West Conference Finals: (4) Clippers vs. Suns (2)

TheRealMcCoy

Who is going to the Finals?  

8 members have voted

1. 1. The winner will be _____________ in ____ .....

• Clippers in 4
    • Clippers in 5
    • Clippers in 6
    • Clippers in 7
    • Suns in 4
    • Suns in 5
    • Suns in 6
    • Suns in 7

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 06/20/2021 at 08:30 PM

38 minutes ago, Leader said:

If you're PHX....beware momentum.

I think momentum is a thing, but more-so than that I think what Phoenix should be worried about more is rust that first game. They are by far gonna be the fresher team and while the 1 day of rest is brutal for the Clippers like I described above they may be in a better rhythm at least to start.

It’ll be a full 7 days rest they got. But, as one of the Suns fans in the replies mentioned they had 7 days off before game 1 against the Lakers and they handled business. Didn’t help AD played like a hoe that game, but I digress lol

15 minutes ago, agarcia34 said:

Think it’s foolish to over look the Clippers here. One thing they can’t do is go down 0-2 again. What they did against the Jazz is what they’re gonna do against the Suns so there shouldn’t be those two games where they’re trying to figure out rotations and game plans. Ayton is better offensively then Rudy but he’s not a world beater on offense so I expect the Clippers small ball to work really well. If Paul misses game 1 which I would expect I think it’s pretty much a must win game for the Clippers. 

Agreed. Not doubting them one bit after what they pulled off the last 2 games against Utah. I voted Suns in 7 which for me is a lot of respect. I believe in Lue though. Hopefully for their sake Paul George keeps playing this way. I am going to have to put a crap ton of respect on his name if he even gets to 6 games this series without the fun guy. But, yeah I also said in my other post getting one of those [first] games in Phoenix will be critical since one or both are gonna be when they are on a more even playing field with both having a top player out. Phoenix is a loud crowd to play in front of, but the Clippers have oddly been better on the road. They went 3-0 against Dallas on the road and 1-2 against Utah, but they really should’ve stole one of those first two if we are being honest. Phoenix held it down against us after Paul got hurt pretty earlu game 1 against us so I’m not expecting anything easy. Monty will have them ready though. If Phoenix does take the first two at home, then I could definitely see this ending sooner than 7. 

1 hour ago, RandyMossIsBoss said:

Suns in 4

This crap ain’t happening though. Even without Kawhi and Ibaka playing a single game I trust Lue to win at least one unlike Denver. Sorry RMIB. 😉

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

I think momentum is a thing, but more-so than that I think what Phoenix should be worried about more is rust that first game. They are by far gonna be the fresher team and while the 1 day of rest is brutal for the Clippers like I described above they may be in a better rhythm at least to start.

Much like Game 1 of UT/LAC.
The Clips came out hot - but ran out of gas in the 2nd half.
The Jazz came out rusty - won it in the 2nd half.
What was telling was how closely they won though.

Momentum vs physical/mental exhaustion vs emotion.....these are the Finals.

9 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

At this point, I think the Lakers' fans are rooting for the Hawks, Bucks, Sixers, Suns, Nets, and Clippers in that order.

Would be cool to see the Suns win. Everyone is sipping the Clippers kool-aide but they won't be able to expose Rudy/Boban this round. Ayton will punish them if they go small, Booker will score at will just like Donovan and Luka did, plus he has help with another All-Star guard in Paul and a big man that can score. Not to mention the Suns also have the defenders to switch so guys like Reggie and Mann won't feast on them. 

1 hour ago, CWood21 said:

At this point, I think the Lakers' fans are rooting for the Hawks, Bucks, Sixers, Suns, Nets, and Clippers in that order.

This would imply that at some point....say the end of the earth was pending....I might root for the Clippers....which isnt the case :)

It's one thing to win a best of 3 without Kawhi vs Utah, it's another to win a full best of 7 with no Kawhi. Suns in 5. Even if it's just a mild sprain for Kawhi that's at LEAST 2 weeks out which puts him out through game 5 of this series. I think he's just gonna be looking to a possible Finals return but that they won't get that far.