Marshon Freaking Lattimore

saintsfan

49 minutes ago, whodatworm23 said:

Breaux has setback, likley out for season... Dude is never healthy and at 28 years old thats not a good thing. Just dont see how we consider him a part of the future anylonger. 

I just saw this. All they're saying is "suffered a setback in practice". Any further word from the insiders as to what's up?

2 minutes ago, whodatworm23 said:

All were hearing is setback with fibula... 3-6 week timeline.

Got it.

Well, perhaps he can be a safety valve for the playoffs if he's needed. I'd hate to see him IR, but also don't think we need him "yet".

What a great problem to finally have... depth.

9 minutes ago, Mid Iowa said:

Got it.

Well, perhaps he can be a safety valve for the playoffs if he's needed. I'd hate to see him IR, but also don't think we need him "yet".

What a great problem to finally have... depth.

YeAh... My quote was more so about the future with him. If im not mistaken his contracg is coming up, (although he might be restricted) but hes never healthy and i think hes like 28 years old. He was a great story and a hometown guy but with Lattimore and Krawley playing tge way they are and a 2018 draft full of top corners, the safety position being stacked... I just dont see where Breaux fits in anymore. 

I'm charting some of the top corners using all 22 footage, using similar methodology to here http://presnapreads.com/the-pre-snap-reads-cornerback-analysis-method/

Obviously have to include the next big thing Lattimore, and I'd like to know any general observations or just general knowledge you guys might have about the Saints defense (specifically their coverage tendencies) that could make my job easier. Unlike the presnapreads approach, I include zone. Obviously I'd caution readers about my zone metrics right off the bat since I cannot know for sure who was responsible for what without knowing the playcalls, which is why I separate the two.

The most difficult part of this type of analysis is deciphering between man and zone, and when zone, determining player responsibilities. I am 3 games in and the Dolphins game was a bit trickier. Marshon makes it extra difficult by being so quick, both on his feet and with his reactions, to fly to the target or where he thinks it's going based on what he sees. Was he caught out of position and is trying to recover, or did he just abandon his zone because he saw the hole and where the ball was going/likely to go? Those are the kind of questions that come up. So I would appreciate any information that would make my job easier. 

Also if any of you have a gamepass subscription, please look at Rudolph's 15 yard TD in week 1. It's definitely zone coverage, Rudolph runs a corner route and Bradford throws a perfect ball between Lattimore and the safety. It looked to me like Lattimore slightly bit on an underneath route he saw developing which was enough to let Rudolph get behind him. Thus far that'd be the only notable catch allowed, and in man, which is what really matters, Lattimore has only allowed 3 catches of 6 (Thielen curl), 7 (Parker slant) and 6 yards (Parker slant), none for a first down. 

5 hours ago, RandyMossIsBoss said:

Also if any of you have a gamepass subscription, please look at Rudolph's 15 yard TD in week 1. It's definitely zone coverage, Rudolph runs a corner route and Bradford throws a perfect ball between Lattimore and the safety. It looked to me like Lattimore slightly bit on an underneath route he saw developing which was enough to let Rudolph get behind him. Thus far that'd be the only notable catch allowed, and in man, which is what really matters, Lattimore has only allowed 3 catches of 6 (Thielen curl), 7 (Parker slant) and 6 yards (Parker slant), none for a first down. 

Yea, I'd pin that one mostly on Lattimore, but it's hard to say.

EDIT:  I don't envy you trying to decipher these zones.

2 hours ago, Jlowe22 said:

Yea, I'd pin that one mostly on Lattimore, but it's hard to say.

EDIT:  I don't envy you trying to decipher these zones.

Yeah, I don't even put much weight into it so when I post my findings (once I have about 3 or so CBs to compare) I'll be sure to emphasize that. I mean it would be difficult for even a football coach to diagnose the coverage scheme and responsibilities for every player without knowing playcalls.... and that's exactly what the DC wants, for it to not be clear. He's trying to confuse professional coaches, so it's a given a fan like myself will struggle to figure it out even with the optimal angle and replay. I figure if I'm going through every pass snap anyway I might as well record everything.

https://1drv.ms/x/s!AjvqihcNb--ncxxt40gJ84hvoBA

^Marshon in coverage through the Bucs game. I tallied up just 8 catches and 78 yards allowed by him in man so far, pretty crazy. Currently doing Jalen Ramsey, probably Xavier Rhodes or Chris Harris next, which will give some grounds for comparison and provide more context to these numbers.

Archived