Around the NFL

tonyto36

12 hours ago, mcmurtry86 said:

Not going to heat up with Patricia and senile Belichick at the helm, right?

As for heating up - the schedule gets difficult and it's unlikely they get through continuing to avoid major injuries (especially on offense). 6-3 down the stretch seems a little more likely to me than 7-2 or better. They're 5-2 with near perfect health on offense playing mediocre or bad teams. The increased cohesiveness on D can only go so far.

Still like their chances to get to the Super Bowl but it's going to be a tough, ugly road this year

They're 5-2 in spite of playing 5 of 7 games against teams that are currently in the playoffs or one game out of the wildcard.

It comes down to if you believe the Bills and Dolphins are real threats, which I don't.   I'm sure we'll drop a game, maybe even two against them, but I'd take 7-2 over 6-3.

31 minutes ago, tonyto36 said:

They're 5-2 in spite of playing 5 of 7 games against teams that are currently in the playoffs or one game out of the wildcard.

It comes down to if you believe the Bills and Dolphins are real threats, which I don't.   I'm sure we'll drop a game, maybe even two against them, but I'd take 7-2 over 6-3.

Divisional games are always tough, even when the opponent is bad. 

• 2 weeks later...
3 minutes ago, IheartMyV8 said:

Bennett getting cut by Green Bay.  Not sure what his injury is, but would there be any value in bringing him back?

http://www.weei.com/blogs/ryan-hannable/former-patriots-te-martellus-bennett-reportedly-cut-packers

He's still one of the best blocking TEs in the NFL.  Not sure he's worth bringing back with whatever injury he has though.  Also, sounds like his head just isn't in the game but who knows.

2 hours ago, IheartMyV8 said:

Bennett getting cut by Green Bay.  Not sure what his injury is, but would there be any value in bringing him back?

http://www.weei.com/blogs/ryan-hannable/former-patriots-te-martellus-bennett-reportedly-cut-packers

He's been beyond awful this season. Never liked his game. Never liked his attitude. His production was all schemed/given to him last season and that was the case for most of his prime years. I'd keep the bust Dwayne Allen over him...

18 hours ago, tonyto36 said:

Sherman out for season with ruptured achilles. 

Wonder if Seahawks fans still think they're a lock to win multiple championships with their loaded young core.

Just like the Saints, Packers, Steelers....

Have to think they can't go all the way now. Rams may well beat them to the punch anyway.

• 3 weeks later...
14 hours ago, tonyto36 said:

Is Joe Flacco still an elite QB?

[10 games] 66%, 1734 yards, 9 TD 11 INT.  5.4 YPA 74.4 rating.

Three games without a passing TD.

Four games with multiple INTs.

Seven games with an interception.

*snicker snicker snicker*

He sucks

14 hours ago, tonyto36 said:

Is Joe Flacco still an elite QB?

[10 games] 66%, 1734 yards, 9 TD 11 INT.  5.4 YPA 74.4 rating.

Three games without a passing TD.

Four games with multiple INTs.

Seven games with an interception.

*snicker snicker snicker*

Was he ever? To me he was always riding that line of the top half of the league. Servicable starter, but more than a game manager. 

11 minutes ago, Deadpulse said:

Was he ever? To me he was always riding that line of the top half of the league. Servicable starter, but more than a game manager. 

Completely agree.  

Just there were some who thought otherwise for a while because of a fluke SB run.

30 minutes ago, Hunter2_1 said:

He sucks

Yep.

Archived