Around the NFL

tonyto36

20 minutes ago, Starless said:

the Pats got less for their QBotF than the Chiefs are getting for their ******* 34-year-old stopgap.

Its a third round pick for a 23.5 million dollar a year QB in a system with possibly the best receiving ( not blocking ), fastest receiver and great rookie RB.

8 hours ago, mission27 said:

I hope this doesn't mean Cousins is going to the Jets or Bills (or Dolphins).

Or Denver or Jacksonville. This FA is going to be really interesting, I can't wait. Expect doom and gloom in this forum when he signs in Denver. Patriots run in the AFC is over now that Denver got a QB to pair with their defense!!

Stupid trade for the Redskins.

5 hours ago, 1ForTheThumb said:

Or Denver or Jacksonville. This FA is going to be really interesting, I can't wait. Expect doom and gloom in this forum when he signs in Denver. Patriots run in the AFC is over now that Denver got a QB to pair with their defense!!

Stupid trade for the Redskins.

Im not sure they had a choice. They couldnt commit the money to Cousins for the 3rd straight tag without letting their remain stagnant or slip lower on the talent ranks. Its a deabilitating amount of money for a team to commit to without long-term prospects. Every report I have seen has Kirk unwilling to sign long-term in DC. What else would they do? They gave up very little for a QB who can keep them competitive for next 2-4 years while they continue to build the team up and can be comfortable taking big swings at the QB position without having to force them into the fire right away. I think its a well thought out move. 

• 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, dhunt2402 said:

Jimmy G about to be the highest paid player in the NFL. Hopefully that ends the dumb narrative that we somehow could have kept both him and Brady

Yup. Dont see how the Patriots could make him that rich EVEN if they booted Brady. 

8 hours ago, dhunt2402 said:

Jimmy G about to be the highest paid player in the NFL. Hopefully that ends the dumb narrative that we somehow could have kept both him and Brady

He'll be the highest paid player for maybe a month. Someone's going to drive a Brinks truck up to Cousins' house.

14 hours ago, Starless said:

Garoppolo stands to make the same amount of money in 2018 as the total worth of the 4-year deal Brady signed in 2005.

That’s more of a function of the salary cap. Cap increases every year. The most recent good QB to get a contract will usually be the highest paid player. 

The only difference here is Jimmy hasn’t even started a full seasons worth of games in 4 years. It’s very possible that once teams dissect tape on him he will become pretty average. 

I believe Kirk will prefer the money, low expectations and plethora of high draft picks in Cleveland with a savvy offensive-minded coach in Hue Jackson to anywhere else. The Broncos offense is in shambles at the moment. The Jets could be a good fit and offer a market unlike anywhere else but the scrutiny is high. Buffalo seems too far off and Tyrod Taylor is still there for a year, right? I think Cousins goes to Cleveland and it isn't close because of their cap space.

Archived