West Conference Finals: (4) Clippers vs. Suns (2)

TheRealMcCoy

Who is going to the Finals?  

8 members have voted

1. 1. The winner will be _____________ in ____ .....

• Clippers in 4
    • Clippers in 5
    • Clippers in 6
    • Clippers in 7
    • Suns in 4
    • Suns in 5
    • Suns in 6
    • Suns in 7

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 06/20/2021 at 08:30 PM

7 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Why has the Suns offense been significantly worse with CP3 back in the lineup? 

My take? His tendency is to slows the ball down too much. Tonight - in the first half - PHX got some nice transition flow to their game - some with CP3 on the floor - but in the overall, he tends to hold the ball too long (IMO) - is hesitant to take it to the rim and burns too much clock.

Booker and Payne tended to push the ball more - plus - both would / could take it to the rim from both sides.

21 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

Will you big market clowns stop this bull**** narrative. First he was gonna leave in free agency, he didn't. Now he's going to ask for a trade lmao. He's not going anywhere for the next 5 years. 

I'm sorry I can't be a Lakers, Packers, Cardinals, Sooners fan or a Lakers, Packers, Yankees fan like some here. 

The NBA fanbase is so ridiculous with big market fans constantly chasing small market stars to leave. It's so obnoxious, I'm thrilled to see loyal stars sticking with their teams like Giannis or Dame. Became 2 of my favorite players that way. 

Plus you guys have Jrue so go win it. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Leader said:

My take? His tendency is to slows the ball down too much. Tonight - in the first half - PHX got some nice transition flow to their game - some with CP3 on the floor - but in the overall, he tends to hold the ball too long (IMO) - is hesitant to take it to the rim and burns too much clock.

Booker and Payne tended to push the ball more - plus - both would / could take it to the rim from both sides.

I also think the Clippers size, length, and ability to switch defensively has given him a lot of problems. He has to hit tough mid-range shots off the bounce in order to score. 

4 minutes ago, Spartica4Real said:

The NBA fanbase is so ridiculous with big market fans constantly chasing small market stars to leave. It's so obnoxious, I'm thrilled to see loyal stars sticking with their teams like Giannis or Dame. Became 2 of my favorite players that way. 

Plus you guys have Jrue so go win it. 

Fortunately I think that we're starting to see somewhat of a shift this year. I think going forward it will be tougher for these super teams to be formed unless a big market team lands a superstar in the draft with how the cap works.

13 hours ago, NYRaider said:

Fortunately I think that we're starting to see somewhat of a shift this year. I think going forward it will be tougher for these super teams to be formed unless a big market team lands a superstar in the draft with how the cap works.

Nothing has changed since the last CBA that keeps superteams from forming.

4 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

Nothing has changed since the last CBA that keeps superteams from forming.

As I pointed out for a super team to form they basically have to be a big market team that has collected a few young good pieces and/or has a star there already. That's what happened in Brooklyn, Miami, Cleveland, Golden State, and for both of the LA teams. And I thought there were some changes to the CBA after Durant signed with GS?

Pretty crazy that we were getting blown out game 4, Kawhi came out of the game, we made a small run to cut the lead down which led Lue to bring Kawhi back in and that's when he got hurt. If he would've just sat him the rest of the 4th the Clippers probably would've coasted to a title. 

2 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

As I pointed out for a super team to form they basically have to be a big market team that has collected a few young good pieces and/or has a star there already. That's what happened in Brooklyn, Miami, Cleveland, Golden State, and for both of the LA teams. And I thought there were some changes to the CBA after Durant signed with GS?

The only reason why the Golden State Warriors superteam formed was because there was a giant spike in the salary cap ~$70M to ~$94.1M and the Warriors still had their trio (Steph Curry, Klay Thompson, and Draymond Green) making a combined $44.1M which was enough to fit a max contract.  Both Klay and Curry signed well-below market deals.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, CWood21 said:

The only reason why the Golden State Warriors superteam formed was because there was a giant spike in the salary cap ~$70M to ~$94.1M and the Warriors still had their trio (Steph Curry, Klay Thompson, and Draymond Green) making a combined $44.1M which was enough to fit a max contract.  Both Klay and Curry signed well-below market deals.

But at this point it's pretty difficult to fit 3 max contract players on a roster, unless 1/2 are already there or sign there in free agency, and the team has enough assets to trade for a third?

The only two teams that I could really see forming "super teams" relatively soon are the Mavericks or Celtics if they're able to pull off a trade for Lillard. Dallas, IIRC would still have cap space for a third max guy with Luka/Lillard there or could sign two max guys next off-season if they dump KP. And the Celtics could be a super team if they trade for Dame without giving up Brown or trade for Dame while moving Brown then sign a max guy next summer.