• Bucks in 5
    • Bucks in 6
    • Bucks in 7
    • Hawks in 4
    • Hawks in 5
    • Hawks in 6
    • Hawks in 7

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 06/24/2021 at 12:00 AM

3 minutes ago, Broncofan said:

There's NO way you let Capela drop buckets, you hack the **** out of him, and make him earn it.  Those last 3 buckets he scored, I doubt Knicks or 76ers would have let happen.

Frankly, I'm not impressed by MKE's interior defense. Underperformers IMO.

6 minutes ago, Broncofan said:

Yeah, I hammered ATL +8.5 pre-game, and I took a dive on the ML, too.   Great result.

Honestly, ATL is freerolling.   MIL is the better team on paper - but their halfcourt O weaknesses really came back and bit them hard.    If Middleton / Holiday / Connaughton / Forbes aren't sinking the 3's, they've got major issues.  

On the flip side, I can't believe the Bucks let Capela score uncontested on his last 3 buckets.  You foul hard, and make him make the FT's.     

All in all, the Bucks have clear issues that can be fixed (hack-a-Capela, get the ball out of Trae's hands sooner).  But at the same time, Trae was ice cold in the 2H shooting, and no one on ATL really heated up, either.  Now, McMillan is going to draw up a better plan for when Trae gets doubled than tonight, but tonight, it was enough.     Capela / Collins were monsters inside, and the Hawks found a matchup in the 1H they can exploit more this series (Gallinari posting up the Bucks G/3 when Tucker goes out against Trae).   So this is a much closer matchup than the initial oddsmakers put this one at.

Series on.

Bogie being hurt really is a bummer because he would be able to take the load off of Young when he is cold. But something everyone has kept ignoring is the Hawks have played two top level defenses and were able to win when their offense wasn't great. This isn't just a one dimensional team. They play very sound defense and that gives them a shot in most of the games. You are not stopping Giannis but Capela can at least compete with him at the rim and contest his shots. This isn't Blake Griffin that Giannis is going up against.

The Bucks are going to play Giannis more at the five so I'm curious to see how McMillan adjusts. You flash Collins in the middle and it's going to be a bucket or the Hawks getting a good shot. Capela will be able to crash the boards and give the Hawks extra possessions. And the Hawks won't need to take anyone out to counter the Bucks going small. 

If the Bucks run more Jrue/Giannis P&R, Collins is going to start helping more on the roll and Tucker is going to get a lot of open looks. He's going to have to hit them or else the Bucks are in trouble.

McMillan>>>

11 minutes ago, Leader said:

Frankly, I'm not impressed by MKE's interior defense. Underperformers IMO.

Yeah, once they had Giannis high, it let Collins/Capela feast.   

Now, the Bucks can make Capela earn it at the line - but imagine if ATL goes 38-40 percent from 3's....then the Bucks have a massive problem.   Of course the Bucks can play better themselves, and deserve to be the favourite on paper...but the coaching, the momentum, and some of the matchup problems, I think this is a guaranteed 6-game series minimum, and Vegas likely will revisit game 2 to a 4-5 pt edge for MIL (for which I'll still be on ATL lol).

Edited by Broncofan

2 minutes ago, GSUeagles14 said:

I think i got the Atlanta ML at +240(?). Quick look for game 2 and theyre +280. Gonna take a stab at that now too.

I bet it live, wanted to see how the matchups played out.   Can't complain at all.   I'm definitely going to be on ATL spread game 2....and ML game 3 as a likely home dog.

8 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Bogie being hurt really is a bummer because he would be able to take the load off of Young when he is cold. But something everyone has kept ignoring is the Hawks have played two top level defenses and were able to win when their offense wasn't great. This isn't just a one dimensional team. They play very sound defense and that gives them a shot in most of the games. You are not stopping Giannis but Capela can at least compete with him at the rim and contest his shots. This isn't Blake Griffin that Giannis is going up against.

The Bucks are going to play Giannis more at the five so I'm curious to see how McMillan adjusts. You flash Collins in the middle and it's going to be a bucket or the Hawks getting a good shot. Capela will be able to crash the boards and give the Hawks extra possessions. And the Hawks won't need to take anyone out to counter the Bucks going small. 

If the Bucks run more Jrue/Giannis P&R, Collins is going to start helping more on the roll and Tucker is going to get a lot of open looks. He's going to have to hit them or else the Bucks are in trouble.

McMillan>>>

My only qualm with McMillan so far is his love for using Solomon Hill for more than D.   The Bucks' brain cramp to let him dunk aside, he's a huge liability on O.  Now, they need him to take a few hard fouls, and give Giannis some pace / work for 5-8 minutes, and let Huerter rest, I get that.  But that's where Hunter/Reddish would help ATL so much more (and to be realistic, that area of team depth is going to get them killed vs. a complete team like PHX).   Otherwise, I love everything that McMillan's done at key moments - letting Sweet Lou & Trae play together in game 5 vs. PHI, and getting Huerter to replace Hill in the starting lineup were key moves with the PHI series.   He just pulled a repeat tonight. 

But against MIL, ATL's team construction really works - so long as someone can make them pay from 3, and crash the boards when Giannis plays the 5.   That's exactly what they did inside - but didn't capitalize from 3's, and Trae's shot selection in the 4Q was brutally bad.  It's what makes tonight's victory such a gift for the Hawks.   They didn't play even close to a perfect game - but it was good enough.  Now, MIL has a lot of areas to improve that they can definitely legitimately project to happen...but this isn't Memphis game 1 vs. Utah.   

Like I said...I'll take ATL +5 or better game 2...and I'll be on them for the ML game 3 as a home dog.   Series on.

Edited by Broncofan
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Broncofan said:

Yeah, once they had Giannis high, it let Collins/Capela feast.

Oh see....I wasnt actually watching the game till very late. Was watching baseball and scoreboard watching. So they had Giannis away from the paint? I didnt know that - but - my comment (or opinion....) stands regards their overall defensive......want to.

6 minutes ago, Broncofan said:

Now, the Bucks can make Capela earn it at the line - but imagine if ATL goes 38-40 percent from 3's....then the Bucks got a massive problem.

Right. ATL shot 25% on 3's and still won.

One game at a time is really all there is to it. Bud waiting too long to adjust. Game 2 will be entirely different as will the rest of the series. 

This game is on Bud and Midds. Nothing more to say really. Oh and really soft *** calls on Trae in the 4th but it's the NBA and that bull**** is to be expected. 

1 minute ago, beekay414 said:

Remember how many of your teams are sitting at home right now before speaking your bull****. Save us all time. 

We were hurt and lost to a team with superstars. Y'all are healthy letting Trae drop 50 balls on your dome.