Ben Simmons officially asks to be traded

NYRaider

Should they trade Ben Simmons  

40 members have voted

1. 1. Trade him?

• Yes
    • No

I don't think PHI fans realize how devalued Simmons is going to be this offseason.   I mean, Embiid is signing off on Simmons' departure with that admission.

Honestly @NYRaider IMO the thread title should be changed to "what will the Sixers get for Simmons this offseason".

Edited by Broncofan

5 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

Bruh, I already told you they're going to exile that man to OKC for Kemba and 16 lol

I have no idea how the salary cap works but could we S&T Mike Conley + Jordan Clarkson for Ben Simmons and Seth Curry?

3 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

I have no idea how the salary cap works but could we S&T Mike Conley + Jordan Clarkson for Ben Simmons and Seth Curry?

I don't think so because Utah is over the cap so the math wouldn't work. The only reason the Bucks were able to potentially S&T for Bogdan was due to Sacramento's cap room. The team trading the S&T player can only take back half of what they are sending out in regards to that player's contract.

Edited by beekay414

1 minute ago, beekay414 said:

I don't think so because Utah is over the cap so the math wouldn't work. The only reason the Bucks were able to potentially S&T for Bogdan was due to Sacramento's cap room. The team trading the S&T player can only take back half of what they are sending out in regards to that player's contract.

What if we were to add Joe Ingles as well?

Just now, NYRaider said:

@CWood21 cap expert is there anyway we can finesse a S&T of Mike Conley for Ben Simmons?

lol I already told you, that's not possible due to both teams being over the cap. Philly can't send less $$$ back to Utah to take on more for the same reason Utah can't take on only half relief from the Conley deal.

Just now, beekay414 said:

lol I already told you, that's not possible due to both teams being over the cap. Philly can't send less $$$ back to Utah to take on more for the same reason Utah can't take on only half relief from the Conley deal.

Resign Conley trade Favors, Ingles, Clarkson for Simmons.