• Bucks in 5
    • Bucks in 6
    • Bucks in 7
    • Hawks in 4
    • Hawks in 5
    • Hawks in 6
    • Hawks in 7

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 06/24/2021 at 12:00 AM

7 hours ago, beekay414 said:

We'll win the series, that's all I care about. Can't have the "Bucks in 6" mantra if they don't drop 2 games. If we lose, we lose. Means we get a HoF coach in Carlisle and a fresh start matching what he wants. We don't play aesthetically pleasing basketball under Bud but yet we're here. Just tells me that we'd be so much better and so much more a force with a coach that knows what he's doing. 

If Bud wakes up and realizes what he needs to adjust, we'll win in 5/6. If not, they'll take us down in 6 on their home court. Don't think this goes 7 either way.

Bud adjusted and the team was just outplayed late in the 4th quarter. It happens but going small means you are going to be giving up a bunch of offensive rebounds. This is why Trae needs to continue attacking Giannis regardless of how good of a defender Giannis is. It takes Giannis out of the paint and he can't rebound and then you have Tucker/Middleton/etc trying to box out Capela/Collins. Big advantage for the Hawks. You can try to trap Trae instead when you go small and make someone else create and that may not be a bad plan since Bogie is their second best shot creator and he can hardly move out there. I'm trapping Trae all day if Hill is in the game. That is the one adjustment that can be made. Switching out with Giannis at 5 holds Trae more in check but gives the bigs a chance to eat. 

Offensively, just need a heavy dose of Jrue/Giannis P&R. Make Collins shade down to help on the roll giving Tucker wide open looks from the corner. What I didn't get a few times was when they ran that pick and roll, Tucker was crashing inside which makes no sense. Granted, it didn't make any difference but he needs to stand his a$$ in the corner. 

Jrue may not have as good of a game 2, but Middleton should be better. I said it from the start, but it's going to come down to how well ATL defends the three or just how much Milwaukee converts on their open 3s. If Milwaukee continues to shoot what they have thus far in the playoffs, then they aren't running away with this. It's going to be a DOG fight until the end. 

If Bogie somehow can get healthier, that will add another dimension to the Hawks offense and put a little less pressure on Trae. I wonder if game 2 McMillan finds some minutes for Reddish? 

6 hours ago, stl4life07 said:

The Bucks caught one of the biggest breaks in NBA history. Its up there with the Rockets winning back to back titles when Jordan retired for two seasons when he was with the Bulls

The 1995 Bulls were just not good enough. You might have a point about 1994, but the Bulls weren't winning a thing in 1995. They went up against a better team in Orlando and just lost. Plain and simple.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, NYRaider said:

Also what's the deal with Middleton @beekay414 some games he's unstoppable and other games he looks horrible. 

Middleton can't create for himself and takes a ton of contested shots. So when he's on, he's unstoppable, but a lot of times those are simply tough shots and he looks terrible.

37 minutes ago, seminoles1 said:

The 1995 Bulls were just not good enough. You might have a point about 1994, but the Bulls weren't winning a thing in 1995. They went up against a better team in Orlando and just lost. Plain and simple.

Yeah, they lost Grant and didn't sign Rodman until a year later. 

@stl4life07we get it, the Nets would have dominated everyone if they stayed healthy...Heck, even with relative health they likely make short work of everyone...But guess what? That didn't happen. You have to get over it and move on. 

Edited by J-ALL-DAY
  • Like 2

18 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Yeah, they lost Grant and didn't sign Rodman until a year later. 

@stl4life07we get it, the Nets would have dominated everyone if they stayed healthy...Heck, even with relative health they likely make short work of everyone...But guess what? That didn't happen. You have to get over it and move on. 

I am over it. I’m just saying the Bucks didn’t play a super team because two of the three players was badly hurt. Had the Bucks beat a healthy Nets team then I can get behind the statement that the Bucks beat a super team. 

On 6/21/2021 at 10:30 AM, agarcia34 said:

This is the worst possible match for an ECF the NBA could have hoped for. Does it have some decent story lines sure, but this series sucks plain and simple from an entertainment view. Only way this get entertaining is cause Bud goes feel dumb *** mode and messes it up. 

If your a Bucks fan this is the ideal matchup should be loving it and can’t hate on that. This is just the 19 WCF all over again. 

Still think this?

11 minutes ago, stl4life07 said:

I am over it. I’m just saying the Bucks didn’t play a super team because two of the three players was badly hurt. Had the Bucks beat a healthy Nets team then I can get behind the statement that the Bucks beat a super team. 

Of course, anyone saying the Bucks took down some super team is being completely dishonest. But you have brought up the Nets being hurt like 10 times since Saturday lol.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Bullet Club said:

Still think this?

Didn’t watch it till mid way through the 4th qtr. this series doesn’t do it for me unless I have money on it which I didn’t in game 1. Was watching the Lighting/Islanders game instead. 

42 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Don't bite on the big line for tonight's game @Broncofan. Game starts out competitive but Bucks eventually pull away. 

I’m not touching the ML.   But I’ll take a small bite of the +8.5.   Hack-a-Giannis and Bud always leaves a back door cover open lol.  

Also the Trae/Steph comparisons need to stop, he's much closer to a smaller Harden than Curry. 

In Harden's first year as a starter in Houston he averaged 26 points, 5 rebounds, 6 assists on 43% FG, 36% 3FG, 85% FT and he was playing at the two guard spot. He was also great at getting to the line averaging 10 FTA per game.

Trae Young this season averaged 25 points, 4 rebounds, 9 assists on 43% FG, 34% 3FG, 89% FT and always had the ball in his hands as the PG. He was also great at getting to the line averaging 9 FTA per game. 

• Like 1