Raiders DE Carl Nassib announces he's gay

RaidersAreOne

100% of comments are in favor of homosexually or some say they are indifferent.   That is not surprising in least.   

That isn't because 100% of people agree or are in favor of it.  It is because people who disagree have either left, been chased off or are afraid to not support it for fear of attack and repercussions from the tolerant crowd.   They are silenced by fear.    

Who really has the power?  Can you be openly Christian with Christian pride and still post on this site?  

Let me elaborate that there is not hate here.  It is opposite of hate.   If I supported people lost in sin, then I would truly hate them because it means I don't care.  

I want them to change and be saved.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, pwny said:

You keep doing this thing where you say you’re going to look into the research and formulate an opinion with an open mind and then immediately following that up with a reason why the thing you haven’t even looked at yet is wrong. That isn’t coming at it with an open mind.

You’ve already decided that it can’t be regressive, and you’re so sure of that, that you’re not even willing to say “maybe I should stop making declarations about this topic until I look into the things that have been suggested to be looked into” before you look into it.

You're putting words into my mouth. I'm combating your "my way or the highway" line of thinking that is combining one group of people who treat everyone equal and are aware of the struggles with a group of people who are dismissive of it all. The funny part is that you won't even try to understand the opposing view yet that's what you expect in return.

I do think it's regressive. That doesn't mean I can't change my mind with further information from what I will be reading. Saying that I will look into it more does not mean I throw my current opinions out the window and start from a blind slate. It means that I will go into it with an open mind and the mindset that I don't know everything. You're really trying your hardest to make me out to be something that I'm not. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, dll2000 said:

100% of comments are in favor of homosexually or some say they are indifferent.   That is not surprising in least.   

That isn't because 100% of people agree or are in favor of it.  It is because people who disagree have either left, been chased off or are afraid to not support it for fear of attack and repercussions from the tolerant crowd.   They are silenced by fear.    

Who really has the power?  Can you be openly Christian with Christian pride and still post on this site?  

Let me elaborate that there is not hate here.  It is opposite of hate.   If I supported people lost in sin, then I would truly hate them because it means I don't care.  

It’s possible to love someone and not support their lifestyle choices. 

I also hate how society has made sexuality  someone’s identity. 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, dll2000 said:

Let your god handle that. You just love thy brother & worry not was he does behind closed doors.

• Like 6

Just now, JonStark said:

your "my way or the highway" line of thinking that is combining one group of people who treat everyone equal and are aware of the struggles with a group of people who are dismissive of it all.

He specifically distinguished between the two groups in his first post. 

You probably didn’t read it because you already decided he was wrong.

1 minute ago, JonStark said:

Saying that I will look into it more does not mean I throw my current opinions out the window and start from a blind slate. It means that I will go into it with an open mind

You can’t go into it with an open mind if you don’t through your current opinions out the window. That’s literally what it means.

1 minute ago, dll2000 said:

Paradox of tolerance was explained on page 7.

Also, this idea that Christianity is against Homosexuality from the evangelical crowd is based on a mistranslated passage of Leviticus that says, "Man should not lay with a boy as if he were to lay with a woman, lest he be stoned." Which means, pedophilia is wrong. Has nothing to do with Homosexuality. 

Preaching on this site isn't allowed, so I'm gonna leave this as academic as possible. But as Jesus says, "Don't be a jerk. Love your neighbor." But I'm just paraphrasing, since I'm Jewish and I'm tired of people proselytizing where no one asked for it.

• Like 10

36 minutes ago, RamblinMan99 said:

No, Tony Dungy did not make mistake.  

this is an opinion, but whatever…

He was speaking for the majority of NFL coaches and football coaches overall who wouldn’t want to deal with this kind of situation.  

yes, we know, that’s why it’s relevant. 😂. I can’t tell if you’re honestly missing what’s staring you in the face or just being purposefully obtuse??

I’m fully aware that the moderators are watching me like a hawk, so I’m going to try to say this without anybody getting offended right away.  

………You and most of the posters in this thread don’t have a clear cut picture on how the real world works and you haven’t really spent enough time around other people to understand it.  

you’re making assumptions and literally have no idea what most of the posters in this thread do or do not know.  Bad form.

No matter what kind of activism people take for equality/social justice/whatever,  the vast majority of people will continue to stick to their tribes.  

Irrelevant to the discussion.  Who people choose to “stick to” has nothing to do with Carl Nassib and LGBT equality, especially as it related to the NFL/a workplace.

Why is that?  Because it’s natural and most people don’t have a problem with figuring out who they are.  

White people still marry white people. Black people still marry black people.  

Yes, they do.  And people of all races marry each other also.  You’d think a guy who’s so worldly and experienced would know that…

The only thing that has changed is that our society will collectively say “it’s ok” but they know that they wouldn’t do the same.  For those that feel they have to integrate into a group that isn’t their own are going to experience the underlying tones that they do not fit in.  

Lol the irony is just dripping off of that last line.  You’re sooooo close!

That’s why Michael Sam didn’t have a career in the NFL.  And, that’s why Nassib leaving the league on his own terms is bound to happen too.  Publicizing someone like him is exactly what the NFL and the rest of mainstream media want to see on paper but mainstreaming someone like him in pro football will never come into fruition.  

I’d have love to heard your thoughts on black people in sports a few generations ago or women in the workplace a few decades ago. 😂 

If you feel you have to resort to calling me a bigot, that’s perfectly fine by me.  You have a First Amendment right to do that.  

No one needs to call you anything, you’re doing a fine job of forming those opinions on your own.

But, hear me out when I say that nobody else on this thread is going to be nearly as honest about the cold hard reality.  

*your* reality, not everyone’s.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Johnny Nix said:

Being gay isn’t a lifestyle choice.

1 minute ago, Johnny Nix said:

Individuals choose whether or not sexuality is their identity.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Dome said:

He specifically distinguished between the two groups in his first post. 

You probably didn’t read it because you already decided he was wrong.

You can’t go into it with an open mind if you don’t through your current opinions out the window. That’s literally what it means.

I literally said that I didn't think he's wrong and that the people he is referring to do exist. Talk about not reading because you decided someone was wrong. 

No it's not. If that was the case, no one would go into anything with an open mind unless it's something they have never looked into before. Having an open mind is knowing that you don't know everything and being open to being proven wrong. 

3 minutes ago, scar988 said:

Paradox of tolerance was explained on page 7.

Also, this idea that Christianity is against Homosexuality from the evangelical crowd is based on a mistranslated passage of Leviticus that says, "Man should not lay with a boy as if he were to lay with a woman, lest he be stoned." Which means, pedophilia is wrong. Has nothing to do with Homosexuality. 

Preaching on this site isn't allowed, so I'm gonna leave this as academic as possible. But as Jesus says, "Don't be a jerk. Love your neighbor." But I'm just paraphrasing, since I'm Jewish and I'm tired of people proselytizing where no one asked for it.

Very well said.

6 minutes ago, Johnny Nix said:

I mean, I hope you understand that American Society started this by defining certain sexualities a crime and mental disorder. 

Edited by animaltested
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, Johnny Nix said:

1) Sexuality isn't a choice. People are born with their orientation. Please research the Kinsey scale.

2) No, those people have done that themselves. Society has tried to normalize pronouns so that trans and non-binary people don't have to deal with as much bigotry.

• Like 3