Who is the "next big superstar"?

Tk3

5 minutes ago, Starless said:

We shall see. FWIW I don't think him starting out of the gate is even a prerequisite. He could come in at midseason and blow the doors off the league the way Marino did. 

Also, I don't even necessarily think Lance will be a huge success in the NFL. I'm just saying that he has the most chips stacked in his favor to be the next 'face of the league' if he does. 

Fair enough.

Lance just seems like he needs work to me.   Fortunately, he went to the right team.   Feels similar to Mahomes situation coming out.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, 43M said:

Fair enough.

Lance just seems like he needs work to me.   Fortunately, he went to the right team.   Feels similar to Mahomes situation coming out.

Oh, he definitely needs work. But so does every rookie QB. Lance's advantage seems to be that he's very intelligent and adaptable. My biggest concern with him pre-draft was his weird footwork. But if he can iron that out, he has the potential to be very good. 

For Defense, a guy like Quinnen Williams could explode onto the scene soon enough. He'll be 23 Y/O this season(within that 20-23/24 range you can still see guys take big leaps athletically), adding Saleh to the mix will only help him, as will an offense that should be able to score more than the abysmal 15 PPG they average in 2020, and he's in the New York market. 

I don't think a dominant season that solidifies him as an U25 Superstar DI is out of the question.

Ryan Fitzpatrick for at least 1 half of a game.

Jokes aside:

Darren Waller, DK Metcalf, Johnathan Taylor, Shaq Barrett, and one of Buffalo's RBs are my guesses. 

The first 3 are a bit obvious. 

Barrett, I think, becomes a sack monster with how he's used. 

Eventually, one of the Bills RBs is going to take the reigns and become a household name in that offense. 

Edited by ronjon1990
  • Like 1

Matthew Stafford, if he lights it up like he can but on a playoff caliber team a lot of the narrative around Stafford would change. I could see Stafford year 2 with the Rams heading into 2022 as the superstar "old" QB .

You've either got to be very loud and great at a non-QB position in a small market, a great skill position player in a big market, a very good QB, or a QB in a big market to be a "superstar". As good as guys like Quenton Nelson and Jaire Alexander are, they will never be "superstars". 

Trey Lance is a great shout out. I think Joe Burrow is almost guaranteed to be the next superstar though, as long as he stays healthy. He's got a calm but big personality, was on a huge stage in college, and is a pretty damn good player. I think regardless of the coaching situation there in Cinci, he is poised to be a superstar.

Besides Trey Lance, the next big opportunities are in NY with Daniel Jones and Zach Wilson. If either one of them plays well in the next 2 years and their team starts winning, you won't hear the end of it. That's just the way it works in NY.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, minutemancl said:

Besides Trey Lance, the next big opportunities are in NY with Daniel Jones and Zach Wilson. If either one of them plays well in the next 2 years and their team starts winning, you won't hear the end of it. That's just the way it works in NY.

Jones has a shot if he gets A LOT better.

Wilson, I think, is pretty instantly unlikable, so it's gonna be tough to market him. 

26 minutes ago, Starless said:

Jones has a shot if he gets A LOT better.

Wilson, I think, is pretty instantly unlikable, so it's gonna be tough to market him. 

Baker Mayfield was pretty unlikeable as well and I think he still had some moderate success in being marketed in Cleveland (he's gotten better / more likeable based on some of his randomness... The mustache thing was funny and the pop culture line drops in interviews thing is pretty endearing)