Frank Clark Arrested

onejayhawk

The story is still developing, but DE Frank Clark was arrested felony firearm possession in LA. The early indications are of an UZi, but it is not clear if it is single shot or automatic. 
https://www.yardbarker.com/general_sports/articles/report_frank_clark_arrested_for_firearm_possession/s1_16631_35210423

Edited by onejayhawk

Not going to get into the debate about gun laws, but a district judge recently struck down a number of CA's laws. Although his rulings have been temporarily halted. But I wonder how or if that will help/hurt Clark.

DE was already our weakest spot imo. I could see this going either way; keeping him or cutting him if it nulls his guarantees.

Since it's simple possession, and not on his person, it could be handled without prison. However, his home and other possession are subject to search, so this could be the tip of the spear. 

Some form of NFL suspension will occur. That also remains to sort. 

If Chris Jones plays DE, which appears to be the plan, we had adequate depth prior to all this. Without Clark, there is a big hole in both the playing time and the pass rush.

J

14 hours ago, onejayhawk said:

Since it's simple possession, and not on his person, it could be handled without prison. However, his home and other possession are subject to search, so this could be the tip of the spear. 

Some form of NFL suspension will occur. That also remains to sort. 

If Chris Jones plays DE, which appears to be the plan, we had adequate depth prior to all this. Without Clark, there is a big hole in both the playing time and the pass rush.

J

Reports have come out that he was also arrested in Cali in March on a gun charge.  That's twice in three months! 

1 hour ago, warsawian said:

Time to bring back Justin Houston?  And man it would be great if we could some how cut Frank Clark, that would really open up our options. 

Do it. Houston isn’t the star he once was. But he’s still solid and would be quality depth. 

2 hours ago, warsawian said:

Reports have come out that he was also arrested in Cali in March on a gun charge.  That's twice in three months! 

California is notoriously picky about these types of charges. Since there is nothing new this morning about automatic weapons, we can assume it's a semi-automatic, ie single shot weapon. If I understand correctly, what he was doing is completely legal in many states.

If it does not blow up this week, it may fade back. Eventually he may pay a fine, do some service and attend some classes. The real issue would be the NFL sanctions.

J

3 hours ago, onejayhawk said:

we can assume it's a semi-automatic, ie single shot weapon.

I grew up around guns, shot just about every gun a person can think of and I've never called, nor heard, a semi auto a "single shot weapon". Let's just let the facts come out before we start changing parts of the story around. 👍

2 hours ago, Chiefs_5627 said:

I grew up around guns, shot just about every gun a person can think of and I've never called, nor heard, a semi auto a "single shot weapon". Let's just let the facts come out before we start changing parts of the story around. 👍

Sure you have, though I can understand not thinking of it that way. You probably think of semi-automatic as meaning that you do not need to advance a round to be ready to shoot. That is true enough, but it also means one shot at a time.

J

2 hours ago, onejayhawk said:

Sure you have, though I can understand not thinking of it that way. You probably think of semi-automatic as meaning that you do not need to advance a round to be ready to shoot. That is true enough, but it also means one shot at a time.

J

No it's not. The automatic part is why you can't call it a "single shot". The next round is "automatic"ly ready to be fired. Yeah one bullet comes out at a time but you can't call an Uzi a single shot gun. That's nonsensical. 

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Semi-automatic_firearm

1 hour ago, Chiefs_5627 said:

No it's not. The automatic part is why you can't call it a "single shot". The next round is "automatic"ly ready to be fired. Yeah one bullet comes out at a time but you can't call an Uzi a single shot gun. That's nonsensical. 

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Semi-automatic_firearm

You said it yourself, "one bullet comes out at a time." That's all I ever said.

The point is that it is not fully automatic or even selective fire, which the law treats very differently.

J

What an idiot, i like that he blamed somebody else immediately for it too. 

Pretty sure we can get out from under his contract if he is suspended. Just sucks we didnt target DE at all till late in the draft. Really bare at that position now.

4 hours ago, onejayhawk said:

You said it yourself, "one bullet comes out at a time." That's all I ever said.

The point is that it is not fully automatic or even selective fire, which the law treats very differently.

J

Nah, you called it a "single shot" which is worth correcting because it changes the definition of what he got caught with.

It's like saying since he was in a car we're  gonna call it a 4-wheeler.

Edited by Chiefs_5627