F9 (2021)

seminoles1

19 minutes ago, 43M said:

Secondly, I havent watched Infinity War for awhile, so Im not sure what you're referring to with the way youve so....eloquently...explained it.

Pretty sure he is referring to Vision dying. But I am not involved, keep holding me back!

Alexa Bliss Braun Strowman GIF - AlexaBliss BraunStrowman TeamLittleBig GIFs

8 minutes ago, 43M said:

First off, I never said there weren't issues with numerous MCU movies.  There inarguably are.

Secondly, I havent watched Infinity War for awhile, so Im not sure what you're referring to with the way youve so....eloquently...explained it.

I just think its silly to take one small part and nitpick it like its some huge glaring plothole....which the FF series is rather notorious for.

There is case to be made here....but Ill give it to you since its not explained one way or another.

I havent seen F9, but....seriously?   The entire FF franchise is built around that.   

You can name and list every issue with the MCU and I will probably agree with you in most cases....but the Furious franchise is a laughable mess from top to bottom when it comes to defying rules and logic.

5-8 were beyond horrible. And Im a mega car guy. Couldnt stand those. I originally said

15 hours ago, PARROTHEAD said:

I went in with little hope and zero expectations.

Which I did. But this one. I dont know. I kinda got into the story flow and enjoyed the freshness the magnet scenes provided. Because Im not aware of such being done before. Something new in relation to movies is a rare find and I like how they pulled it off.

Ive probably seen less than 20 movies since the turn of the century. Less than 5 in theaters. Mainly because everything has been done. The hero always overcomes the odds and movies are stuck finding new ways for heros to accomplish this feat. Which 99% of the time is ridiculous. But this magnet thing. I dug it. Ridiculous or not. It was fresh, enjoyed waiting to see what they did with it next and what else they could come up with. Far fetched and whatnot else. Most fun I had watching a movie since Old School. Which. Yeah. Is sad. But oh well. Im just not a movie person.

4 hours ago, PARROTHEAD said:

Theres only a couple spots where things get really outrageous. One KMAX mentioned. And the car rope swing shown in the commercials. The rest wernt as over-the-top as the previous couple flicks had been. And the magnet section I thought an actual fresh idea which they worked pretty well. Plus the storyline, for what it was, which was nothing special. But things actually made sense in relation. Unlike any other superhero tale put out the past decade.

Like I said. Anyone that can follow along the level of idiocy and nonsense such tales as Infinity Wars or the likes provides. Should be looking at this story as Gone With The Wind or Shawshank Redemption in comparison.

Yeah, this is all wrong. There are more cringeworthy, laughable scenes in the movie than the entire MCU. You must be pulling our chain, like Dom did, in a fashion that made the entire theater burst out laughing.

Just now, PARROTHEAD said:

Which 5 MCU moments made you truly feel sad while watching them? - Quora

"Oh Boo Hoo I gotta take out my lover. Lowes is closed so cant pick up a new one. Why couldnt this happen during their business hours?!"

Like I said. F9 wasnt great. But Dom has yet to hump a Dodge. So at least it has that going for it.

Are you jealous of a fictional character?  What is going on here?  

Love the FF series.  1-8, H&S, i can rewatch them all and they never get old.  And you can't even shame me about it.  Your opinion doesn't affect my love for this series.  It's my favorite series of all time.  The 4-5-6 run flows so well, each building on each other.  It's great stuff.

But this movie, i did not love.  They tried to do too much.  It's really two movies crammed into one.  They could have easily made an entire movie out of the Dom/Cena backstory.  Call it FF8.5.  Then this movie could have been a tidy 1h45m flick, maybe 2 hrs, without all the exposition.  And it would have felt more organic.  Instead i kept thinking - how does none of this come up until the 10th movie of the franchise!?  Every scene where they had to explain something just took me out of the movie.  Plus the scene where Dom beats the driver that killed his dad; it didn't fit the explanation and description in FF1 given by Dom.  I didn't like that rewrite.  At all.

Anyway, this is probably my least favorite of the series.  Still liked it enough, and i'll own it and re-watch it eventually.  And i'll still see the last two with Vin Diesel.  But i was hoping for more.

Rankings

1. FF5
  2. FF4
  3. FF1
  4. FF6
  5. FF7
  6. H&S
  7. FF8
  8. FF2
  9. FF3
  10. FF9

2 hours ago, PARROTHEAD said:

Which 5 MCU moments made you truly feel sad while watching them? - Quora

"Oh Boo Hoo I gotta take out my lover. Lowes is closed so cant pick up a new one. Why couldnt this happen during their business hours?!"

Like I said. F9 wasnt great. But Dom has yet to hump a Dodge. So at least it has that going for it.

Such a bad take lol

• Like 1