Raiders DE Carl Nassib announces he's gay

RaidersAreOne

Havent read this thread but regardless of anyone's opinions about the morality of homosexuality, gay people do exist, and I see no reason why anyone deserves to be treated poorly for this reason. 

After all, America is the land of the free and the home of the brave, is it not? What nassib did was very brave and he deserves to live his life however he chooses.

"god loves everyone except everyone who doesnt live their life within a little box" gimme a break. We are either all gods children or you are a hypocrite, there is no middle ground.   

• Like 1

Very late to the game here and had a tough time not commenting on older material in certain places, but I know it's not productive to respond to posts from many pages back

Thank you to those who have shown support, those who have defended the accepting and empathic viewpoint when it was questioned by some, and for the mod team for allowing a discussion to happen, even among a few unhealthy opinions

• Like 8

12 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Bro, if you get this thread locked I’m gonna hoof you in the kiwis.

challenge accepted. (joke)

Nah, for real though, I pm'd to find out what I did. Judging by the amount of likes and people responding favorably to my stances of:

A. Support Nassib

B. Support youth 

C. Support acceptance and love

D. Dont allow upbringing, religion or anything else to be an excuse for hate.

I feel like across the board I am not the one that would cause this thread to be locked. I will take any further conversations on how and why I got called out for the above stances with the moderation team. @TheKillerNacho => you mod this section. PM me and tell me where I am wrong. 

10 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

Nah, for real though, I pm'd to find out what I did. Judging by the amount of likes and people responding favorably to my stances of:

A. Support Nassib

B. Support youth 

I feel like across the board I am not the one that would cause this thread to be locked. I will take any further conversations on how and why I got called out for the above stances with the moderation team. @TheKillerNacho => you mod this section. PM me and tell me where I am wrong. 

I sent you a PM.   This will be the last time I ask you to stop derailing the topic to discuss forum administration.

From the forum rules - 

Do not debate or discuss forum administration on the forum.  If you have questions or comments about warnings, bans, rule violations, or any other forum administration issues, you may PM a moderator.  

10 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

A. Support Nassib

B. Support youth 

I haven't been following the thread since this morning because of work. But it seems Webby himself asked you to stop whatever you were doing in the last page. Maybe you should ask him, then.

Good for Carl. Homosexuality is seemingly pretty widely accepted nowadays in this country and the Western world, but it takes some courage to come out while playing in the NFL, I think.

Moral of the story and this thread:

giphy.gif

• Like 2

2 hours ago, 1WngdAngel said:

Now this I appreciate. I make no bones about the fact I abhor people as a collective group. They are easily startled and dangerous to anyone who doesn't agree with them. Individuals, however, are awesome and I would put anyone in there place that wanted to demean, insult, threaten, etc anyone else for who they were and I have.

Imho, and I'll preface this by saying it will likely come across as brutish perhaps, problems start to arise when someone wants to come at you for saying you don't care when the continued message from anyone coming out or attempting to shine a brighter light on a social issue is that these things shouldn't matter and just be accepted. I am literally saying that person "x" being gay, black, muslim, etc doesn't matter to me because it is not who they are. Who are you as an individual? Or you a good person? Being a member of a protected minority group doesn't factor into if someone is a good person or not. That is what I am saying when I say I don't care, but that's me and I don't pretend to be the voice of anyone else.

2 hours ago, Matts4313 said:

Boom, just hit you with your first like. I will forever be your first. 

You may want to get tested @1WngdAngel

• Like 4

I was thinking he was a prime candidate to get cut before yesterday, but looking at his contract, he manageable for 2021. There's an out after 2022. The dead cap is high to cut him.

YEAR   AGE BASE SALARY WORKOUT RESTRUCTURE MISC. CAP HIT DEAD CAP YEARLY CASH  
2020 Contract details by year 27 $7,500,000 - - $250,000 $7,750,000 $13,250,000 $7,750,000($7,750,000)  
2021 Contract details by year 28 $3,500,000 $250,000 $1,150,000 - $4,900,000 $9,250,000 $9,500,000($17,250,000)  

POTENTIAL OUT: 2022, 2 YR, $17,250,000; $4,600,000 DEAD CAP

2022 Contract details by year 29 $7,750,000 $250,000 $1,150,000 - $9,150,000 $4,600,000 $8,000,000($25,250,000)

1 minute ago, MikeT14 said:

I was thinking he was a prime candidate to get cut before yesterday, but looking at his contract, he manageable for 2021. There's an out after 2022. The dead cap is high to cut him.

YEAR   AGE BASE SALARY WORKOUT RESTRUCTURE MISC. CAP HIT DEAD CAP YEARLY CASH  
2020 Contract details by year 27 $7,500,000 - - $250,000 $7,750,000 $13,250,000 $7,750,000($7,750,000)  
2021 Contract details by year 28 $3,500,000 $250,000 $1,150,000 - $4,900,000 $9,250,000 $9,500,000($17,250,000)  

POTENTIAL OUT: 2022, 2 YR, $17,250,000; $4,600,000 DEAD CAP

2022 Contract details by year 29 $7,750,000 $250,000 $1,150,000 - $9,150,000 $4,600,000 $8,000,000($25,250,000)

The cynic in me will abstain. That is an absurd overpay.