Week 8: VIKINGS (5-2) at Browns (0-7)

swede700

We had this same discussion 4 years ago. That the Browns are mailing it in.

I'm not believing that for a second and I seriously doubt anyone on the Vikings organization believe it either. Not even the janitors!

If we can't beat this team, we have no business making the playoffs. Skol Vikings!

This is a big game for the Vikings.

They caught a break in the schedule with a "road" game on a neutral site against a 0-7 team. And they have a bye week to recover from the jet lag.

The schedule gets a lot tougher in the 2nd half of the season though.

:|

1 hour ago, SemperFeist said:

They’ll probably have a new front office as well as a new coaching staff. 

I don't see them getting rid of the front office this soon as this is only the 2nd season, but I do think they can get rid of the coach as he's not getting the most of the players he's been given.  While they've certainly failed at the QB position thus far, I think the team has enough talent to win more games than they have thus far...to me, that's coaching, not the front office. 

I personally always thought the people raving about Hue Jackson were out of their minds, because I thought he created a lot of the chaos in Oakland himself, but now that it's happened twice, I think it's clear that he's the problem.  He's a fine offensive coordinator, but he's not a head coach.  

3 minutes ago, disaacs said:

I don't see them getting rid of the front office this soon as this is only the 2nd season, but I do think they can get rid of the coach as he's not getting the most of the players he's been given.  While they've certainly failed at the QB position thus far, I think the team has enough talent to win more games than they have thus far...to me, that's coaching, not the front office. 

I personally always thought the people raving about Hue Jackson were out of their minds, because I thought he created a lot of the chaos in Oakland himself, but now that it's happened twice, I think it's clear that he's the problem.  He's a fine offensive coordinator, but he's not a head coach.  

Cleveland has a major problem attracting really good HC candidates. Seems they are often stuck with the options who can't find work.

3 hours ago, vike daddy said:

the Vikings are very well received in London.

We were down in Vegas for the Canalo/GGG fight in September. The Vikes were in Pittsburgh that Sunday so we had Vikes gear on quite a bit.

The amount of people from over-seas who gave us high-5's, gave us a "GO VIKINGS!" and wanted to talk about the Vikings was amazing.

A few of them were even going to the game. They were excited as all heck.

I wonder if it's just our team name that does it since "Vikings" is pretty European.

9 minutes ago, Vikes_Bolts1228 said:

We were down in Vegas for the Canalo/GGG fight in September. The Vikes were in Pittsburgh that Sunday so we had Vikes gear on quite a bit.

The amount of people from over-seas who gave us high-5's, gave us a "GO VIKINGS!" and wanted to talk about the Vikings was amazing.

A few of them were even going to the game. They were excited as all heck.

I wonder if it's just our team name that does it since "Vikings" is pretty European.

Makes sense. Vikings are probably the most relatable team in Europe, more so than any of the other team mascots.

14 minutes ago, vikingsrule said:

Cleveland has a major problem attracting really good HC candidates. Seems they are often stuck with the options who can't find work.

Agreed.  But, with so many draft picks coming on board next season, they might have a better selection of candidates as they know that they'll get a ton of players right from the beginning.  

Archived