Jump to content

Jaguars sign former Vikings 1st round WR Laquon Treadwell


Recommended Posts

https://www.jaguars.com/news/official-jaguars-sign-wr-laquon-treadwell

I give this Signing an even less chance of working out. Crazy how such a productive college player just couldn't find any way to produce anything at the NFL level.

With the Jaguars WR Corp being actually pretty good on paper, I doubt he'll make the final roster, but we'll see!

Link to post
Share on other sites

I was really happy when the Vikings drafted Treadwell.  The guy went on to do almost nothing in his career there.  That would be my guess for what he does in Jacksonville too, but you never know I guess.  Maybe finding the right home can turn him around and he can become at least a little productive.

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Forge said:

Big day for first round busts

Absolutely; heard JaMarcus got a call back for a second interview for the bagger position at Winn-Dixie in Mobile. Here's hoping he fumbles cantaloupes less often than footballs.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, cp0k2 said:

Absolutely; heard JaMarcus got a call back for a second interview for the bagger position at Winn-Dixie in Mobile. Here's hoping he fumbles cantaloupes less often than footballs.

Do you think he maintained his arm strength and can launch a watermelon from the produce section in to aisle 3?

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, TheKillerNacho said:

https://www.jaguars.com/news/official-jaguars-sign-wr-laquon-treadwell

I give this Signing an even less chance of working out. Crazy how such a productive college player just couldn't find any way to produce anything at the NFL level.

With the Jaguars WR Corp being actually pretty good on paper, I doubt he'll make the final roster, but we'll see!

It depends if they "convert him to a move te". 

We go 4 deep as natural wrs then u add guys like agnew and ettiene and I would put him behind our 2 rookie athletic projects

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/18/2021 at 6:54 PM, TheKillerNacho said:

https://www.jaguars.com/news/official-jaguars-sign-wr-laquon-treadwell

I give this Signing an even less chance of working out. Crazy how such a productive college player just couldn't find any way to produce anything at the NFL level.

With the Jaguars WR Corp being actually pretty good on paper, I doubt he'll make the final roster, but we'll see!

But he did produce...

drops

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/18/2021 at 8:31 PM, dtait93 said:

Do you think he maintained his arm strength and can launch a watermelon from the produce section in to aisle 3?

There's potential in this.  Could really take curbside pickup to a whole new level.

 

 

 

Anyway.  Treadwell is a baffling one for me, as to why he's never amounted to much of anything at all in the NFL.  Just seemed coming out of college, like there was so much to work with there.  But zilch in the NFL.  Guess i'll get a closer look at just why he hasn't been able to accomplish anything in the NFL, with the Jaguars now.  For however long he sticks around at least.  It's also not really the biggest receiving corps, so...maybe he'll be able to carve out a niche.  Though i'm not really expecting much.

Edited by Tugboat
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...