Raiders DE Carl Nassib announces he's gay

RaidersAreOne

7 minutes ago, scar988 said:

I mean at a certain point, I just say LGBT+ because I can't remember all the letters and it's easier. And I consider myself an Ally, but it's just too many different things to remember.

5 minutes ago, JohnChimpo said:

There’s a Q in there somewhere, but don’t ask me what it stands for.

Q= Queer

I = Intersexual (having biological difference from a typical male or female)

A = Asexual (absence of sexual attraction)

17 minutes ago, Mesa_Titan said:

Social justice reigns supreme. Get out of here with your opinions!

What happened in your life that makes "social justice" something you contempt and ridicule as opposed to something that is positive?

• Like 5

14 minutes ago, Mesa_Titan said:

I already said a few times that I care about the spectacle. I do not care about him coming out as gay. 
I also have a problem with how people think it’s so incredibly brave to be a multi millionaire set up for life to come out as gay in 2021. If only you’d ever seen actual true bravery. 😂

And we’re back to the fact that not everything is about you.

80% of LGBT youth say that their life is positively impacted by celebrities coming out as gay, because the representation matters.

But go ahead and cry more about the spectacle that got a quarter million dollars raised to support a charity that actively works to prevent those same kids from taking their own lives.

• Like 8

1 minute ago, Mesa_Titan said:

Tell you what? About actual bravery? Just ask Caitlyn Jenner. Bravest woman on earth. 

I figured you had tales of the keyboard wars of 2011 or something lame of that nature.

But sadly no, just the same pathetic joke.

• Like 5

Just now, pwny said:

And we’re back to the fact that not everything is about you.

80% of LGBT youth say that their life is positively impacted by celebrities coming out as gay, because the representation matters.

But go ahead and cry more about the spectacle that got a quarter million dollars raised to support a charity that actively works to prevent those same kids from taking their own lives.

This. 

I don't see why it's difficult to comprehend. 

I'm straight. My general demeanor and profile is so straight that my gay friends even joke about it. 

And I get coffee from the same gas station every day on my way into the office. It's mud sludge, but gets the job done. The attendant is a gay guy who also knows I'm a I'm a Raiders fan.

This morning, when I went in, amongst the fallout of Carl Nassib's announcement, my coffee still tasted like mud sludge. But that attendant couldn't wait to bring up how cool he thought it was that the first open player was a Raider (he's a Saints fan, himself). 

My life was totally unaffected, but he had something to talk or feel good or hopeful about. I don't know the extent of the impact it will have on his life other than it's a positive one and it cost me nothing. What's so hard to get about that?

• Like 6

1 minute ago, Tk3 said:

omg, an ignore feature exists? My life is about to get a whole lot better

I just went to his profile and didn't see the option.. can someone help me?

go to your own profile settings, then "ignored users" and you can enter usernames from there.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Webmaster said:

Stop the bickering.  Stay on topic.  Keep your comments on Nassib or don’t post  Use the ignore feature instead of arguing.

You’re right. This topic is about Carl Nassib and how he bravely came out.

My apologizes old friend. No more bickering from me.

2 minutes ago, Tk3 said:

I’ve ignored all of you in the NSFL. All except swoosh.

• Like 1

The money he, the NFL and everyone else who chose to donate to The Trevor Project in response to this being a big national story is going to do a ton to make sure we can save the lives of some of the most at risk youth out there. And that’s just incredible and something to celebrate.

• Like 7

8 minutes ago, Tk3 said:

Just hover over a persons name and it will show up. 

Cant ignore mods tho