Raiders DE Carl Nassib announces he's gay

RaidersAreOne

31 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

Spot on. Not just pwny though, there are a few that have taken this stance. Some of my favorite people on the site have seemed to take the "my way or the highway" approach to this conversation.

not true. Im listening and learning as well

(also, dont even act like im not your favorite person on the site :))

2 hours ago, Malfatron said:

Thats fair.

"Thanks for letting me know. I support you no matter what" is better

We are all learning here, and Im not going to pretend that im the authority on this topic here. Im trying to be better too

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, pwny said:

No, you didn't. you told me about two specific friends would be upset about the length of this conversation, not that positive affirmations would offend them. Sorry, keep looking for this person. Let me know when you find them. Thanks. In the mean time, you should probably bow out of this debate that you know your friends would be upset about you having.

You asked me a question l, I have two examples. You don’t like that because you feel you know how everyone feels and what there preference would be. This is just getting silly so just for you I’ll agree to that. You know how every single person in the lgbtq community feels. Happy?

Edited by GSUeagles14

22 minutes ago, GSUeagles14 said:

What are you even talking about? Behave like what? Treat people well and with respect regardless of sexual orientation. Open to how others feel? “Oh, you don’t like that way I said that? my apologies, I absolutely meant no offense and will certainly use whatever language you feel comfortable with”. Etc etc?

Talking about being miserable to be around…

i dont know, maybe spending 10 pages being an massive pedant and inventing various scenarios to avoid doing the exact thing you just described lol

• Like 4

Just now, GSUeagles14 said:

You asked me a question l, I have two examples. You don’t like that because you fee you know everyone feels and what there preference would be. This is just getting silly so just for you I’ll agree to that. You know how every single person in the lgbtq community feels. Happy?

You gave two examples that answer a question that wasn’t asked and was specifically cited as not what I was asking. I asked you who would be offended by affirmations, and you gave me an example of two people who you can’t say are offended by affirmations, but would be upset by a conversation YOU ARE PARTICIPATING IN. Good try to pretend those are the same thing, though. 

Nice second straw man, by the way. Can’t wait for the third.

Just now, pwny said:

You gave two examples that answer a question that wasn’t asked and was specifically cited as not what I was asking. I asked you who would be offended by affirmations, and you gave me an example of two people who you can’t say are offended by affirmations, but would be upset by a conversation YOU ARE PARTICIPATING IN. Good try to pretend those are the same thing, though. 

Nice second straw man, by the way. Can’t wait for the third.

I’ve already said multiple times that the two people in mind would be offended. I don’t need to share every conversation we’ve had with you. I’ll say it again, I know based on past conversation we’ve had that they would be offended. 

and there’s no straw man. Or are you conceeding that people might be offended by the affirmations.

I’ve already said multiple times that the two people in mind would be offended. I don’t need to share every conversation we’ve had with you. I’ll say it again, I know based on past conversation we’ve had that they would be offended. 

and there’s no straw man. Or are you conceeding that people might be offended by the affirmations.

Specifically, what are they offended at? Let’s make sure that they actually qualify for this. They come out to you. And the response you come up with offends them. What is that response?

6 minutes ago, -Hope- said:

i dont know, maybe spending 10 pages being an massive pedant and inventing various scenarios to avoid doing the exact thing you just described lol

Well the ones at thing would go both ways obviously. And what i described is how I try and treat everyone.

1 minute ago, pwny said:

Specifically, what are they offended at? Let’s make sure that they actually qualify for this. They come out to you. And the response you come up with offends them. What is that response?

No, I’m not sharing every detail of our conversations. However both of these gentlemen were already out before I met them. However we’ve been friends for many years now and have had talks that have made it clear they would be offended by some of the affirmations we’re talking about, while some others may just strike them as odd/uncomfortable. 

I don’t know what else I can tell you thh. It’s really pretty simple.

No, I’m not sharing every detail of our conversations. However both of these gentlemen were already out before I met them. However we’ve been friends for many years now and have had talks that have made it clear they would be offended by some of the affirmations we’re talking about, while some others may just strike them as odd/uncomfortable. 

I don’t know what else I can tell you thh. It’s really pretty simple.

I’m not asking for a real conversation that you’ve had. I’m asking specifically, within that link that has been posted three times now, what would they be offended by. “Thanks for telling me.” “I care about you, you’re a great friend and this won’t change anything.” Which of those phrases would be offensive to them?

1 minute ago, pwny said:

I’m not asking for a real conversation that you’ve had. I’m asking specifically, within that link that has been posted three times now, what would they be offended by. “Thanks for telling me.” “I care about you, you’re a great friend and this won’t change anything.” Which of those phrases would be offensive to them?

Essentially anything that you wouldn’t tell a straight person for being straight. Would you tell your straight friend “ thanks for telling me, this won’t change anything” if not, then don’t tell them.

1 minute ago, GSUeagles14 said:

Essentially anything that you wouldn’t tell a straight person for being straight. Would you tell your straight friend “ thanks for telling me, this won’t change anything” if not, then don’t tell them.

straight people haven't had the same anxieties and struggles as LGBTQIA+ people when it comes to sexual identity 

• Like 4

Just now, Adrenaline_Flux said:

straight people haven't had the same anxieties and struggles as LGBTQIA+ people when it comes to sexual identity 

I mean, I’m talking about two very specific people. It’s not for me to tell them how to feel.

6 minutes ago, GSUeagles14 said:

You wouldn’t tell a straight person that because they aren’t going to ever come out to you as straight. You wouldn’t go into a situation where you find out a straight person engages in heteronormative behavior and say “I don’t care” either. That’s just like a terrible example and quite literally doesn’t make sense. 

And you’re making pretty serious assumptions about two people that you admit you had absolutely nothing to do with their coming out story. 

Just now, pwny said:

You wouldn’t tell a straight person that because they aren’t going to ever come out to you as straight. You wouldn’t go into a situation where you find out a straight person engages in heteronormative behavior and say “I don’t care” either. That’s just like a terrible example and quite literally doesn’t make sense. 

Bruh. Are you serious? It’s two real people that you INSISTED getting details on. When I tell you essentially their feelings on it, this is what you have? That doesn’t make sense and they shouldn’t feel that way?

4 minutes ago, GSUeagles14 said:

Bruh. Are you serious? It’s two real people that you INSISTED getting details on. When I tell you essentially their feelings on it, this is what you have? That doesn’t make sense and they shouldn’t feel that way?

So you‘re specifically saying, you know with 100% certainty that when those two individuals first came out, that they would have been offended if the person said “thanks for telling me”? You’re dead on, life on the line sure that the phrase “thank you for telling me” would have offended them? 

like this is beyond ridiculous that you think the words “thank you” would offend anyone. And it’d more hilarious that you’ve argued for pages that someone would be offended by the words “thank you”.