy Arlington Racecourse

malagabears

8 hours ago, HuskieBear said:

my only worry with bezos that he would become a haslam/snyder and jones to a lesser extent - gets maybe too involved and turns things over every 2-3 years if things aren't working out perfectly

if that's not gonna be the case, then yeah, bezos would be cool. he'd probably build a dope *** state of the art stadium and that, combined with the new halas hall reno would be enticing to FAs

You’d like to think he’d pay whatever it took to get the right football people in place to run things. At least we’d know that money would never be an issue. 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, HuskieBear said:

i understand he covers the entire league, but he was just reporting on what was going on in the meetings. the relocation talk is maybe only ramped up to 5%, and thats just because a potential site is for sale. calling him a moron for not knowing this tiny detail is just ignorant

Yeah because adding "from 6 years ago for new video boards" would've been quite the challenge initially

29 minutes ago, beardown3231 said:

Yeah because adding "from 6 years ago for new video boards" would've been quite the challenge initially

what are you talking about, "challenge initially"? are you referring to him not putting that in a tweet? because 1) character limit and 2) again, how was he supposed to know. he's not going to add every single detail from the meeting, his tweet was literally just bullet points. 

• Like 1

It would be cool for me personally if Bears moved to Arlington.

Like a 30 minute drive or 20 minute train ride.

I would actually go to some games.  Especially if they made some cool new state of art facility.

I am probably never going to Soldier Field again unless dragged.  Rather watch on TV any day.

• Like 4

8 hours ago, HuskieBear said:

what are you talking about, "challenge initially"? are you referring to him not putting that in a tweet? because 1) character limit and 2) again, how was he supposed to know. he's not going to add every single detail from the meeting, his tweet was literally just bullet points. 

How about a follow up:

"RE: Bears renovation- nothing new. Scoreboards from 2015." WOW how difficult

"How was he supposed to know?" Well I don't know. Maybe a senior NFL writer would KNOW details about NFL happenings

Edited by beardown3231

Or maybe you learn that it was a much ado about nothing in a forum like this one and you have your answer.

The idea that the media must be all knowing and inform us in exactly the way you expect is pretty ludicrous isn't it?

Never mind.  Don't answer that.  Of course it's ludicrous to 99.9% of us so feel free to be an exception.

I think when you tweet that the league is approving stadium renovations for 2 teams, specifically 2 large market teams including one where 75% fans hate the current stadium+ rumors have been swirling about a move in the next 10-15 years, you should have the facts right away. Don't come back in a few hours and clarify that you were referring to renovations that happened 6 years back. I guess when the big guns didn't say anything we should've assumed off of the bat that Breer was tweeting nonsense.

7 hours ago, beardown3231 said:

I think when you tweet that the league is approving stadium renovations for 2 teams, specifically 2 large market teams including one where 75% fans hate the current stadium+ rumors have been swirling about a move in the next 10-15 years, you should have the facts right away.

You think......ya see that's the whole problem here especially when you don't think. 

6 hours ago, soulman said:

You think......ya see that's the whole problem here especially when you don't think. 

Isn't every single post by every single one of us "what we think?" Sorry I expect more from a senior NFL analyst. I'll be sure to get your permission next time on forming opinions.

Truly I don't get why you are on a message board. Anyone who disagrees with you is immediately called out and it gets to the point where it aggravates you. I remember when I said I'd hope Jalen Reagor would be better than Curtis Samuel if the Bears used a high pick on him. That pissed you right off. I don't know what you thought would happen when you joined a message board, but this ain't it. 

Edited by beardown3231

2 hours ago, beardown3231 said:

Truly I don't get why you are on a message board. Anyone who disagrees with you is immediately called out and it gets to the point where it aggravates you. I remember when I said I'd hope Jalen Reagor would be better than Curtis Samuel if the Bears used a high pick on him. That pissed you right off. I don't know what you thought would happen when you joined a message board, but this ain't it. 

200.gif?cid=ecf05e47jfe5g9uurzuj0d29o25a

I don't know what you're taking about. @soulmanand I disagree all the time. And we get along just fine. 

No reason to go overboard on such stuff. And frankly, the fact that you did so confuses me even more. So--huh? What the what? 

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Heinz D. said:

200.gif?cid=ecf05e47jfe5g9uurzuj0d29o25a

I don't know what you're taking about. @soulmanand I disagree all the time. And we get along just fine. 

No reason to go overboard on such stuff. And frankly, the fact that you did so confuses me even more. So--huh? What the what? 

Huh is right.  Forums are designed to encourage debate between members.  You and I have disagreed over several things and dll2000 and I are pretty much on opposite sides of when Fields should start yet both of you among others are two of the best members we have.

This place would be pretty boring if someone posted an opinion in the opening thread/post and all the next 27 respondents did was post.....YUP.  But even a personal opinion ought to be backed by at least some logic and/or facts to justify that position.

The kid responded to a few of my previous posts so I thought I'd risk it and take him off ignore.  Obviously that was a wrong decision so back on ignore he goes.  Gotta keep the peace I guess and besides I despise whining.

Edited by soulman