Ben Simmons officially asks to be traded

NYRaider

Should they trade Ben Simmons  

40 members have voted

1. 1. Trade him?

• Yes
    • No

On 9/13/2021 at 7:40 AM, Sllim Pickens said:

That team is better than having Buddy Hield in there who has a negative +/-, is bad defensively, and didn't shoot as much this year.  I am guessing the Kings would move one of Haliburton or Mitchell.  The other one will end up as a 2 guard.  If its Haliburton, the shooting is just fine.  If its Mitchell, the perimeter defense is locked down and the shooting is still ok.  

Moving Fox off the ball hurts his value but even he without the ball in his hands its just fine shooting and can split PG duties with Simmons and Ben is a + from Fox in +/-. defensive efficiency, rebounding, and passing.  Hell they could trade Fox for Ben and Sac would be better.  Ben is good enough to make sure a team is not in the bottom 5.  Just about any team he goes to will not be bottom 5 in the league.  Out west, the Thunder, Rockets and Spurs are worse easily.  In the east you have Detroit, Orlando, and Cleveland easily worse.  The Kings currently are projected as the 10th worst record with Toronto, Washington, and Minny below them.  Adding Ben would only improve that.  No chance they have a top 5 pick unless Ben gets injured. 

Haliburton is off-limits.  Even in a Ben Simmons deal.

On 9/13/2021 at 5:40 AM, Sllim Pickens said:

That team is better than having Buddy Hield in there who has a negative +/-, is bad defensively, and didn't shoot as much this year.  I am guessing the Kings would move one of Haliburton or Mitchell.  The other one will end up as a 2 guard.  If its Haliburton, the shooting is just fine.  If its Mitchell, the perimeter defense is locked down and the shooting is still ok.  

Mitchell is a meh shooter and super small. The Kings would be a 25-35 win team. 

9 hours ago, NYRaider said:

Mitchell is a meh shooter and super small. The Kings would be a 25-35 win team. 

He is good enough.  And he is an elite defender.  Adding Mitchell and Simmons to the wing defense would greatly improve their defense.  

Even if they are a 25 win team, that puts them as the 7th pick this year.  If they get to 35, they would be picking 15th.  No way they get worse replacing Heild for Simmons and they won 31 last year.  I dont think it makes them significantly better, but definitely not in top 3-5 pick range. 

2 hours ago, Sllim Pickens said:

He is good enough.  And he is an elite defender.  Adding Mitchell and Simmons to the wing defense would greatly improve their defense.  

Even if they are a 25 win team, that puts them as the 7th pick this year.  If they get to 35, they would be picking 15th.  No way they get worse replacing Heild for Simmons and they won 31 last year.  I dont think it makes them significantly better, but definitely not in top 3-5 pick range. 

Davion Mitchell was an excellent defender at Baylor but he's 6'1" with a 6'4" wingspan, we'll have to wait and see how that translates to the NBA. And Mitchell shot well last year but was terrible as a FT shooter and average as a 3P shooter over his career. 

If they're losing both Halibuton and Hield, who accounted for literally half of their 3PM, there's definitely a huge trade off there.

Tom Moore: #NBA source: The #Sixers ‘are expecting (Ben Simmons) to play (in 2021-22). The expectation is they will. It’s bumpy right now (& the team expects it) to get better.’ The #76ers don’t plan on making a deal that would drop them back in standings & not getting viable offers. 

5 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Davion Mitchell was an excellent defender at Baylor but he's 6'1" with a 6'4" wingspan, we'll have to wait and see how that translates to the NBA. And Mitchell shot well last year but was terrible as a FT shooter and average as a 3P shooter over his career. 

If they're losing both Halibuton and Hield, who accounted for literally half of their 3PM, there's definitely a huge trade off there.

Mitchell played Cade pretty well.  I am sure he will be fine as a defender.  He isn't great but he is good enough.  They also would likely add Maxey who is a solid shooter.  Didn't have a great year but didnt get a ton of minutes either.  Losing shooting and gaining a playmaker, rebounder, and defender still makes you a better team.  They will score enough and find enough shooting to not be a bottom 5 team with Ben. 

6 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

I hope he doesn't.  Philly brought this on themselves.  Embiid and Doc threw him under the bus and the city backed the bus up on top of him.  I wouldn't play for them either.  If I did I would just go out and shoot nothing but threes and never pass.  They burned the bridges. 

Wherever he goes I have a feeling he will be extra determined and will be better than ever. 

4 minutes ago, Sllim Pickens said:

Philly Gets: Jerami Grant, Killian Hayes, and Josh Jackson

Detroit Gets: Ben Simmons, Aaron Henry, and Shake Milton

Throw on some picks maybe but will be a few years out with heavy protections.  Then we trade Olynyk and sign Zach Lavine in 2022, draft one of Paolo, Chet, or Duran and all is well in the world. 

simmons would take yall out of the top 3 pick discussion.  thats why im glad the rockets didnt trade for him this past season. 

33 minutes ago, Texansfan713 said:

simmons would take yall out of the top 3 pick discussion.  thats why im glad the rockets didnt trade for him this past season. 

Well if Bates ends up in there, it would be top 4 pick.  And I am not sure he would take us out of the top four pick contention, especially if we move Grant and Hayes.  Maybe we send Bey as well just to make sure we still suck.  There is a chance he would still improve us enough, but the rest of the team is still pretty dookie outside of Cade and Simmons in that scenario.  I think at best we would be a bottom 6 team unless Cade is all star level from day 1 which still would land us a Hardy or Griffin.  Either way we would still be in a good spot with enough cap for a max and a top pick.  

4 hours ago, Sllim Pickens said:

Mitchell played Cade pretty well.  I am sure he will be fine as a defender.  He isn't great but he is good enough.  They also would likely add Maxey who is a solid shooter.  Didn't have a great year but didnt get a ton of minutes either.  Losing shooting and gaining a playmaker, rebounder, and defender still makes you a better team.  They will score enough and find enough shooting to not be a bottom 5 team with Ben. 

Cade isn't an elite athlete by NBA standards though and he'll have limited switch-ability due to his lack of size. I've seen him compared to Marcus Smart but Smart is 6'4" 220 with a 6'9" wingspan. 

I don't think they'd be a bottom 5 team but they still wouldn't be very good.

I hope he doesn't.  Philly brought this on themselves.  Embiid and Doc threw him under the bus and the city backed the bus up on top of him.  I wouldn't play for them either.  If I did I would just go out and shoot nothing but threes and never pass.  They burned the bridges. 

Wherever he goes I have a feeling he will be extra determined and will be better than ever. 

Ben gets half of his half of his $33M salary before the season starts so I don't think he's going to report to camp. Even if they fine him, it doesn't really matter and Klutch has also shown that they will go to extreme measures to get a guy traded. 

We'll see, Ben is good but he has been the same player for 5 seasons.

Philly Gets: Jerami Grant, Killian Hayes, and Josh Jackson

Detroit Gets: Ben Simmons, Aaron Henry, and Shake Milton

Why would Philadelphia do this? Unless they're getting some unprotected 1st round picks as well. Grant is redundant with Harris, Hayes hasn't shown much, and Jackson is meh. 

I don't like the move for Detroit either, tbh. You guys just need to let Cade go this season as the primary ball handler.