Ben Simmons officially asks to be traded

NYRaider

Should they trade Ben Simmons  

40 members have voted

1. 1. Trade him?

• Yes
    • No

3 hours ago, BStanRamFan said:

Jazz didn't do anything substantial to improve their team. That's why Ingles and Bogdonavic were on the trade block and no one bit. Mitchell will progress, but Conley is teetering towards the decline. Rudy Gay and Hassan Whiteside do nothing to move the needle in the West. Objectively, the Jazz are still just the Jazz. Will perform well in the regular season and then go as far as Mitchell can carry them.

Klay is projected to be back by Christmas I believe. If they can tread water and go .500 for 7 weeks, they will be fine.

No I don't think they work well together, Draymon has to go. Which shouldn't be hard considering he just roasted Kerr and Bob Myers on his podcast a week ago 

The Jazz never had Ingles or Bojan on the trade block, that information was coming from teams that were interested in trading for them. Mitchell averaged like 35 ppg in the playoffs last season playing on a bad ankle. And Conley is declining yet was an All-Star for the first time in his career last season? Replacing Georges Niang with Rudy Gay will be a huge upgrade for us, our biggest issue last season was that we lacked versatility and could only play one way. Which is why the team struggled whenever Rudy was off of the floor. Adding guys like Rudy Gay and Eric Paschall will allow us to play small ball if we need too and Jared Butler should be able to give us enough minutes in the regular season to help load manage Conley. I don't think Whiteside is a massive addition but he's an upgrade over Favors and still one of the best rim protectors in the league so he can play that role for the 12-14 min Rudy isn't in the game. 

Klay is going to miss half of the season and hasn't played in 2.5 years. How many star players have missed that much time with two major leg injuries and have come back the same player they were pre-injury? I get that his game isn't built on being a great athlete but one of his biggest strengths is his defense. 

And I don't think Draymond really has that much trade value to be honest. 

26 minutes ago, Bullet Club said:

No contender would want Simmons over Hali. Though Sac-town isn't contending anytime soon so who knows.

If I'm Philly I'd trade him to whichever team I felt would be the worst with him if I'm getting their unprotected 2022 1st round pick. #Tank4Emoni

49 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

I wouldn't give up Haliburton for Simmons.  You can have your choice of the rest of the roster sans Fox and Haliburton, and some picks.

If I'm Philly I'd take Davion Mitchell, Harrison Barnes, Buddy Hield, and their unprotected 1st round picks in 2022/2024.

1 minute ago, NYRaider said:

The Jazz never had Ingles or Bojan on the trade block, that information was coming from teams that were interested in trading for them. Mitchell averaged like 35 ppg in the playoffs last season playing on a bad ankle. And Conley is declining yet was an All-Star for the first time in his career last season?

It was a lifetime achievement award for Conley. It was actually better he never got it so he can say he was the best player to never be an All Star. He is decling. Mitchell played his a$$ off and it still got them nowhere. Hard for him to go up another level from 35PPG.

3 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Replacing Georges Niang with Rudy Gay will be a huge upgrade for us, our biggest issue last season was that we lacked versatility and could only play one way. Which is why the team struggled whenever Rudy was off of the floor. Adding guys like Rudy Gay and Eric Paschall will allow us to play small ball if we need too and Jared Butler should be able to give us enough minutes in the regular season to help load manage Conley. I don't think Whiteside is a massive addition but he's an upgrade over Favors and still one of the best rim protectors in the league so he can play that role for the 12-14 min Rudy isn't in the game. 

If you're banking on 35yr old Rudy Gay making the Jazz more dynamic, I feel like you're proving my point.

4 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Klay is going to miss half of the season and hasn't played in 2.5 years. How many star players have missed that much time with two major leg injuries and have come back the same player they were pre-injury? I get that his game isn't built on being a great athlete but one of his biggest strengths is his defense. 

And I don't think Draymond really has that much trade value to be honest. 

Again, he is projected to come back by Christmas. Not miss half the season. Klay's game is not build on his athleticism. He literally dropped 60 pts on 11 dribbles. He may take a step back defensively, but it opens the floor for Steph now that he doesn't have to play 5v1.

Also, Draymon by himself doesn't, but adding him with Kuminga and Moody is a good package. Would be a good trade piece for Philly to move to a younger team like Orlando or Sacramento trying to break into a play in game.

1 minute ago, BStanRamFan said:

It was a lifetime achievement award for Conley. It was actually better he never got it so he can say he was the best player to never be an All Star. He is decling. Mitchell played his a$$ off and it still got them nowhere. Hard for him to go up another level from 35PPG.

If you're banking on 35yr old Rudy Gay making the Jazz more dynamic, I feel like you're proving my point.

Conley averaged 17/9 on 51% FG in the Grizzles series. Mitchell played his arse off on a bum ankle and Conley missed the entire Clippers series. 

Have you ever watched Georges Niang play basketball? He's one of the worst defensive players that I've ever seen. We don't need Rudy Gay to come in and be a superstar but he's solid depth that can play some small ball 5. We didn't need a major roster overhaul, we had the best record in the league last season and lost in the 2nd round because Conley was out and Mitchell was injured. We weren't able to go small and had zero rim protection if Rudy was off the court, we made the adjustments to ensure that won't happen again. The Rudy Gay signing reminds me a lot of the Batum signing for the Clippers last off-season. Did anyone expect that to really move the needle for them? Nope. But his ability to play small ball 5 and stretch the floor fundamentally changed the way they played in the playoffs. 

7 minutes ago, BStanRamFan said:

Again, he is projected to come back by Christmas. Not miss half the season. Klay's game is not build on his athleticism. He literally dropped 60 pts on 11 dribbles. He may take a step back defensively, but it opens the floor for Steph now that he doesn't have to play 5v1.

Also, Draymon by himself doesn't, but adding him with Kuminga and Moody is a good package. Would be a good trade piece for Philly to move to a younger team like Orlando or Sacramento trying to break into a play in game.

The plan is to try and be ready by Christmas, which means he's missing at minimum the first 32 games of the season, almost half. And I'd imagine even if he does come back on Christmas Day they're going to ease him back into the lineup, he literally hasn't played for years. I understand his game isn't built on athleticism but basketball is still a game of sprinting and jumping. And he's going to be tasked with defending one of the opponents best perimeter players every game. 

Philadelphia already has Tobias Harris, they need shooting/playmaking, they don't really have a need for someone like Draymond. And why would Orlando or Sacramento want him? Draymond looked terrible playing without 2-3 HOFers around him. 

Sam Amick: As I wrote here, though, the fact that the Kings are unwilling to include De’Aaron Fox and/or Tyrese Haliburton in a possible Simmons deal is, for now at least, a deal-breaker. Heck, they’re even trying to hold onto Harrison Barnes, from what I’m told. - Sam Amik 

22 minutes ago, Bullet Club said:

Phoenix is one of the only teams that should make a move for Simmons. They have too many guards, and they need to win some games. You can't play Mitchell, Fox, and Hali at the same time. It's too small of a lineup.

Mitchell, Buddy, Bagley, and picks is probably the absolute best offer the 76ers are getting.