Posted (edited)
On 6/28/2021 at 11:31 AM, PARROTHEAD said:

Theres only a couple spots where things get really outrageous. One KMAX mentioned. And the car rope swing shown in the commercials. The rest wernt as over-the-top as the previous couple flicks had been.

Were we even watching the same movie? It's WAY more ridiculous than the last couple of movies. The previous films, while not the most realistic or believable, at least had FRAGMENTS of believability in them. You could look at the car-tower stunt in Furious 7 and be like "well, he could pull that off if he got it up fast enough". This movie has NONE like that.

Even if you mean F8 and Hobbs & Shaw, it still has them beat by a wide margin. When 

Spoiler

guys outrun a dozen guys shooting at them in a straight line, overpower 10 guys at once and drag a roof of a building onto them, latch a rope from a broken bridge onto their car that somehow carries them across a mountain, take dozens of bullets that don’t graze them, survive a shytload of cars hurled at them from a satellite, send a car into space that somehow obliterates the satellite and they get out without a scratch (to which they even joke about how their invincibility might be coming to an end, only to refute themselves), etc.

I have 0 reason to get invested in anything that happens because you know they're gonna survive everything they throw at them without a scratch. That's so far past the point of believability that it makes even F8 and H&S look grounded in comparison, and that's all just off the top of my head. There's plenty more absolutely ridiculous stunts like these that have 0 basis in reality. I didn't believe a single frame of what was happening.

Edited by KManX89
On 7/4/2021 at 11:21 AM, Breesus mode said:

After sending a iteral car to space, I'm not sure what more they could do to up the ante in terms of ridiculousness. 

Guess the producers/writers/director didn't get the hint that it was just a meme not meant to be taken seriously.

1 minute ago, KManX89 said:

After sending a iteral car to space, I'm not sure what more they could do to up the ante in terms of ridiculousness. 

Guess the producers/writers/director didn't get the hint that it was just a meme not meant to be taken seriously.

Ancient Aliens | Know Your Meme

2 hours ago, Deadpulse said:

Ancient Aliens | Know Your Meme

Sadly, I could see this happening. If I'd have said "F&F is going to space, bruh" after Tokyo Drift or even F5 came out, you'd have said I was batshyt crazy, but here we are.

And that's not really a spoiler at this point since it was in the effing trailer.

How big of a role do you think they'll give Brian O'Connor in the last 2 movies?

Will they still keep him on the sideline, only hinting at him? Will they not push their luck and only have a quick cameo using Walker's brothers and CGI at the absolute finale of 11 like they did for the ending of Furious 7? Or will they go all out and bring him back with similar (and hopefully improved) technology as Rogue One with Peter Cushing over a good portion of the last 2?

22 hours ago, TENINCH said:

Should have ended the franchise here

Probably.  8 was meh, and 9 (i hate to say it) wasn't very good at all.  

I was thinking about this the other day.  If i were re-write 9, this is how i'd go at it.

Cast Cena or not, doesn't matter.  But get rid of the Dom's brother angle.  It feels forced and is a major retcon.  I like revisiting Dom's past angle, but instead of writing in a brother, use Cena as the janitor's kid.  He grows up resenting Dom because of the beating he put on his Dad.  

So then Cipher, after F8, runs into and recruits Cena to exact some revenge on Dom.  

Get rid of the destruction of the planet device.  Simplify the plot.  Just have Cipher go after Dom again.  Make it a chase movie.  Don't bring back Han.  Leave Mr. Nobody out of it.  

And if they're intent on making F10, then at the conclusion Dom manages to get away while also getting rid of Cena.  F10 can then be about Dom going on the offensive and finally getting rid of Cipher.