What were/are some of your favorite NFL centers?

TecmoSuperJoe

easy answer is Rodney Hudson, but I would say Samson Satele was pretty solid and unheralded

from around the league ima go with an underdog like AQ Shipley who kept bouncing around and kept winning starting jobs where he wasnt supposed to

Edited by Turnobili

51 minutes ago, Turnobili said:

easy answer is Rodney Hudson, but I would say Samson Satele was pretty solid and unheralded

from around the league ima go with an underdog like AQ Shipley who kept bouncing around and kept winning starting jobs where he wasnt supposed to

He was 💩 with the Colts.

A lot of names that I liked through out the league mentioned already, but for me it's Olin Kruetz and I'm a little surprised he hasn't been mentioned yet. Besides his play one of the more memorable of his incidents is his fight with fellow teammate Fred Miller.

After breaking teammate Fred Miller’s jaw in response to Miller gashing his head with a 10-pound weight used as a weapon

26 minutes ago, blkwdw13 said:

A lot of names that I liked through out the league mentioned already, but for me it's Olin Kruetz and I'm a little surprised he hasn't been mentioned yet. Besides his play one of the more memorable of his incidents is his fight with fellow teammate Fred Miller.

Can't remember where I heard it from, but apparently Olin Kruetz ran that locker room like it was an episode of Oz, and wasn't afraid to essentially imposing his will on other people. Especially new folks that had to "earn their keep". 

• Like 1

On 6/20/2021 at 4:54 PM, Awsi Dooger said:

Dwight Stephenson was unfair. Incredible agility along with leverage and strength for his size. I'm not sure most younger fans have any idea how dominant he was.

The infamous undefeated '85 Bears vs Dolphins game on Monday Night Football was hilarious. Dwight was easily throwing around massive NT Fridge Perry like he was a lil' ice cooler rag doll and Miami did whatever they wanted against the vaunted 46 defense, ringing up 38 pts in a blowout. Bears got dominated and Dwight was a major factor in that. Marino was the only '85 QB to actually have time to throw vs Chicago, the other teams gave up like 99 sacks per game with the 1st- and 2nd-string QB often suffering concussions and wondering why Joe Theismann's leg wasn't yet broken which was weird because it was the Giants that snapped his leg not the Bears but you already knew that.

Dwight's heinous knee injury 2 yrs later was so awful. Like the level of Gale Sayers, where you knew Hall of Fame magic was happening then suddenly curtailed by injury. So many promising NFL careers unfortunately took this path, the nature of the beast. 

The Packers have had some good/great centers over the last few decades. James Campen, Frank Winters, Mike Flanagan, Scott Wells, Corey Linsley and hopefully 2021s 2nd round draft pick Josh Myers continues that trend. 

You could even add in we had HOF C Jeff Saturday for one year aswell lol.

It’s hard to have a favorite center since they’re all devoid of personality to me. So the question kinda becomes who is the best center really. But my two fav centers were probably Olin Kreutz obviously since km a bears fan and he was like a shot caller on offense despite just being a center and Jeff Saturday. Dude kinda leveled out egomaniac Peyton Manning and was an OC by himself 

As a kid and a huge Bengals fan, I hated the Steelers, but I could never hate Dermonti Dawson.  The man was just an unreal center that I modeled my game after as a high school offensive lineman.

Other ones I liked were hometown boy Nick Mangold, Rich Brahm. Kevin Mawae, Matt Birk, and Jeff Saturday