Raiders DE Carl Nassib announces he's gay

RaidersAreOne

15 minutes ago, RamblinMan99 said:

And, all of a sudden, here comes people with great sense and of sound mind to the thread.  

Welcome

Don’t ever stand back from touting your Christian faith.  

Most of the people here do not understand what you are saying, but you are right.  

Lol no. Nobody cares if you or anyone else is Christian. You’re not being persecuted because someone disagrees with your worldview. That mentality is wild.

But I’m sure Starbucks has a red holiday cup that doesn’t explicitly mention Christmas that needs protesting. So your ire will always be in demand.

• Like 6

9 minutes ago, xenajets said:

Im a father of three. Business owner. Been all around the world. How much more life experience do I need to come into ‘your world’ and realise how life is like?! 

When he says “real world” he means his own specific echo chamber. So yes, I imagine there’s some truth in what he saying. People he associates with probably feel the same way he does.

I don’t have a problem with people being in echo chambers, but I do have a problem when they’re condescending and claiming to speak for “everybody” else.

• Like 3

Just now, DoleINGout said:

I'm gay and I appreciate this.

This is why Carl Nassib came out. For people like DNG who just want to live their lives and be themselves and have every right to do so. 

I accept you DNG. You're good peoples.

Just now, 1WngdAngel said:

So I was going to avoid commenting all together, but this struck me. It reminds me of the "To be silent is to be complicit" slogan that got thrown around last summer. I hated it then and I hate it now. It's an underhanded tactic that comes across as shaming someone into agreeing with you.

I have my own life, my own problems, and a family to worry about, I don't have to care about you or anyone else with your troubles and that does not make me or anyone else who takes that stance a bad person. This type of rhetoric just needs to stop as it just deepens any divide that was already there and pushes people away from the cause you're championing.

I'm not saying you're a bad person. But if someone is spouting hateful rhetoric around you, hitting them with a Samuel L Jackson STFU is something you should do to be a good person. Otherwise, you're just a neutral person.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

I 100% support him and hope it encourages others to come out as well (if they want). Hope he is treated equally and respected. 

With that said, hope people don’t call Mark Davis a homophobe when we cut him next year. It was already a unanimous fan decision that we all want him gone (before he came out). He was quite bad last year and eating a ton of salary cap. 

As an outsider looking in, but someone familiar with his game, he’s definitely overpaid.

I don’t think him being cut should be a surprise.

That said, we’ll see if he’s actually on a roster next season, because he is definitely good enough for that.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Bullet Club said:

There are dozens if not hundred of times I've been accused of something that had nothing to do with what I said and half the time people said that was transparent too.

Lol.

You’ve been accused hundreds of times? 

And you never once thought maybe you were the problem?

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, 1WngdAngel said:

So I was going to avoid commenting all together, but this struck me. It reminds me of the "To be silent is to be complicit" slogan that got thrown around last summer. I hated it then and I hate it now. It's an underhanded tactic that comes across as shaming someone into agreeing with you.

I have my own life, my own problems, and a family to worry about, I don't have to care about you or anyone else with your troubles and that does not make me or anyone else who takes that stance a bad person. This type of rhetoric just needs to stop as it just deepens any divide that was already there and pushes people away from the cause you're championing.

Thats exactly what our world needs, less empathy. 

I mean if someone saying "you should openly care about the wellbeing of your fellow citizen" is enough to "push you from the cause" you were never going to support the cause anyway. 

• Like 7

4 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

Just to balance things out, youth suicide is up across the board and especially in 'high risk' categories (poverty, broken homes, minorities, LBGTQ, etc). I read an article that suicidal thoughts were up to 25% amongst youth in 2020. Probably also has something to do with the pandemic.

Not to demean your point, because obviously LBGTQ is a high risk group and needs support. 

I think it’s 99% to do with the pandemic.

1% just natural increase.

• Like 2

Just now, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

As an outsider looking in, but someone familiar with his game, he’s definitely overpaid.

I don’t think him being cut should be a surprise.

That said, we’ll see if he’s actually on a roster next season, because he is definitely good enough for that.

He's legitimately better than a lot of the DL talent here in Atlanta. I wouldn't mind him here for depth.

1 minute ago, animaltested said:

Thats exactly what our world needs, less empathy. 

I mean if someone saying "you should openly care about the wellbeing of your fellow citizen" is enough to "push you from the cause" you were never going to support the cause anyway. 

personally i think it's very brave to admit that you're incapable of caring about both yourself and others, a skill most people develop during childhood

• Like 8

Just now, Dome said:

Lol.

You’ve been accused hundreds of times? 

And you never once thought maybe you were the problem?

It's weird, I don't think I've ever been accused of arguing in bad faith. I've been accused of being wrong a lot, and I've been wrong a lot more than that. But I don't think anyone has ever been so frustrated by the logic and how I presented it that they were left with no other conclusion that I'm lying.

Of course, this is all giving people the benefit of the doubt. When thousands of people spout "I'm indifferent" on twitter, people know what that is and what it means. Even if someone meant it sincerely, they'd correct when they realized that they inadvertently spouted a dog whistle.

6 minutes ago, DoleINGout said:

I'm gay and I appreciate this.

We talked about the this and the discussion restrictions of this forum a couple of years ago via PM and when webby lifted the restrictions last night you were the first person I thought of.

Happy for you my man.

• Like 3