Vikings rookie Jaylen Twyman shot 4 times

Sad People

2 hours ago, DutchFalcon said:

Don't they mean grazing wounds? An exit wound implies there is an entry wound. Something that generally isn't superficial.

I'd assume. Thank goodness criminals hold guns the same way they do throwing a Frisbee or otherwise a lot more people could have died throughout time.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/23/2021 at 2:40 PM, dll2000 said:

Are modern guns and ammo not that powerful?  

A lot of people seem to get shot multiple times and live without serious complications.

More a case that humans are actually pretty tough animals and our amazing emergency responders have a lot of experience saving GSW victims in a country with more guns than people.

On 6/23/2021 at 3:40 PM, dll2000 said:

Are modern guns and ammo not that powerful?  

A lot of people seem to get shot multiple times and live without serious complications.

its mostly luck tbh when dealing with handguns. Its a gun, its powerful (mostly). But if you dont get any organs/arties and you miss bones to where you arent getting richochets then you should be ok. 

1 minute ago, GSUeagles14 said:

its mostly luck tbh when dealing with handguns. Its a gun, its powerful (mostly). But if you dont get any organs/arties and you miss bones to where you arent getting richochets then you should be ok. 

Just an observation.

But it may be the aerodynamics give you more clean shots that do less damage.   You don't get gaping wounds or tumbling bullets.  So modern guns are less deadly in a sense.  I am sure better doctors and treatment is a factor as well.  

If you know people that grew up in housing projects a lot of them get shot at some point unfortunately.    I have three friends that got shot in torso growing up and they all lived.   I bet a not insignificant number of NFL players have bullet wound and they are playing a professional sport.  

Just saying if you got shot from Revolutionary War era all the way to WWII it was generally curtains.

Seems strange that guns seem to getting less lethal when they are designed to kill.

6 minutes ago, dll2000 said:

Just saying if you got shot from Revolutionary War era all the way to WWII it was generally curtains.

I mean, that’s because of modern medicine and that more people died from infection and disease up through WWI than combat wounds themselves. Your insinuation that somehow a musket is more deadly than a modern day assault weapon is legitimately hilarious.

Edited by MWil23
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, dll2000 said:

Seems strange that guns seem to getting less lethal when they are designed to kill.

It probably seems strange because it's not true.

If you're comparing lethality during the revolutionary war era to today, you needn't look further than the medical care side of it. Far more men died from disease and infection than GSW in the American Revolution.

From a drunk, dirty "surgeon" with a bonesaw to sterile operating rooms with decades of experience and a pristine and calm working environment with antiseptics and 150 more years of medical knowledge.

24 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

I mean, that’s because of modern medicine and that more people died from infection and disease up through WWI than combat wounds themselves. Your insinuation that somehow a musket is more deadly than a modern day assault weapon is legitimately hilarious.

Yeah, the only thing slower and weaker than a musket at projecting a ball forward is hanging off of Kellen Moore's left shoulder

• Like 4

• 3 weeks later...

Adam Schefter@AdamSchefter

Vikings’ rookie Jaylen Twyman, who was shot four times this summer in Washington D.C., “has recovered enough from his gunshot wounds that he will be reporting to training camp today with the other rookies”, said his agent @DrewJRosenhaus. “He’s really excited.”