Raiders DE Carl Nassib announces he's gay

RaidersAreOne

Just now, Mesa_Titan said:

I really don’t care what Nassib or any other other gay or whatever person does as long as it doesn’t affect me in my life. I’m just sick of the spectacle. It’s nonsense. You’re gay, cool. Next. 

As I explained earlier in the thread, the spectacle isn't for you. It's for the gay football playing 12 year old who is just realizing his sexuality and realizing he still can play football and be gay and SHOULD have no repercussions for it.

• Like 6

4 minutes ago, dtait93 said:

It’s not a matter of should or shouldn’t it’s a matter of what is. Sexuality is an extremely controversial topic. Idk how you could argue otherwise.

It’s not really though.

You’re either okay with someone’s own sexuality. Or you’re not, and you’re wrong.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, scar988 said:

Sure. But that's the one quoted most by Evangelicals.

If your son came out to you, you would love him regardless. And you would support him. And you would educate yourself.

Then it comes down to is it ok to be a gay Christian? Because that is a contradiction in itself. 

Just now, Johnny Nix said:

Then it comes down to is it ok to be a gay Christian? Because that is a contradiction in itself. 

I know quite a few gay people who are Christian and believe. They just belong to a church that understands that the laws of the time in the Christian church don't apply today. 

It isn't ok to be a gay evangelical, but there's bigger issues at play with the evangelical movement like racism and white supremacy.

• Like 1

16 pages of people lying about how "indifferent" they are. Some sins are so easily overlooked.

I just saw the video, and actually came in here to say I thought it was cool that after he said it his whole face lit up. I don't know what I expected. I guess this is better than it could've been.

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:
10 minutes ago, TENINCH said:

Gay Straight Trans White Black Green Yellow Orange Purple Lefties Righties

Love you all!

No offense is intended here, but this is one the more surprising stances by an individual poster in this thread for me personally.

Tip of the cap, truly.

You can tell he is lying because he said "Green/Yellow" and "Love" in a sentence that didnt end with something about burning down their stadium. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Malfatron said:

if something shouldnt be controversial, its the posters' fault who make it a controversial thing.

And to quote @dll2000 I want them to change

Again, your going back to should and shouldnts. It’s about what is. It’s a controversial topic period the end. I just find it hilarious we’re all banned from discussing “controversial topics” (ie race, religion, sex, politics) until now. Glaring double standard. Will the thread get locked if we continue this discussion into religion and morality? I mean who wouldn’t have known that’s where this discussion ultimately always leads. Or is that crossing the line that’s already been crossed?

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, scar988 said:

Sure. But that's the one quoted most by Evangelicals.

If your son came out to you, you would love him regardless. And you would support him. And you would educate yourself.

Speaking of 

Edited by TENINCH
  • Like 1

42 minutes ago, Dome said:

There are lots of times that people can be wrong for doing nothing.

A phrase I'm certain everyone has heard. “The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.” 

What kind of world would we live in if nobody was expected to stand up for each other? 

I'm only combative with the people who decide they need to come make it a point to talk about how they don't care. I don't care if those people feel attacked.

I'm being intolerant to people who are intolerant. I'll give myself a pass. 

I agree that there are times that doing nothing can be wrong. I'd be a fool not to. I also believe there are times where it isn't. In 2021, people seem to forget that part.

You're being combative to people based on your interpretation of what they say regardless of whether you're correct or not. You've admitted to being angry in this thread. I'd argue that clouds your judgement and that anyone else can also being dealing with any number of issues in their life today that would lead them to say "I don't care" about this.

You deciding what they mean is the issue. You're not a mind reader and certainly not qualified to tell others what they think or meant. This is another major problem in 2021. I am not denying that it's certainly possible that people are saying they don't care as a way to diminish Carl or have ill intent with those words. I am saying you're not qualified to make that call and neither am I. That's why I don't. If I want to know what someone means...I ask them.

That's called the tolerance paradox. 

It's food for thought. I won't derail the topic any further. 

Edited by Bullet Club
  • Like 5

9 minutes ago, Glen said:

It’s not really though.

You’re either okay with someone’s own sexuality. Or you’re not, and you’re wrong.

Sexuality isn’t a hot topic of discussion/debate? You must be living under a rock.

Anyways, by what moral standard are you calling something right and wrong?

9 minutes ago, Johnny Nix said:

No its not, not really. All Christians are pulled from the word of God and live in sin. ALL OF THEM. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Matts4313 said:

You can tell he is lying because he said "Green/Yellow" and "Love" in a sentence that didnt end with something about burning down their stadium. 

I have an appreciation for Packer fans. I'll give them crap which is why I'm banned for another 20 some days on FB but I really appreciate their history and the die hard fans that since in -30 degrees.