Does This Team Need A Pass-Rushing DT?

Yes we do need a 3T, but we have 3 young 3T with potential (Hill, Gallimore, and Odiggity). Even when we are in 3-4 on run downs,  Tank will likely play one DE position,  Urban/Bohanna at NT, and then the above 3 all battling for the same position.  I'd rather find out if we have anything in what we have than bring in 33 year old coming off an injury Geno Atkins.

• Like 1
10 hours ago, SweetFancyMoses said:

Yes we do need a 3T, but we have 3 young 3T with potential (Hill, Gallimore, and Odiggity). Even when we are in 3-4 on run downs,  Tank will likely play one DE position,  Urban/Bohanna at NT, and then the above 3 all battling for the same position.  I'd rather find out if we have anything in what we have than bring in 33 year old coming off an injury Geno Atkins.

I lean toward this. But the huge question is will Urban live up to expectations.  Will Tank or Gregory perform in a 3-4 with some one on their  outside for a change.

Thus my question is more going in the most talented/experienced DL we have are : Tank, Gregory and Urban. So how are these three going to work with our top LB's:  Neal, Parsons, Smith  and LVE.       

This is why I am more then ready for preseason to see how they all line up, who has what responsibilities.  Which of the four LB's come out when they want to play one of Hill, Gallimore, Odiggity, Basham or Golsten our next up DL.   Will Bohanna actually see the field as Urban's replacement?

To finish off our D...

I do see that our safety group of Kazee, Kearse, Thompson and Wilson will be much better then what we had last year or even the year before.  

I am not as sold yet that our CB group of Diggs, Brown, Joseph, Lewis, Wright and Robinson will be good enough though they will be a improvement over last year which isn't really saying much.

6 hours ago, the lone star said:

I'd at least bring in Atkins, McCoy, and Kawann Short for workouts. 

Short would be more of a 1T, not that I'd be against giving him a look. I'd definitely take a look at Atkins, but I think the team is set with what it has now, barring injury. 

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
On 6/19/2021 at 2:49 PM, D82 said:

Short would be more of a 1T, not that I'd be against giving him a look. I'd definitely take a look at Atkins, but I think the team is set with what it has now, barring injury. 

Yeah, you're prolly right about that. 

On 7/5/2021 at 4:40 AM, the lone star said:

Hopefully someone emerges as a Pro Bowl type of talent. I'll keep my fingers crossed for it.

I think Gallimore will develop and impress and the young man from UCLA is going to be a keeper.  I'm not talking Aaron Donald here but I think we will be happy with these two.

14 hours ago, Northland said:

I think Gallimore will develop and impress and the young man from UCLA is going to be a keeper.  I'm not talking Aaron Donald here but I think we will be happy with these two.

I wish we still had Maliek Collins.

7 hours ago, the lone star said:

I wish we still had Maliek Collins.

Eh...while I liked Collins, I don't think he was as good as the contract he ended up receiving. 

• Like 1