Joe Thomas confirmed torn triceps out for the year

sdrawkcab321

I make my linemen watch Youtube clips of Thomas just to show how consistent technique will take you a long way. I personally don't think he is done, but I do think we draft his replacement. Now just a reminder to some of you, he won't be as good as Joe was so don't freak out.

5 hours ago, MWil23 said:

I'm honestly worried that he may call it a career. Joe Thomas is the exact type of player who will retire if he can't play at a certain level. All the best as a person first and a player second during your recovery Joe.

....and as sad as it would make me, I'd be completely OK with that.  He's given a decade + to a team that couldn't get it's act together other than to pencil him in as the starting left tackle.  He deserves to make whatever decision he chooses.

4 minutes ago, AkronsWitness said:

Why do people think he is going to retire? Hes only a 10 year veteran. I hear people speaking like he is in his 15th year and is 36.

He still has 3-5 good years of football left.

He's made plenty of money playing, and has interests off the field. He's also smart enough to see what happens to guys who play too long. 

He's a Hall of Famer whether or not he comes back, so why diminish his greatness by coming back and playing below that level?

I'll be happy if he does give it a go, but the recovery will give him a lot of time to consider other options.

7 minutes ago, ditchdigger said:

He's made plenty of money playing, and has interests off the field. He's also smart enough to see what happens to guys who play too long. 

He's a Hall of Famer whether or not he comes back, so why diminish his greatness by coming back and playing below that level?

I'll be happy if he does give it a go, but the recovery will give him a lot of time to consider other options.

He could do many other things. He would be an amazing broadcaster. 

either decision wouldn't surpise me. But I listened to an interview and he truly identifies himself as a football player. It wouldn't surpise me if he couldn't give it away. 

Archived