Raiders DE Carl Nassib announces he's gay

RaidersAreOne

15 minutes ago, Mesa_Titan said:

I really don’t care what Nassib or any other other gay or whatever person does as long as it doesn’t affect me in my life. I’m just sick of the spectacle. It’s nonsense. You’re gay, cool. Next. 

Not everything is about you dude

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, TENINCH said:

I have an appreciation for Packer fans. I'll give them crap which is why I'm banned for another 20 some days on FB but I really appreciate their history and the die hard fans that since in -30 degrees.

Is that the reason most Vikings fans want to burn down their stadium? To warm them up? 

22 minutes ago, animaltested said:

I mean, I hope you understand that American Society started this by defining certain sexualities a crime and mental disorder. 

I exist because my grandfather was caught in pharmacy school "engaging in homosexual activities."  He married my grandmother to prove he wasn't gay so he wouldn't be kicked out of school for it.

Thus trapping my grandmother and himself in a loveless marriage for decades which probably accelerated his mental disorders to the point where he was in and out of insane asylums leading to his eventual suicide.

And totally made a great childhood for my mom and her sisters.

But that's why things like this matter.

11 minutes ago, Johnny Nix said:

Then it comes down to is it ok to be a gay Christian? Because that is a contradiction in itself. 

Not if you're a non-bigoted Christian.

• Like 8

7 minutes ago, Mesa_Titan said:

I never said it was? 

Your expression in frustration is dripping in self-importance. Your desire for this situation to be "not be a spectacle" when it is an important step/ announcement for many, is completely self centered. Hence, not about you. 

Edited by animaltested
  • Like 4

3 minutes ago, Daniel said:

I exist because my grandfather was caught in pharmacy school "engaging in homosexual activities."  He married my grandmother to prove he wasn't gay so he wouldn't be kicked out of school for it.

Thus trapping my grandmother and himself in a loveless marriage for decades which probably accelerated his mental disorders to the point where he was in and out of insane asylums leading to his eventual suicide.

Man, so sorry, but yes, this is why stuff like this matters.

People literally choose to end their lives rather than to continue living a lie or face the persecution of others.

Carl Nassib is taking actionable steps to help people like that and should be commended for it.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Daniel said:

Not if you're a non-bigoted Christian.

Dannyboy, there is some joke material available in this post. But the post is so depressing I cant force myself to actually make them. 

5 minutes ago, Mesa_Titan said:

I never said it was? 

The 'spectacle' isn't for your benefit. It has no impact on your life. One of the reason Nassib decided to come out was to raise awareness of a charity that deals with suicide prevention for young gay people. He donated 100k himself. Seeing tolerance and acceptance of his decision to come out has a demonstrable filtering down impact on gay people in society. They feel more accepted and tolerated. Not everything in life is for your benefit or entertainment.

• Like 5

22 minutes ago, dtait93 said:

Again, your going back to should and shouldnts. It’s about what is. It’s a controversial topic period the end. I just find it hilarious we’re all banned from discussing “controversial topics” (ie race, religion, sex, politics) until now. Glaring double standard. Will the thread get locked if we continue this discussion into religion and morality? I mean who wouldn’t have known that’s where this discussion ultimately always leads. Or is that crossing the line that’s already been crossed?

maybe you should look inward and try to figure out why you are so offended by this topic.

• Like 4

54 minutes ago, dll2000 said:

100% of comments are in favor of homosexually or some say they are indifferent.   That is not surprising in least.   

That isn't because 100% of people agree or are in favor of it.  It is because people who disagree have either left, been chased off or are afraid to not support it for fear of attack and repercussions from the tolerant crowd.   They are silenced by fear.    

Who really has the power?  Can you be openly Christian with Christian pride and still post on this site?  

Let me elaborate that there is not hate here.  It is opposite of hate.   If I supported people lost in sin, then I would truly hate them because it means I don't care.  

I want them to change and be saved.

And, all of a sudden, here comes people with great sense and of sound mind to the thread.  

Welcome

Don’t ever stand back from touting your Christian faith.  

Most of the people here do not understand what you are saying, but you are right.  

Edited by RamblinMan99