Who is the "next big superstar"?

Tk3

• 2 weeks later...
11 hours ago, KlenlyKenny said:

I think Josh Allen is. He's playing lights out football in Buffalo and has everybody clicking. I think he's the next big superstar, if they make the playoffs this upcoming season I can see his career going very well. 

I think the addition of Emmanuel Sanders is very underrated right now and should help Allen improve even more next year. Sanders had 61 rec, 730 yards, 5 TDs last year on that Saints team so those numbers should balloon next season in Buffalo. Allen thrives with quick, shifty route runners so the trio of route running between Stefon Diggs, Cole Beasley and Emmanuel Sanders is going to be hard to cover + a WR #4 in Gabriel Davis.  

Not too mention it's the same OL and same OC so hopefully you're right and he makes even another leap. 

I think there's an outside chance Rashan Gary becomes a superstar. More than likely he will just be "really good", but his efficiency metrics were outstanding last season and he's primed to explode with more opportunity, especially if he's having a really good off-season.

So he's a name to keep an eye on.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

We don't even know what college team he plays for yet.

Mahomes will be the face and talent of the league for at least another 6 or 7 years, and that's a conservative prediction (it could very well be 10+ years). Any 'superstar' pales in comparison to Mahomes unless Lawrence somehow has a bigger arm, is a better runner and is more accurate - but I doubt it. He doesn't have a Hill or Kelce to compliment him.

6 hours ago, BigTrav said:

We don't even know what college team he plays for yet.

Mahomes will be the face and talent of the league for at least another 6 or 7 years, and that's a conservative prediction (it could very well be 10+ years). Any 'superstar' pales in comparison to Mahomes unless Lawrence somehow has a bigger arm, is a better runner and is more accurate - but I doubt it. He doesn't have a Hill or Kelce to compliment him.

No, but he does have a DJ Chark, a Laviska Shenault, and a Marvin Jones.  Jags are not struggling at receiver.

2 hours ago, Daniel said:

No, but he does have a DJ Chark, a Laviska Shenault, and a Marvin Jones.  Jags are not struggling at receiver.

ETN is going to be a mismatch nightmare.

Trevor has the weapons, just have to keep him upright. Our T’s have to step up, or they need to play Walker Little.

On 7/6/2021 at 8:10 PM, FrantikRam said:

Just curious - where are you getting this? Because as an OSU fan I watched every game - and snap - he played and this is not the case IMO.

He's gotten banged up in both his seasons by college players - so running has to be more like Russell Wilson and less like Murray for him to make it through a season.

He took too many sacks and that was with a top 3 WR corps in the country both years - and often times with good protection.

I think that like most college QBs he will struggle immensely reading defenses, and I think between his propensity to get banged up, holding the ball too long and being drafted by the Bears - very high chance that he's a bust.

Dont agree with this take at all, this take suggests he doesn't have any upside to improve. A) He actually excelled reading defenses for the most part at the college level (so much that he was often times over confident in his abilities and waited for a specific route to come open and took unnecessary sacks as well as being over confident in his OL which was damn good, the Bears will naturally get him adjusted to the speed of the game) B) I don't think he has any more propensity to get banged up than any other QB in his class, all of his injuries were freak situations, he wasn't some reckless player looking for contact like you suggest. 

Also, based off of those two assessments you think he busts? (As if the team hasn't broken him down to a T and hasn't already come up with a play for success at the NFL level?) come on.....

On 7/7/2021 at 12:31 PM, chiefs82 said:

Going with my guy, Joe Burreaux. He’s got his weapons now. Chase/Higgins/Boyd. He plays in a tough division and if he plays great then he’s gonna be that dude we talk about making that 2nd year leap

But a horrible OL....And from what I heard, the offense is struggling because of it. The Bengals easily could have taken Sewell and offered Zeitler a decent contract (who used to play for the Bengals) and it would have been a world of a difference to the team. Sure Chase/Higgins/Boyd look good on paper, but the game is won in the trenches, or the team will be extremely predictable nickel and diming their way down the field in which DBs will be squatting on routes knowing he wont be beat deep. I fear Burrow is going to be the Bengals version of Tim Couch (A really good QB who never fulfilled his potential because of his OL was terrible)