12 Teams: Non-PPR, What Draft Pick Do You Want?

JaguarCrazy2832

I do this every year because I like to really dig into where I want to pick.

Once you put everyone into certain tiers there is a significant drop off in positions so you say of these 40 guys or whatever that you hold higher and then its all the same give or take a few projected % points, you can figure out what spot gives you the best chance of landing the most players in that group or getting the most points out of certain spots

Every year we draw names out of a hat, first person picked gets to pick their spot and so on. 

Curious what spot(s) you guys really want to be in for my league scenario, or dont because that can be just as helpful and why?

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, EaglesPeteC said:

I think I want 9 or 10. Get Chubb in round one and get Kelce, Walker or Kittle on the way back 

Geez are Walker/Kittle going that early? I thought they were much closer to the early 30s

Currently I consider spots 4-7 to be the same so I'm hoping to not be 4-5-6

19 minutes ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

Geez are Walker/Kittle going that early? I thought they were much closer to the early 30s

Currently I consider spots 4-7 to be the same so I'm hoping to not be 4-5-6

Im fine taking those 3 elite TE’s in the 2nd. Because they are such a positional advantage 

I’m all over the place.

I want 1,2 or 11.  However, if ARod plays I’ll take anywhere middle to late first as I think A. Jones would then be the best value in the draft. 

1 because CMC is ridiculous to have (I’m not worried about the injury). As for the other 2,  I love drafting the pick before the turn (2 or 11) as being able to project 2 picks out of the round (whoever drafts at 1 or 12 depending) is a pretty big advantage.

Edited by 101Raider

2 hours ago, 101Raider said:

I’m all over the place.

I want 1,2 or 11.  However, if ARod plays I’ll take anywhere middle to late first as I think A. Jones would then be the best value in the draft. 

1 because CMC is ridiculous to have (I’m not worried about the injury). As for the other 2,  I love drafting the pick before the turn (2 or 11) as being able to project 2 picks out of the round (whoever drafts at 1 or 12 depending) is a pretty big advantage.

Do you play full point PPR? Surprised if not just because I wouldn't think CMC would be the clear cut #1

I get the advantage of picking 2 or 11 for sure, especially if you are familiar with the person's tendencies as well. We've been doing this league for like 14 years, everyone has them

2 hours ago, mattyice0401 said:

I would want anything in between picks 1-4 or 5 realistically If i cant have 1 id want 4 or 5 just so I can get one of the better RBs in the pre draft process and so I can have an earlier draft pick in the 2nd round.

Curious who you have as your Top-5 because personally I think Taylor-Chubb-Zeke-Barkley are all so close together in Non-PPR that I kind of dont want to be at 4-5-6(with Henry-Cook-CMC expected to go some form of 1-2-3)

6 hours ago, EaglesPeteC said:

Im fine taking those 3 elite TE’s in the 2nd. Because they are such a positional advantage 

It definitely is an advantage but:

1. Kelce is the clear-cut #1 

2. I worry once Trey Lance starts, all WR/TE take a hit in the offense. Less throwing, more QB running

33 minutes ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

Curious who you have as your Top-5 because personally I think Taylor-Chubb-Zeke-Barkley are all so close together in Non-PPR that I kind of dont want to be at 4-5-6(with Henry-Cook-CMC expected to go some form of 1-2-3)

CMC, DC33, King Henry are my clear cut top 3 then you can mix and match the rest imo

1. CMC

2. DC33

3. King Henry

4. AK

5. Zeke

Im not too high on Barkley JUST because of his injury last year and Im not too sure how long it will take him to get back to full strength he could come out of the gate strong and set the league on fire and it wouldnt surprise me one bit, I like JT but theres 3 other backs that worry me that could take snaps away from him in Mack, Hines and Wilkins, Chubb I like a lot as well but Hunt is still there to steal some work from him. AK I like but with the QB uncertainty makes me a little hesitant because Brees threw to him so often but thats being a little nit picky because AK can get his own with ease. 

Zeke I am probably higher than most this year as I think hes in a good bounce back spot with Dak coming back and opposing defenses having to respect their passing game once again, a healthy OL along with some positive regression coming his way I think Zeke will do fairly well this year.

Heck you could probably make an argument for Cam I only run for acres Akers as top 5 back this year.

49 minutes ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

Do you play full point PPR? Surprised if not just because I wouldn't think CMC would be the clear cut #1

I get the advantage of picking 2 or 11 for sure, especially if you are familiar with the person's tendencies as well. We've been doing this league for like 14 years, everyone has them

I’m in a 0.5. 

25 minutes ago, mattyice0401 said:

CMC, DC33, King Henry are my clear cut top 3 then you can mix and match the rest imo

1. CMC

2. DC33

3. King Henry

4. AK

5. Zeke

Im not too high on Barkley JUST because of his injury last year and Im not too sure how long it will take him to get back to full strength he could come out of the gate strong and set the league on fire and it wouldnt surprise me one bit, I like JT but theres 3 other backs that worry me that could take snaps away from him in Mack, Hines and Wilkins, Chubb I like a lot as well but Hunt is still there to steal some work from him. AK I like but with the QB uncertainty makes me a little hesitant because Brees threw to him so often but thats being a little nit picky because AK can get his own with ease. 

Zeke I am probably higher than most this year as I think hes in a good bounce back spot with Dak coming back and opposing defenses having to respect their passing game once again, a healthy OL along with some positive regression coming his way I think Zeke will do fairly well this year.

Heck you could probably make an argument for Cam I only run for acres Akers as top 5 back this year.

I think you're right about most if not all of that which is why I'd rather not pick 4-5-6 because 7-8 lands me 1 of those 5 after the obvious 3. 

Kamara worries me alot because his track record without Brees isnt worth a 1st round pick in a Non-PPR league. 

I do like Akers alot, I currently have him at 8 but I think the gap between him and the Top-7 is enough. His potential is there but I suppose the floor is more of a concern

I like, in order, 11-12-10-1-2

I kinda like being at the turn. Feel I manage my overall roster better. I like first 2 picks at 11-14 or 12-13 best because you get your first crack at two pretty damn good players and set the tone for how you’re putting your team together.

Hate in order 4-3-5-6.

At 4 you’re missing out on the consensus top 3 backs, then waiting what feels like forever for your next choice.

Ironically I believe the first non-PPR title I took home I was picking 5th.

It’s not like it can’t be done. I just prefer working with picks where I can get best available at one position and very soon trying to start a run at a new position after I nab one of my top-2 there.

On 6/21/2021 at 7:57 PM, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

It definitely is an advantage but:

1. Kelce is the clear-cut #1 

2. I worry once Trey Lance starts, all WR/TE take a hit in the offense. Less throwing, more QB running

All 3 of those players are the #1 receiving option for their team regardless of who is at QB. They will put up consistent WR-like numbers in a position half the league will be scrounging the ww to just get by. You are way more likely to pick up a later round WR or RB that can be a good starter vs TE. 

Im pretty committed to early TE and late round QB this season