Raiders DE Carl Nassib announces he's gay

RaidersAreOne

1 minute ago, scar988 said:

He's legitimately better than a lot of the DL talent here in Atlanta. I wouldn't mind him here for depth.

As a Titans fan, I am for any roster move that puts an additional Edge player on the open market.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, animaltested said:
6 minutes ago, 1WngdAngel said:

Thats exactly what our world needs, less empathy. 

I mean if someone saying "you should openly care about the wellbeing of your fellow citizen" is enough to "push you from the cause" you were never going to support the cause anyway. 

You’re spot on.

They probably never actually cared. They just wanted the “social currency” they gained from looking like they cared.

It’s like when Nike pretends to care about a cause.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:
19 minutes ago, -Hope- said:

ast year a trevor project survey indicated 40% of LGBT youth seriously considered suicide. 68% reported anxiety, 48% percent engaged in self-harm. suicide attempts increased in respondents who reported that they faced rejection or discrimination for their identities. we are talking about a direct link between child suicide and non-acceptance of LGBT folks, as recently as *last year,* and we still have people in here talking about how they don't want to hear it or it's not significant.

Just to balance things out, youth suicide is up across the board and especially in 'high risk' categories (poverty, broken homes, minorities, LBGTQ, etc). I read an article that suicidal thoughts were up to 25% amongst youth in 2020. Probably also has something to do with the pandemic.

Not to demean your point, because obviously LBGTQ is a high risk group and needs support. 

In 2019, their survey found that 18% of LGBT youth attempted suicide. It was 15% in 2020.

So flatly, no. You're wrong. As usual.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Malfatron said:

maybe you should look inward and try to figure out why you are so offended by this topic.

Me pointing out the inconsistencies of what can and can't be discussed doesn't mean I'm offended. Your just making stuff up. For example there were warnings and bans handed out for discussing Lebron James' politics, but now we can have a full blown thread on Carl Nassib's sexuality - even though both topics (politics and sex) were not allowed to be discussed. Maybe you should work on your comprehension before you go throwing out nonsense.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

It's weird, I don't think I've ever been accused of arguing in bad faith.

I’ve been accused of it when arguing football. Sometimes you’re on the ropes and gotta defend your guy. 

And every single time someone called me out for a bad faith argument, they were right. They’re really not that easy to hide.

And Homerism isn’t nearly the same as being Homophobic 

• Like 3

Just now, Dome said:

I’ve been accused of it when arguing football. Sometimes you’re on the ropes and gotta defend your guy. 

And every single time someone called me out for a bad faith argument, they were right. They’re really not that easy to hide.

And Homerism isn’t nearly the same as being Homophobic 

I mean, who hasn't had a bad faith argument that was based in homerism for one's team? I used to do it all the time with Michael Vick back in the day.

1 minute ago, dtait93 said:

Me pointing out the inconsistencies of what can and can't be discussed doesn't mean I'm offended. Your just making stuff up. For example there were warnings and bans handed out for discussing Lebron James' politics, but now we can have a full blown thread on Carl Nassib's sexuality - even though both topics (politics and sex) were not allowed to be discussed. Maybe you should work on your comprehension before you go throwing out nonsense.

All I know, is Webby said it was cool. So he probably meant, "keep it to this thread and we'll be fine."

• Like 1

Just now, dtait93 said:

But this isn’t about politics. Sexual orientation can be discussed in a positive way, politics can’t be discussed at all.

It’s not inconsistent to treat two different topics in a different way. They’re two different topics.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, scar988 said:

I mean, who hasn't had a bad faith argument that was based in homerism for one's team? I used to do it all the time with Michael Vick back in the day.

i spent years defending marcus mariota....rip sweet prince

• Like 5

5 minutes ago, dtait93 said:

As ET80 mentioned, Webby allowed this topic. Take it to PM with him if you have questions.

as dome mentioned, its not about politics.

If you have no specific issues with the conversation at hand, then maybe you can be done complaining about it. 

Edited by Malfatron
  • Like 3

11 minutes ago, fretgod99 said:

Nobody cares if you or anyone else is Christian. You’re not being persecuted because someone disagrees with your worldview.

I would say there is a growing movement among the internet-age youth that is anti established religion and has a pretty vocal crowd that deems people of religious as bad humans. If the numbers arent growing, they are definitely getting louder. Maybe that isnt persecution, but it is a form of bigotry. 

• Like 2