12 Teams: Non-PPR, What Draft Pick Do You Want?

JaguarCrazy2832

22 hours ago, RTTRUTH said:

I like, in order, 11-12-10-1-2

I kinda like being at the turn. Feel I manage my overall roster better. I like first 2 picks at 11-14 or 12-13 best because you get your first crack at two pretty damn good players and set the tone for how you’re putting your team together.

Hate in order 4-3-5-6.

At 4 you’re missing out on the consensus top 3 backs, then waiting what feels like forever for your next choice.

Ironically I believe the first non-PPR title I took home I was picking 5th.

It’s not like it can’t be done. I just prefer working with picks where I can get best available at one position and very soon trying to start a run at a new position after I nab one of my top-2 there.

Im surprised you hate 3 but love 1 & 2 after saying there are 3 consensus top RBs. I would think 3 is an easier spot and the better chance of a player falling into your lap

I get people like the turn but I feel like it pigeon holes you into decisions because 2 picks back to back means you might have to force a decision to fill need because you wont pick for 20+ spots

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

Im surprised you hate 3 but love 1 & 2 after saying there are 3 consensus top RBs. I would think 3 is an easier spot and the better chance of a player falling into your lap

I get people like the turn but I feel like it pigeon holes you into decisions because 2 picks back to back means you might have to force a decision to fill need because you wont pick for 20+ spots

Yeah I guess at 1/2 I’m more accurately on the turn, and I suppose I just don’t like potentially having my hand forced for the 3rd best guy. In an average year it’s usually more of a top 1 or top 2 consensus.

What I really wish is that in my redraft league I knew my draft slot more than 1 hour in advance. 

16 hours ago, RTTRUTH said:

What I really wish is that in my redraft league I knew my draft slot more than 1 hour in advance. 

In my league we run a draft pick simulator the day that I receive the last buy-in. I don’t have to chase people to pay as they get guilted into paying dues early by their peers.

Any simulator would work, but I use FFtoolbox’s program.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, RTTRUTH said:

Yeah I guess at 1/2 I’m more accurately on the turn, and I suppose I just don’t like potentially having my hand forced for the 3rd best guy. In an average year it’s usually more of a top 1 or top 2 consensus.

Its not so much the 3rd best if you see them the same though, for me the difference between RB1 and RB3 is less than RB3 to RB4 so I think there's value there to be had because I currently have RB4 and RB10 separated by less than .5 ppg

Edit: That SUCKS dude, I love finding out my spot. Gives me alot of time to figure out what I want to do

Edited by JaguarCrazy2832

6 hours ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

Thats what I was thinking. I feel like Waller is the clear-cut #2. If all the weapons are healthy for SF, Kittle takes a hit and if Lance is the QB then I think they all get devalued some

I have kittle as TE 5 because of where people will draft him. I will not have him in any leagues this year. He likely ends up as as 3 or 4, but the juice isn't worth the squeeze. 

27 minutes ago, Forge said:

I have kittle as TE 5 because of where people will draft him. I will not have him in any leagues this year. He likely ends up as as 3 or 4, but the juice isn't worth the squeeze. 

Yea that might be a good call too because ADP matters. Once we get closer to draft time I'll start tracking ESPN's ADP strictly because I want to know how our draft lobby looks. Always a handful of people draft using ESPN's stuff

On 6/25/2021 at 1:10 PM, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

Yea that might be a good call too because ADP matters. Once we get closer to draft time I'll start tracking ESPN's ADP strictly because I want to know how our draft lobby looks. Always a handful of people draft using ESPN's stuff

My TE tier rankings of where I’d consider them drafting them

Kelce: 2nd

Kittle/Waller: 3rd

Hockenson/Andrews:5-6th

Pitts: 7th

Goedert: 8th

Gronk, Fant, Thomas, Jonnu, Tonyan, Cook, Ebron: whoever is left and would be at the end of the draft.

3 hours ago, 101Raider said:

We’ll, officially drafting at 6 in a 12 team Superflex.

not a bad spot honestly…
1QB: Mahomes

6RBs: Cook, Henry, Kamara, Barkley, Zeke, Jones

I like the spot the more I look at it, some good players coming back around too.

PPR or Not? Must be PPR if you have Jones there but you also dont have CMC listed there? Thats gotta be an oversight right?

17 hours ago, 101Raider said:

My TE tier rankings of where I’d consider them drafting them

Kelce: 2nd

Kittle/Waller: 3rd

Hockenson/Andrews:5-6th

Pitts: 7th

Goedert: 8th

Gronk, Fant, Thomas, Jonnu, Tonyan, Cook, Ebron: whoever is left and would be at the end of the draft.

Thinking about it more, I like Thomas and Cook best in that last group.

• 3 weeks later...