Demaryius Thomas retires

Even with his average hands, he’s still one of the top 3 best Broncos receivers of all time. It’s a shame he had to fight through a torn labrum in his hip for several years. I feel like that robbed him of at least a couple more years. 

• Like 1

So strange that he was soo good for that 4-5 year stretch and then basically never heard from again. Its crazy a player who was that good in his prime essentially only played 7 seasons of football and retired only 10 years after he was drafted. Wild, wild, wild.

• Like 1
3 hours ago, AkronsWitness said:

So strange that he was soo good for that 4-5 year stretch and then basically never heard from again. Its crazy a player who was that good in his prime essentially only played 7 seasons of football and retired only 10 years after he was drafted. Wild, wild, wild.

So here's the story with him: He partially tore the labrum in his hip during the 2015 season. Instead of getting it fixed, he opted to play through it which caused it to worsen over the 2016 and 2017 seasons (where you can see a notable drop off in his stats). After the 2017 season he switched over to an anti inflammatory diet in an attempt to keep playing. But for some reason his new diet appeared to cost him a LOT of muscle mass. No longer his usual hulking self, he was never the same player. What I never understood is why they didn't just shut him down and have it repaired. Yeah, he would have been down for a season, but we sucked during that stretch anyway. At least he could have played healthy again instead of limping his way though those last few years. Sad.

• Like 1

He had a fantastic career. His body language was terrible and his hands were frustrating at times, but boy, what a player in his prime.

I love athletes that just don't even look like they are trying, out running others who look like they are running for their lives. An effortless athlete that despite limping after every catch, was a warrior for us.

I never thought he would have a longer career because even though he had god given physical talent, I thought once he lost that, he would struggle immensely and he did. Not taking anything away from him though, he was a man amongst boys for about a 5 year stretch. Nothing to be ashamed of. Thanks for everything DT. You are beloved by all Broncos Fans.

God, it feels like we just picked the guy a week ago. Time flies.

• Like 1
On 7/2/2021 at 9:54 PM, BullsandBroncos said:

I never thought he would have a longer career because even though he had god given physical talent, I thought once he lost that, he would struggle immensely and he did. Not taking anything away from him though, he was a man amongst boys for about a 5 year stretch. Nothing to be ashamed of. Thanks for everything DT. You are beloved by all Broncos Fans.

God, it feels like we just picked the guy a week ago. Time flies.

Right?! I remember being sooo excited that we drafted him. Not just the fact that we needed a WR, but more excited that we DIDN’T draft Dez or Tim Tebow (though that particular joy was soon squashed)

• Like 3
5 hours ago, broncos_fan _from _uk said:

Right?! I remember being sooo excited that we drafted him. Not just the fact that we needed a WR, but more excited that we DIDN’T draft Dez or Tim Tebow (though that particular joy was soon squashed)

I still remember a gal I was infatuated with calling me at a CVS because her car died it does feel like yesterday

Absolute brilliant player for us. At his peak he really was one of the best WR's in the league.

Always entertaining to watch too. Thanks for the memories DT and all the best whatever he decides to do in future.