Ben Simmons officially asks to be traded

NYRaider

Should they trade Ben Simmons  

40 members have voted

1. 1. Trade him?

• Yes
    • No

3 hours ago, Sllim Pickens said:

Well if Bates ends up in there, it would be top 4 pick.  And I am not sure he would take us out of the top four pick contention, especially if we move Grant and Hayes.  Maybe we send Bey as well just to make sure we still suck.  There is a chance he would still improve us enough, but the rest of the team is still pretty dookie outside of Cade and Simmons in that scenario.  I think at best we would be a bottom 6 team unless Cade is all star level from day 1 which still would land us a Hardy or Griffin.  Either way we would still be in a good spot with enough cap for a max and a top pick.  

Yeah that team would be what? Cade - Diallo - Bey - Simmons - Stewart? Definitely would be in contention for a top pick, but I don't think you'd attract a max level guy.

20 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

I'm confused as to which side you're arguing for.

How are the Kings going to land Ben Simmons if they're not willing to include Haliburton? Haliburton had a solid rookie season, Ben has been All-NBA, All-NBA defense, and an All-Star on a top tier team. 

On 9/15/2021 at 11:58 PM, NYRaider said:

How are the Kings going to land Ben Simmons if they're not willing to include Haliburton? Haliburton had a solid rookie season, Ben has been All-NBA, All-NBA defense, and an All-Star on a top tier team. 

I’m guessing they’d be banking on Halliburton’s future offensive potential being worth more than Simmons’ defense and play making value.

38 minutes ago, Texansfan713 said:

Speaking of Wall and Simmons just seen a tweet from Evan Dammarrell (not sure how credible he is, but he has a blue check on twitter) that saying Rockets are seriously interested in acquiring him for Wall.

I have a feeling its going to happen. 

Philly would be stupid to do that.  Wall is no better scoring and can't stay on the court.  That would be one of the worst outcomes for Philly IMO.  But would be great for Houston and Green's development playing with a playmaker and defender like Ben. 

lmao "ok fine we'll trade you our 25 year old all star and elite defender with 4 years left on his contract in exchange for the worst contract in the league who suffered a career altering injury who also isn't a good 3 point shooter"

i'm sure that's exactly how the conversation went between the guy who wanted 5 1st round picks from golden state and 7 1st round picks from san antonio and the guy who stopped a james harden trade out of spite because the other guy thought he was too cheap