Ben Simmons officially asks to be traded

NYRaider

Should they trade Ben Simmons  

40 members have voted

1. 1. Trade him?

• Yes
    • No

8 hours ago, Kip Smithers said:

There has to be more to this situation on Philly’s end that we don’t know about. I really doubt it’s just a case of hurt feelings from how that series vs Atalanta ended. 

I mean Philadelphia has done everything in their power to piss him off. Doc Rivers/Embiid calling him out publicly immediately after they lost the series, the team actively shopping him throughout the off-season, and even the news showing a video of a garbage can floating in a flood saying "Ben Simmons making his exit out of Philly." 

It was no secret during the off-season that the 76ers were trying to trade Ben and were actively engaged in talks with multiple teams to move him. Their asking price was too high so a deal never happened and now they're surprised that he doesn't want to play.

• 4 weeks later...
On 11/20/2021 at 6:02 AM, NYRaider said:

Luka and Ben together would be a weird fit, imo.

Agreed. I'd rather the Mavs go after Kevin Love than Ben Simmons.

But I do think the Mavs would empower Ben to shoot some more 3s since he wouldn't be a primary ballhandler/playmaker next to Luka. It's something to consider, but pass. Mavs should get a tough rebounding big instead, and ideally, more 3 point shooters on the wing. Oh, and they need another ISO player, but those are hard to come by.

• 3 weeks later...
51 minutes ago, agarcia34 said:

Hard to feel bad for Portland with them not wanting to trade Dame. If I’m the Sixers why would I want CJ? Seth does everything that CJ does. Don’t think the Sixers are better with CJ. 

CJ McCollum has averaged 21-23 for 6 consecutive seasons. In 37 games without Dame playing CJ has averaged 27/6 as the Blazers PG. 

3 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

CJ McCollum has averaged 21-23 for 6 consecutive seasons. In 37 games without Dame playing CJ has averaged 27/6 as the Blazers PG. 

I get that and I’m not saying he’s a bad player but he isn’t that much of an upgrade over Seth and what you’re getting from him and gonna take that 30 plus million contract I rather not. Sixers are smarter then that. 

2 minutes ago, agarcia34 said:

I get that and I’m not saying he’s a bad player but he isn’t that much of an upgrade over Seth and what you’re getting from him and gonna take that 30 plus million contract I rather not. Sixers are smarter then that. 

CJ has a 6 year sample size of being one of the best scoring guards in the league. And his game is redundant playing with Dame, think he'd produce at a much higher clip with the ball in his hands. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...