Ronald Koeman Sacked at Everton

LeeEvans

A shocking sacking that no one would have seen coming into the season. They're 18th in the table and spent £140m in the summer while not even attempting to replace Lukaku. I'm not a huge fan of Koeman but things looked quite good last season and this year has been a disaster. 

Just now, texans_uk said:

Ridiculous sacking.

9 games in.

Who is legitimately available to replace him?

Extremely short sighted.

I was shocked by it as well. I don't know how you give someone that amount of money to someone a couple months ago and sack him. Everton look pretty dire but they clearly believed in him after last season and supported him in the summer and to pull the plug this early is puzzling. 

14 minutes ago, texans_uk said:

Ridiculous sacking.

9 games in.

Who is legitimately available to replace him?

Extremely short sighted.

I don't think it's ridiculous at all. They're 18th. I get that you need time but it's not like they've just been underperforming, they looked looked gosh awful. Lukaku pretty much carried that team last year. 

Theyre not even competitive. Their style of play is poor for the players they have. De Boer was ridiculous. Shakespeare arguably. 

1 minute ago, Kip Smithers said:

I don't think it's ridiculous at all. They're 18th. I get that you need time but it's not like they've just been underperforming, they looked looked gosh awful. Lukaku pretty much carried that team last year. 

Theyre not even competitive. Their style of play is poor for the players they have. De Boer was ridiculous. Shakespeare arguably. 

I get that, but doesn't change the fact that it's 9 games in.

Who are they realistically going to get in that will be an improvement?

Not replacing Lukaku and squandering £45m on Siggy were his downfalls.

4 minutes ago, texans_uk said:

I'll say this, I think that Everton could get something going back to some basics. Koeman was a little crazy with his formations towards the end of last season and this season. Maybe just a back four and leave some of these 10s out of the lineup, trying to jam them all into the lineup has just made them so disjointed and they haven't even really show glimpses of clicking. 

I am meh about this firing. I feel like their squad is really disjointed and I'm not sure how much say Koeman has on transfers. I am certain there is a lot of pressure internally at Everton to continue their progress and finish in the Top 7 again so that they can make it into the Europa League. This is brutal form for a squad of their quality and at this pace, they are more likely to finish in the bottom half of the table. However, I feel like Everton did not do a good job replacing Lukaku. Rooney, Sigurdsson and Klassen are all attacking midfielders more than strikers. Sandro did have a decent year at Malaga last season but he is a young player that has not proven he can be a Europa league level striker. I am not sure what a new manager can do really. Niasse although has scored under Koeman was still sub par at Hull on loan. Maybe the next manager can bring Mirallas back in the team. I don't follow Everton too much so I'm not sure why he got froze out. I really do not see who they can bring in to really change the squad considering Everton seems to want to play an attractive style of football. Thomas Tuchel maybe? Although I feel like he might try to wait out Klopp, Wenger and Conte to get a better job

15 minutes ago, dotmotion said:

I am meh about this firing. I feel like their squad is really disjointed and I'm not sure how much say Koeman has on transfers. I am certain there is a lot of pressure internally at Everton to continue their progress and finish in the Top 7 again so that they can make it into the Europa League. This is brutal form for a squad of their quality and at this pace, they are more likely to finish in the bottom half of the table. However, I feel like Everton did not do a good job replacing Lukaku. Rooney, Sigurdsson and Klassen are all attacking midfielders more than strikers. Sandro did have a decent year at Malaga last season but he is a young player that has not proven he can be a Europa league level striker. I am not sure what a new manager can do really. Niasse although has scored under Koeman was still sub par at Hull on loan. Maybe the next manager can bring Mirallas back in the team. I don't follow Everton too much so I'm not sure why he got froze out. I really do not see who they can bring in to really change the squad considering Everton seems to want to play an attractive style of football. Thomas Tuchel maybe? Although I feel like he might try to wait out Klopp, Wenger and Conte to get a better job

I think this is a big part of it. They really need a true forward up top. I like Calvert-Lewin but he's not ready to lead the line and they can't really do anything until the winter window opens. As I said earlier in this thread I think simplifying the formation and just try and gain some defensive solidity would be my first priority. Going forward is going to be a much tougher task since they just have such an unbalanced squad. 

7 hours ago, texans_uk said:

Well they can't do an worse with who they bring in. I think last season they weren't as good as their position given how after the top 6 there was a huge drop off. 

9 games does seem like a short leash but I didn't see how they would turn it around. It's a real disjointed team with no identity and that falls on him. With the players he had there is no way they should be losing 5-2 at home to Chelsea. Would I have sacked him, probably not but I completely get why they did 

Dyche is the favourite and then there’s a few other interesting shouts.

Ancelotti is available. Would he go to Everton? Probably not, but they have the money and the represent an interesting challenge. He’s be smart to wait for the Milan job to come up.

Tuchel is an interesting choice and is available now.

Everton are a bigger club than people think and have a lot of cash to spend further to the recent takeover. They’ll be going all out to make a splash with their next appointment. It’s also indirectly screwed Leicester’s manager search. If you’d rather go there than Everton then I don’t know what to tell you.

Archived