NYRaider

Should they trade Ben Simmons  

40 members have voted

1. 1. Trade him?

• Yes
    • No

6 hours ago, RandyMossIsBoss said:

Pain.: sixers

With his latest shenanigans, I think Simmons fanboys have officially reached 0. 

He's such a disappointment. He has best player in the NBA potential. Instead he's a massive postseason liability, and one of the most sensitive, insecure players in the NBA. It's pathetic.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, NYRaider said:

Philadelphia wants players that can help them win now. 

Idk why They’re not contenders. Your not beating the nets with Embiid and some guys. And i doubt your getting a Simmons level player back for him so get the picks and some young players with upside 

I think the right coach could easily workaround Simmons faults better than the sizers have. OKCs new coach would use him perfectly I bet. 

I think the issue and why his value isn’t that high is that he’s not a guy that encourages other guys to work. But a change in environment could change everything. The 76ers have been a mess since Simmons got there.

2 hours ago, Bullet Club said:

He's such a disappointment. He has best player in the NBA potential. Instead he's a massive postseason liability, and one of the most sensitive, insecure players in the NBA. It's pathetic.

Before this season was he considered a postseason liability though? 

1 minute ago, NYRaider said:

A team like Minnesota or Sacramento giving up 1 young player and a few random pieces for salary matching purposes is worth Ben Simmons. 

For sure, because contending isn't their goal. Making the playoffs for a few years would make them both ecstatic. For a team trying to win a title Simmons is a death sentence.

13 minutes ago, Bullet Club said:

For sure, because contending isn't their goal. Making the playoffs for a few years would make them both ecstatic. For a team trying to win a title Simmons is a death sentence.

If GSW get Ben Simmons for Kuminga/Moody/Draymon or variation of that, they will be in title contention.

1 minute ago, Bullet Club said:

And then lose

Lakers- No CLUE how the new team will fit together, but yes, they would lose the LAL.

Clippers- No Kawhi. 

Nuggets- No idea Murray's time table and still need a jump from MPJ

Suns- See them taking a step back. Benefitted from injuries in the playoff to Kawhi and AD. 

Mavericks- No

Jazz- Did not get any better this offseason.

Get Ben Simmons and become 2nd best team in the West. Worth it. 

1 minute ago, Bullet Club said:

I actually like a potential big 3 of Russell/Simmons/KAT as a starting point. KAT/DLo are great shooters but struggle defensively, Simmons would help cover up a lot of that and they'd have the proper spacing around him offensively. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

I actually like a potential big 3 of Russell/Simmons/KAT as a starting point. KAT/DLo are great shooters but struggle defensively, Simmons would help cover up a lot of that and they'd have the proper spacing around him offensively. 

Agreed.  And someone like Ben coming in and playing defense may inspire the others to.  He will at least hold them a little more accountable than they have been.  KAT has never had another star player that is a defensive stopper play with him.  He has the athletic ability to be a good defender, he just doesn't try.  I think ben could lift Minny more than people think.  I still don't think D Russ is a title contending PG/SG but he could turn into a Booker type player with Ben around. 

44 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Ben Simmons FT% last 3 postseasons: 53%

Giannis FT% last 3 postseasons: 60%

If KD's toe was on the line the narrative for Giannis would be so crazily different.  Ben is still just 25 and has time to write his story.  Like they said Brook Lopez made 5 3 pointers his first 7 years, and has hit 660 since.  Players can grow and develop a shot.  He needs the right coaching and effort put in.  I think he will come out super determined this year to show Philly what they are missing out on.  He will never be Lebron, but he can be a better version of Draymond which can be a key member on a championship team.