• Bucks in 5
    • Bucks in 6
    • Bucks in 7
    • Hawks in 4
    • Hawks in 5
    • Hawks in 6
    • Hawks in 7

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 06/24/2021 at 12:00 AM

2 minutes ago, kyle21121 said:

I am probably misremembering that but I felt we were 3-0 I’ll trust you. Klay was going off but left when the warriors were only up like 4 late 3rd? Not sure how people automatically count that as a warriors win Or something like that. We definitely won 2 games where Klay played the entire game regardless. That Raptors team was way better than given credit for. 

With KD down 3-1 or with KD for the whole series? I feel we could have won a game up 3-1 with KD playing out that series then the title is looked at a bit different but the way people were talking it was like well the bucks would win without KD but Toronto is still not gonna win. 

Sure if KD was healthy the entire series that’s different but no one expected him to even play more than likely and that didn’t matter the warriors were gonna win anyways and then to blame it all on Klay. 

I'm talking about if KD was healthy for the entire series.

No, Klay definitely played till the end of game 5. Him and Steph hit big shots to win that game after Kawhi went off for a stretch.

I never said it was a forgone conclusion the Warriors win game 6 with Klay, but they damn sure would have had a much better shot with him in the game instead of Steph getting tripled teamed at half court, that's for sure. When Klay got hurt in the 3rd quarter, Warriors were up 5 and he was going off. It looked like the Warriors were going to put a nice run there before the end of the quarter and then boom! He gets hurt and after that they just didn't have enough against that defense. But even then, they would have had to win game 7 on the road and that would have been tough.

Either way, moral of the story is when Steph/Klay/Dray play, they are damn hard to beat. Can't wait for next season!

3 minutes ago, kyle21121 said:

Game 1 Klay was fully healthy and the warriors lost 

Game 2 Klay went out late and the warriors won

Game 3 was the game without Klay? Warriors got killed

or it was game 4 

Game 5 KD is back 

Bringing up Klay leaving in the 4th quarter when the team was up 7 proves what exactly? Like why are you even throwing those qualifications of the Raptors being 3-0 in games Klay finished the game? That's weird lol. 

With Klay that series is 2-2 and the other game the Warriors were up when he left. Doesn't mean they win the series if he is healthy all the way, but let's have some perspective please! 

1 minute ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Bringing up Klay leaving in the 4th quarter when the team was up 7 proves what exactly? Like why are you even throwing those qualifications of the Raptors being 3-0 in games Klay finished the game? That's weird lol. 

With Klay that series is 2-2 and the other game the Warriors were up when he left. Doesn't mean they win the series if he is healthy all the way, but let's have some perspective please! 

I guess it is weird but it’s mainly the sole importance of Klay I was going for. I get what you are saying and I never said you in particular. That game without Klay they definitely packed it in but the Raptors played way better and won a lot of the minutes with Klay sure things could have changed but it’s people talking like it’s an absolute joke and Toronto has no chance. 

The fact it’s more like yea the warriors could have won if Klay played instead of the warriors run the Raptors off the floor with Klay. I’ll give you the warriors could have won that series with Klay but not this absolutely joke filled asterisk in favour for Toronto. 

I think Toronto still wins that series if Klay was healthy throughout and you can add what you want but you definitely can’t say that’s not a possibility. You can’t say the warriors definitely win with Klay healthy all the way through. You know that’s not true. 

It’s the entire diminishing of the accomplishment that gets me. The well the Warriors were up 5 and looked like they’d go on a run with Klay healthy and a 5 point lead with the idea that a run seemed possible meant GS definitely still wins that game? That also kinda pisses me off writing that game off and calling it a guaranteed warriors win. The Raptors down 5 late 3rd was an such an impossible deficit to overcome. 

51 minutes ago, kyle21121 said:

I think Toronto still wins that series if Klay was healthy throughout and you can add what you want but you definitely can’t say that’s not a possibility. You can’t say the warriors definitely win with Klay healthy all the way through. You know that’s not true. 

Except I never said otherwise? I literally said with Klay that was an even series. Never said it is a lock they win with him. With KD playing and staying healthy from game 1 on? Yeah, then sorry you guys don't stand much of a chance. 

6 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Except I never said otherwise? I literally said with Klay that was an even series. Never said it is a lock they win with him. With KD playing and staying healthy from game 1 on? Yeah, then sorry you guys don't stand much of a chance. 

I wasn’t referring to just you and initiated this as more a general sentiment of what people thought I never specified you. I know what you said and I remember how you felt when it happened more or less. 

KD playing game 1 on is a different story one I prefer not to bring up haha. That isn’t where I was going with this. I said if KD was healthy from the point he was down 3-1 that Toronto could have won that series with such an advantage and not gotten knocked as much as people seem to knock. 

The general sentiment was the Warriors were going to kill Toronto even if KD didn’t play by a lot maybe not everyone but that’s what it was. Those same people also get to say that well if Klay doesn’t get hurt the warriors run away with it still when that was certainly not the case. 

18 minutes ago, kyle21121 said:

I wasn’t referring to just you and initiated this as more a general sentiment of what people thought I never specified you. I know what you said and I remember how you felt when it happened more or less. 

KD playing game 1 on is a different story one I prefer not to bring up haha. That isn’t where I was going with this. I said if KD was healthy from the point he was down 3-1 that Toronto could have won that series with such an advantage and not gotten knocked as much as people seem to knock. 

The general sentiment was the Warriors were going to kill Toronto even if KD didn’t play by a lot maybe not everyone but that’s what it was. Those same people also get to say that well if Klay doesn’t get hurt the warriors run away with it still when that was certainly not the case. 

Got it, but I don't know why people would think the Warriors would have killed the Raptors without KD. I was one of the few who picked Toronto over Milwaukee and knew it was going to be tough without KD. I may have picked Toronto if KD wasn't going to play, I don't remember. But I think the consensus was that KD would return at some point in the series. 

8 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Got it, but I don't know why people would think the Warriors would have killed the Raptors without KD. I was one of the few who picked Toronto over Milwaukee and knew it was going to be tough without KD. I may have picked Toronto if KD wasn't going to play, I don't remember. But I think the consensus was that KD would return at some point in the series. 

I don’t have the best memory I feel it was more of a KD might be back and he might not be and some people felt sure of it and others didn’t and the whole KD playing the whole series argument is a whole different thing that I really can’t even argue. I think I even said at the beginning of the playoffs I felt we’d win the east and lose to the warriors in 6. 

It’s the people who were like GS is gonna kill Toronto even if KD doesn’t play at any point still feel they were right and can say well it’s Klay and that is an asterisk that I have a problem with. 

My recollection was while waiting for the ECF to conclude many people felt it was the Bucks who had the better shot and they could beat GS if KD didn’t play but not Toronto. 

1 hour ago, NYRaider said:

Doesn't the winner of game 5 usually win the series like 85% of the time when it's tied 2-2? Big game for both teams, is Trae playing?

As of last year, it was 84 percent, so it's probably that close.   

Re: Trae, no official word, but I know which way I'm leaning....

1 hour ago, Broncofan said:

As of last year, it was 84 percent, so it's probably that close.   

Re: Trae, no official word, but I know which way I'm leaning....

i looked at the twitter specifically for this, and that dude posts that way too much. Like a lot. He may play but dont read into it too much.