What are some of the best football quotes in NFL history?

TecmoSuperJoe

I can't remember if we already had this thread. If so, it was a while ago I'm almost certain. Anyway, I was thinking of the quote former runningback Leroy Hoard apparently said to one of his coaches way back when. Arguably my favorite football quote: “Coach, if you need one yard, I’ll get you three yards. If you need five yards, I’ll get you three yards.”

What are some of the other good ones that stick out in your mind? I know the Parcells "You are what your record says you are" which I'm not a big fan of, but perhaps it depends on what you take away from it. "You play to win the game" by Herman Edwards is still great. "We're on to Cincinnati" is legendary. "They are who we thought they were!!!" by Dennis Green also HOF status. 

Hey, man, we heard ’em this week. We’ve seen the devil. We’ve seen the devil! We looked him in his eyes! We’re still here. We’re on this field. Another season. Another opportunity. I’ll play for you, brother. I’ll play for you. I’ll play for you. Brotherhood, man. We don’t fear anybody. That’s what I learned about this. We don’t fear anybody. No man. No team. No situation. It’s our time, baby. This is our time. Brotherhood. That’s right here. For you. Brotherhood. I love you men. Trust yourself. Trust your teammate. Play your *** off. Let’s go win!

- Drew Brees

Not a Saints fan, but I'm ready to take on a RB in the hole...

• Like 1

I think we could have a thread made up of only Vince Lombardi quotes...

The only place success comes before work is in the dictionary.

Winning is habit. Unfortunately, so is losing.

Perfection is not attainable, but if we chase perfection we can catch excellence.

Winning is not everything, but wanting to win is.

I think these transcend football.

• Like 11

This thread needs more John McKay:

- "We didn’t tackle well today but we made up for it by not blocking"

- "If you have everyone back from a team that lost ten games, the experience isn’t too important"

- "Three or four plane crashes and we're in the playoffs."

• Like 15