Raiders DE Carl Nassib announces he's gay

RaidersAreOne

2 minutes ago, ET80 said:

It's actually great, thanks for asking. This thread has been a challenge, but this has been the most educational and fulfilling thread I've been a part of - challenges and all. 

I've learned a lot, no lie.

I definitely think it’s been worth the effort you’ve had to put in. 😂 

Edited by LETSGOBROWNIES
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Matts4313 said:

Imma go sign up and trade the Eagles Wentz back. You will never rid yourself of me. Herpes last forever... Wait a minute. 

I’d just be happy if you could get a mock going this time of year. Place is a ghost town right now 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

I thought this thread would be a trap for bans when people said what he did. No dice. A little surprising tbh. 

It’s been nice being able to discuss something substantial for a change.

Sure, there’s been some contentious posts, but we have those in pretty much every thread.

Very few have been disrespectful or egregious.

• Like 4

15 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

Why are you pulling 11 hour old quotes to bring up false arguments? 

And perhaps I "defended" (lol) a couple posters because a few of you are being jerks and ostracizing "allies" as you call it. But either way - quit pulling up old post in attempts to make me argue with you. You know I cant block you any more so you are just pestering me. 

Oh, I'm sorry. Some of us go to bed during the night. I'm sorry you're being held accountable for something you said not even a half day ago, while you continue to make the same argument just worded differently even right now. 

Perhaps you defended? Are you for real? The last day and a half, at least half of your posts have been defending their honor. Even the post that I specifically asked you to tell me your thoughts without defending their honor, you still found a way to shoehorn it in. And then nearly the entire other half has been combative and telling the LGBT+ voices and those arguing alongside them that they're being bullies.

And no, I won't stop arguing with you so long as you continue to argue these points. If you'd like someone to stop arguing with you, perhaps consider stopping parroting the point that they are arguing with. 

9 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

2. The posters who said they dont judge by sexuality werent technically wrong by definition, but their phrasing could be better. I, personally, didnt said "I dont care" in regards to Nassib- but I understood the difference in what that phrase could mean. 

3. The anger in this thread by people proposing better communication is annoying and should lead to self reflection. What they are doing is labeling and bullying others whom share in similar beliefs. 

It's absolutely wild that you can't see how you should actually be directing point 3 at the people you are mentioning in point 2. Somehow it's super important for you to only worry about intent for group 2 and excuse their anger as a righteous response to being called out, but judge group 3 based not on intent, but on the environment they foster and the fact that they're being upset about being marginalized. Our entire point about group 2 is the literal thing you're complaining about in group 3.

1 minute ago, pwny said:

Oh, I'm sorry. Some of us go to bed during the night. I'm sorry you're being held accountable for something you said not even a half day ago, while you continue to make the same argument just worded differently even right now. 

You responded to my post 11 hours ago. This is you just following me around like a lost puppy dog and pestering me. Im not going to feed you, go home. 

1 minute ago, pwny said:

Perhaps you defended? Are you for real? The last day and a half, at least half of your posts have been defending their honor.

More like combating you being a jerk, but lets not nitpick.

1 minute ago, pwny said:

Even the post that I specifically asked you to tell me your thoughts without defending their honor, you still found a way to shoehorn it in. And then nearly the entire other half has been combative and telling the LGBT+ voices and those arguing alongside them that they're being bullies.

Just a couple of you. Hive mind is a real thing though. Even our glorious forum admin can be subject to it. 

1 minute ago, pwny said:

And no, I won't stop arguing with you so long as you continue to argue these points. If you'd like someone to stop arguing with you, perhaps consider stopping parroting the point that they are arguing with. 

Im not arguing you, how can you not see it. I conceded the one point about phraseology a long time ago. You keep acting like I am doing something I am not. Leave me alone. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Johnny Nix said:

Crazy some of things said in here about other posters that are being left alone. But I guess that doesn’t surprise me in today’s day and age where tolerance only exists when you agree with the mob. 

To my knowledge not a single person has been banned or given a warning for content they posted in this thread, including people with some absolutely atrocious takes.

Isnt this a perfect example of the incorrectly applied “free speech” so many folks who aren’t apart of said mob seem to want?

• Like 5

5 minutes ago, pwny said:

It's absolutely wild that you can't see how you should actually be directing point 3 at the people you are mentioning in point 2. Somehow it's super important for you to only worry about intent for group 2 and excuse their anger as a righteous response to being called out, but judge group 3 based not on intent, but on the environment they foster and the fact that they're being upset about being marginalized. Our entire point about group 2 is the literal thing you're complaining about in group 3.

Perhaps I hold you to a higher standard than others who say things like "Stick with your tribe". Maybe I asked to much from you. 

Just now, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

To my knowledge not a single person has been banned or given a warning for content they posted in this thread, including people with some absolutely atrocious takes.

Isnt this a perfect example of the incorrectly applied “free speech” so many folks who aren’t apart of said mob seem to want?

There’s a difference between posting takes and attacking others...

• Like 1

1 minute ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Im curious as to who (or what?) constitutes the mob? I get the "mob" is directly tied to the participants - but in this context, I would like your perspective.

Just now, Matts4313 said:

Im curious as to who (or what?) constitutes the mob? I get the "mob" is directly tied to the participants - but in this context, I would like your perspective.

If you want me to take the bait, you’re going to have to hide it better than that.  I think you can read between the lines.

3 minutes ago, pwny said:

It's absolutely wild that you can't see how you should actually be directing point 3 at the people you are mentioning in part 2. Somehow it's super important for you to only worry about intent for group 2 and excuse their anger as a righteous response to being called out, but judge group 3 based not on intent, but on the environment they foster and the fact that they're being upset about being marginalized. 

Unless I missed it I don't think Matts is judging the marginalized group.  I think he's judging folks who in his view are overzealously white-knighting for that group in a way that's actually counter productive to the cause and only serves to make them feel better about themselves while alienating other people with similarly good intentions. 

I have too much of a life to dig into the specifics here but there's a difference. 

• Like 6