Who is the "next big superstar"?

Tk3

I don’t think any rookie or second year QB has shown enough yet to get to that superstar level, obviously the rookies haven’t shown anything yet. I want to see some consistency over a couple seasons. For this I’m going with Josh Allen, many would say he’s there already but if he comes back down I don’t think he’s at that level. If he replicates what he did last year I think that firmly puts him at the superstar level. 

On 7/1/2021 at 11:18 PM, Forge said:

That entire situation just worries the hell out of me

Multiple teams saw something differently than Chicago, including my team who decided to go with Sam Darnold and, just as damningly, the Broncos who decided on Drew Lock.  Then again, that also happened to Mahomes.  It's going to be interesting.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, EvilenFroggen said:

It seems when we anoint rookie QBs who play great, they typically suffer a sophomore slump.  When the third year hits, we see who they are or at least who they are going to be.

Never forget this was written after his rookie year.  

I agree to an extent. But RG3 got injured and then played through it, making it worse. If the coaches would have sat him to let him heal like they should have, he may still be starting today.

1 minute ago, kingseanjohn said:

I agree to an extent. But RG3 got injured and then played through it, making it worse. If the coaches would have sat him to let him heal like they should have, he may still be starting today.

Maybe, but it was way too early to write a book about him transcending the position into something new. 

On 7/1/2021 at 9:03 AM, scar988 said:

I don't know man. That's the thing with Fields. He has the mental processing to do really well really early. He knows who his primary option is before every play based on coverage. People get annoyed and say he can't read the defense because he goes with who the No. 1 read is, but if his No. 1 read is open, why wouldn't he throw there? I think he'll see a lot of that with Chicago's offense early on until teams adjust. I think Allen Robinson is primed for a big year of at least 1300 yards and 6 TDs too.

Just curious - where are you getting this? Because as an OSU fan I watched every game - and snap - he played and this is not the case IMO.

He's gotten banged up in both his seasons by college players - so running has to be more like Russell Wilson and less like Murray for him to make it through a season.

He took too many sacks and that was with a top 3 WR corps in the country both years - and often times with good protection.

I think that like most college QBs he will struggle immensely reading defenses, and I think between his propensity to get banged up, holding the ball too long and being drafted by the Bears - very high chance that he's a bust.